TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Game Chatter

Guest Smues

Jeff Weaver just beaned Jd Drew, Chipper Jones, and Johnny Estrada back to back to back. Fuck you Weaver we don't need any injuries right now.

Jeff Weaver just beaned Jd Drew, Chipper Jones, and Johnny Estrada back to back to back. Fuck you Weaver we don't need any injuries right now.

THree guys hit in a row, they must've thrown him out, right?

If not, that's hilarious. Keep it up Jeff!

Guest Anglesault

This current Yankee run will from now on be known as Suckfest 2004 II: Twice the Unbearable Crap.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

Even Curtis Pride got a hit (a double and an RBI at that).

Go Angels!

I must've jinxed it. Prior's walked three in the second inning (one intentional) and wound up giving up a two-run single to the pitcher. This is why I hate the intentional walk. Too many times we've seen the pitcher unable to find his control afterwards.

Oy. Prior can't seem to have two straight starts where he's on. He's already walked five, has over 60 pitches and isn't through three. He looked promising in the first; striking out the side, but since then, has been poor in the control area. Obviously with Oswalt pitching tomorrow, the Cubs HAVE to win tonight.

For the first time this year Barry Zito has put together three quality starts in a row and today had probably his best start of the year with eight shutout innings against Tampay Bay. Maybe it's time to at least temporarily change my avatar.

Dramatic game (although featuring sloppy defense and horrid relief pitching) in SF today as the Mets win 11-9. Dustin Mohr drops a pop up by Todd Zeile in the 12th when he loses it in the sun, giving the Mets 2 gift runs. Mets blew 3 separate leads in the game, including one in the 8th and one in the 10th. I'll say this, for pretty much his entire career, the Mets have handled Barry Bonds pretty well (especially at Shea), well that is over now as he has reached base 9 out of 10 times in the series, including going 4-4 today. If the Mets were actually in a pennant race, this would have been one of the games of the year, but it really only affects the Giants. I don't expect a carry over, as Matt Ginter pitches tomorrow and will no doubt be slaughtered by the Giants potent lineup.

Kirk Rueter is pitching tomorrow for SF, though. He's usually good for about 6 runs in a 6 inning span and walks galore. I'll be there tomorrow, hoping to all hell, that the home plate ump has the largest strikezone ever, cause that's the only way he's going to be effective.

I still in shock that Pedro Feliz, with the bases loaded and no outs, swings at a 2-0 pitch to ground into a run scoring double play. One run with the bases stacked and none out, is inexcusable. As well as Mohr's dropped ball. But to his credit he did come up with another way to force a double play when he was caught off base after a Bonds' pop-up against the Expos.

The Cubs defensive ineptitude is really starting to reach ridiculous levels. Goddamn...they were on the verge of all but knocking the Astros out of the race completely, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Fuckin' Macias.

I figure Wood has a good shot at beating Oswalt tomorrow which would give them a solid 2/3 in the series, but man this one hurts.

Some Cub fans are the kings of overreaction.  I imagine their ideal team would tend to look like Crimson Storm's fantasy teams come August.

Overreact nothing. They had just made a great comeback against one of the premiere closers in the game and then they blow it. Not because of what the Astros did, but because of an easy error. How ironic that Macias looked to figure into the original decision, only to figure in the real decision for entirely different reasons.

And it seems to figure that the day the Giants FINALLY lose, the Cubs can't close the deal. Still 40 games left, but it's time to stop sitting around and waiting for it to happen.

Guest Anglesault
Some Cub fans are the kings of overreaction.

Should I take that as an insult or complement?