TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Game Chatter

And for anyone thinking anybody around here overreacts; just go to any contending team's message board over at MLB.com. It's been mentioned here before, but that has to be one of the biggest wastelands as far as baseball talk goes. I think only the Braves and Cards' boards have any optimism.

It's hilarious reading the boards of contending teams after they lose. For instance, threads have been popping up about Gagne sucks and that he's no better than Matt Herges, following his weak performance the last few nights.

Also, everyone was calling for LaTroy's head tonight and saying that they should've put anyone out there other than him. Please. I'm not crazy about him in the closer role, but there aren't many other options at this point. Some people were actually saying that FARNSWORTH was a better option than LaTroy because he "can handle pressure." BWHAHAHAHA!

Guest Anglesault
Some people were actually saying that FARNSWORTH was a better option than LaTroy because he "can handle pressure."  BWHAHAHAHA!

Okay this board is as legitimate as a three-legged donkey at this point

Which we all know, of course, is not legitimate.

Poor son of a bitch.  Not exactly a game that wound up being worth waiting for.

No, but I am notorious for never ever leaving a game early. Especially since I got to move all the way down to 3 rows from LF and sat with a bunch of rowdies like myself. We had a few chants going and got a bunch of players on our side of the field to wave, including Jeter two or three times. 3B umpire Laz Diaz was great, we kept screaming at him and he kept smiling and waving, and pretty much reacting every time. Jeter even got annoyed at us one point, because we kept trying to get Enrique Wilson's attention and he kept waving at us to try and make us stop.

Edit> There's also a point where I'm sure I got on TV, where a ball few between Jeter and Matsui in LF.

Want to know how easy it is to put together a competitive ballclub for less then $25 Million? It's a 25 man roster and I manage to save $4 Million on top of that. The most money spent would be $4.61 Million on David Ortiz.

$25 Million Cap

C Kevin Cash: $300,000

C Johnny Estrada: $310,000

1B David Ortiz: $4.61 Million

1B Heep Seop Choi: $310,000

2B Marcus Giles: $430,000

3B Joe Crede: $340,000

3B Hank Blalock: $550,000

SS Adam Everett: $370,000

SS Chase Utley: $50,000

LF Ben Grieve: $700,000

LF Lew Ford: $50,000

CF Corey Patterson: $480,000

CF Aaron Rowand: $340,000

RF Jeromy Burnitz: $1.25 Million

RF Reggie Sanders: $2.00 Million

SP Oliver Perez: $320,000

SP Barry Zito: $2.90 Million

SP Johan Santana: $1.60 Million

SP Brandon Webb: $340,000

SP Dontrelle Willis: $340,000

MR Brad Lidge: $360,000

MR Rafael Soriano: $340,000

MR B.J. Ryan: $1.28 Million

MR Mike Gonzalez: $300,000

CL Danny Kolb: $1.53 Million

Total: $22 Million

Chase Utley has as much a right playing shortstop as I do. I wouldn't take Ortiz for that club, as Choi already mashes righties, and your better off picking up a right-handed platoon mate.

Guest Anglesault
Chase Utley only makes 5,000 dollars?!

I thought the minimum was higher than that.

Oswalt was close to getting out of the inning when he walked Alou and Sosa reached on an error, which gave the Cubs the lead. Then Ramirez hits a three-run shot and on the next pitch, Barrett gets beamed and Oswalt gets tossed. IT'S A MIRACLE~!!! And it's only the third inning.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

Angels sweep the Yankees in the Bronx for the first time in a long, long time.

This could potentially be a play-off match, so hopefully it is a good omen.

Big day as Oakland lose to Tampa and Kansas City are beating up on Texas.

Wood got tossed in the middle of the fifth, after he hit Jeff Kent. Dumb decision, since it makes no sense that he'd hit a guy with an eight run lead and just two outs short of qualifying for the win.

Guest Brian

The NL West and Al East races, which seemed out of reach just a couple weeks ago, could be getting pretty competitive pretty quickly. Yankees lost and Giants are up 3-0 after Barry put up a two spot.

Apparently, my not being able to watch the Red Sox has them winning. I think I'll not watch them even when my cable finally gets put back on.

I don't like the Yankees, but something about the Sox has really rubbed me the wrong way this year. The sadist in me wants the Sox to get within a game or so of the Yankees before falling out of it completely.

This year's Red Sox are even cooler than the last. If they can give the Yankees a run, I'm all for it. It'll take extending the streak through Chicago and onward, and the Yanks dropping a few to the Indians, who are still fighting for the Central.

This year's Red Sox are even cooler than the last. If they can give the Yankees a run, I'm all for it. It'll take extending the streak through Chicago and onward, and the Yanks dropping a few to the Indians, who are still fighting for the Central.

Nah, I liked last year's more. They seemed more upbeat and were fun to watch. The Sox have been hot as of late, but anyone who says they've been fun to watch all season are liars. Were it not for their hot start and hot streak the last couple of weeks, they'd be a .500 ball club.

The incessant bitching that goes on in Boston has increased heavily this year. As ironic as it is for a Cubs fan to talking about it, the pessimistic outlook that most of Boston has had this year is much greater than last season. I no longer see the Sox as an underdog. They've got quite a bit of money, so there's no need to pretend like they're some small guy going up against the big, bad evil empire.

Guest GreatOne

As predicted last week the Mariners won a whopping two games swinging through the midwest (ok so I called 2-4), eight-game homestand coming up which includes the first ever Safeco doubleheader babee!!!!!!!!!!

Ichiro's BA: .370, M's winning %: .377

I'm beginning to think that sending Meche down was the best thing for him.

Guest Anglesault
This year's Red Sox are even cooler than the last.

It's a team of raving fucking lunatics. When Curt Schilling may be the most sane man there, you have major, major problems. Getting rid of Nomar helped that a little, but damn, they're all fucked up.

And this current lackluster Yankee run has me mildly annoyed.

Calvin Pickering is 2 for 2 with 2 home runs and a walk in his Royals debut

Pickering already has 35 HRs in 299 AB for Triple-A Omaha

The second home run was a 440ft shot to Center

The sad thing is when Calvin was with the Delmarva Shorebirds, even the people running the snack bar knew what was wrong with him.

Pickering REFUSED to play baseball with his contacts...basically, he'd come to the plate nearly blind and swing the bat.

Still hit 35 homeruns if I remember correctly.

So maybe he is finally playing with his damn contacts.

This year's Red Sox are even cooler than the last.

It's a team of raving fucking lunatics. When Curt Schilling may be the most sane man there, you have major, major problems. Getting rid of Nomar helped that a little, but damn, they're all fucked up.

And this current lackluster Yankee run has me mildly annoyed.

Nah, Curt had the bear vs. shark tirade. I give the certificate of sanity to Doug Mienkewcitz or whatever. Damon, Mueller, Millar, Ramirez, Varitek, Martinez, Schilling, Bobblehead Martinez, Ortiz, however...all nuts.

Guest Anglesault
The NL West and Al East races, which seemed out of reach just a couple weeks ago, could be getting pretty competitive pretty quickly. Yankees lost and Giants are up 3-0 after Barry put up a two spot.

Oh COME ON.

The AL East race is done. Even I don't seriously expect a team with the offensive caliber of the Yankees to play like this much longer, let alone to the point where they lose an over five game lead. Reminder: the Yankees have about 37 games remaining with the Blue Jays.

Also, of note, the Yanks recent horrendous run has been agains first place and/or contending teams. The Red Sox have made up ground against the Jays, Rays and White Sox.

Boston better hope the A's win their division so they can compete with Anaheim & Texas for the Wildcard. If the A's don't win the west, their pitching will carry them to the wildcard spot, and Boston will be sitting at home for the playoffs. Anaheim is hot right now. So I'd pick Texas to drop off within the next few weeks.

Oh COME ON.

The AL East race is done. Even I don't seriously expect a team with the offensive caliber of the Yankees to play like this much longer, let alone to the point where they lose an over five game lead. Reminder: the Yankees have about 37 games remaining with the Blue Jays.

Also, of note, the Yanks recent horrendous run has been agains first place and/or contending teams. The Red Sox have made up ground against the Jays, Rays and White Sox.

It's not likely that the Sox would catch the Yankees, but it certainly isn't outside the realm of possibility.

Guest Anglesault

Oh COME ON.

It's not likely that the Sox would catch the Yankees, but it certainly isn't outside the realm of possibility.

Hell, it's not impossible for the Cardinals to get overtaken.

The Yankees would have to play something like sub-.400 ball while the Red Sox play over .500 for the rest of the year to overtake them completely.

Not gonna happen.