TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Game Chatter

I don't think they're even really allowed anymore. If you didn't notice, we've been chatting about MLB activity in a thread that was supposed to go until three days ago.

btw, why are the MLB Chatter threads no longer pinned.....it was a lot more convenient.

Because of concern that with the NFL threads and other sports, there would be an overkill of pinned threads.

Guest Anglesault

Am I a horrible person for wanting Barry to get a career ending injury at 713?

No?

Didn't think so.

No?

Didn't think so.

actually yes, wishing injury upon anyone is horrible. ;)

I don't like him at all, but you can't deny how amazing he's become. Whether he's roiding up or not is really not relevant to my point. If he only his monster home runs, maybe, but he's clearly one of the best all around hitters in the league. Case in point. If a base hit is what's needed, he'll get that. He won't always go for the longball, as he realizes that a single or double can get certain jobs done.

He rarely gets anything to hit and yet, he's one of the best hitters in baseball right now. That and the fact that he's 40 make it pretty amazing.

Guest Anglesault

No?

Didn't think so.

actually yes, wishing injury upon anyone is horrible. ;)

Hell, I'm pulling for the guy! An injury is what's best for him.

Do you have ANY idea how hard it is to be him? Any clue how hard it is to walk?

Racist.

Just like all those people in Boston.

Just like all those people who berated Hank Aaron!

You know what, you're even worse!

You're like all those people who wrote mean things about steroids to him!

Guest Anglesault

Watching Sportscenter. I ahve to agree with the Cubs Pitcher. Berkman was in the wrong there.

Guest Anglesault
Mets acquire Charlie Brown in waiver trade

By Jim Margalus

Sunday, August 29th, 2004 

NEW YORK (sPERTS.net) – The New York Mets have made their fans say “good grief” the last two months. Today, they made them say “Augh!”

In a continuing act of desperation to claim a playoff berth, the Mets acquired pitcher Charlie Brown from the Peanuts team for pitcher Jae Wong Seo.

Brown will be expected to contribute immediately to a Mets team that has lost seven of its last eight games. Brown is the 25th pitcher New York has used this year.

Owner Fred Wilpon said the Mets turned to Brown after talks to lure former Met Anthony Young out of retirement failed. The front office believed that the 38-year-old Young, who lost a record 27 consecutive decisions in the early 1990s, “was due.”

While Brown’s career record of 1-328 has a lot of baseball people scratching their heads, Mets GM Jim Duquette said, “We think we got a steal.”

“Brown has electric stuff, and we think he’ll kick-start this rotation. He's a good man.”

Wilpon agreed with Duquette, pointing to the exorbitantly high amount of unearned runs Brown has suffered.

“His career record is misleading,” Wilpon said. “His shortstop was his dog, his first baseman carried a blanket, and his right fielder complained almost as much as Raul Mondesi.”

Despite the optimism shown by the Mets’ front office, the players were far more skeptical.

“We traded for two proven pitchers, and they haven’t worked out. I think we should look forward to next year,” Mets’ infielder Todd Zeile said, referring to the acquisitions of Victor Zambrano and Kris Benson.

Benson, acquired on July 30 from the Pirates, has had an ERA of 6.42 with the Mets through six starts. Zambrano, whom the Mets also grabbed at the deadline from Tampa Bay for super-prospect Scott Kazmir, is on the 15-day disabled list after three starts.

Fred Wilpon and his son, Jeff, have publicly eschewed the players for having a losing attitude, but as some members of the media have pointed out, Brown has a history of being far from enthusiastic.

“Brown has been seeing a psychologist regularly since the 1970s, and not a very good one at that,” the New York Daily News’ Mike Lupica wrote Sunday.

“This is a guy famous for saying, ‘I only dread one day at a time.’ The New York media is going to eat him alive.”

Along with the routine pressure of performing under the spotlight, Brown is going to have to shake off steroid accusations that have led some to derisively refer to him as “The Great Pumpkin.”

“Look at the size of that head! It’s the same size as Mr. Met’s!” said WFAN’s Chris “Mad Dog” Russo, host of the popular New York morning show, “Mike and Mad Dog.”

Brown couldn’t be reached for statement, but through a written statement he denied doping, saying, “I was drawn that way.”

While the Mets are looking into acquiring Van Pelt as a defensive sub for Mike Piazza at first base, their cross-town rivals are looking at some of Van Pelt’s teammates.

“We’ve been saying we couldn’t get peanuts for Esteban Loaiza,” Yankees owner George Steinbrenner said. “Well, maybe we can.”

Guest Staravenger

Man the Mets have REALLY been in the shitter the last few years.

Owner Fred Wilpon said the Mets turned to Brown after talks to lure former Met Anthony Young out of retirement failed. The front office believed that the 38-year-old Young, who lost a record 27 consecutive decisions in the early 1990s, “was due.”

....Excuse me :lol: Seriously, if they are that desperate, just drag a fan from the crowd out to pitch, or better yet, call Wade Boggs.

I just realized that was a joke. Please make fun of me.

Guest Anglesault

According to the Toronto Sun, A-Rod is EVIL~! for yelling to Reed Johnson to throw Sierra's 300 ball in. (Johnson threw it into the seats)

It's getting really strange.

He never gave up many home runs. Give him a good right fielder, and he can go far.

The problem is Brown is a groundball pitcher and he's got Matshui playing Short.

3 games ago the Phillies were 9.0 games out of the Wildcard.

Now they are 6.0 games back. I know I;m just getting excited...but I mean...is ANYONE on board with me to get silly and PRAY TO GOD, who knows, an amazing comeback could work?

Keep in mind there's like 5 teams within that 6.0 game margin...Astros, Marlins, Giants, Padres, Cubs....ugh.

Anyone here think Ichiro will break the most hits in a season record? He's a little under 50 hits away from getting the most hits in a season record. I don't think he will because the Mariners September schedule is pretty brutal with 7 games against Anaheim, 7 against Oakland, and 4 against Boston.

Guest Brian

At some point you assume he's going to cool off, but it just doesn't happen. It's pretty fucking amazing to watch.

Guest Anglesault
Anyone here think Ichiro will break the most hits in a season record? He's a little under 50 hits away from getting the most hits in a season record. I don't think he will because the Mariners September schedule is pretty brutal with 7 games against Anaheim, 7 against Oakland, and 4 against Boston.

I almost feel bad for the guy, because if he came here and started at legitimate Rookie age, he could have made a run at Rose.

The problem is Brown is a groundball pitcher and he's got Matshui playing Short.

Untrue. Snoopy was the only competant ballplayer on that team in any way.