TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in College Football 9/2-9/6

Man my Sooners won but it was closer than it should've been. I mean that was a good offense by BG but our Secondary just blew chunks.

Offense was incredible. Hey! We can run the ball this year!

In other news, Clemson is falling apart against Wake Forest.

They are driving 1st and goal, down 27-19 but they have turned the ball over three times.

Whitehurst has looked just terrible.

EDIT: TD, 2pt is good and now it's 27-27 with 1:48 remaining in the game.

Ok, what the hell?

Bringing down the goal post for SURVIVING WAKE FOREST?!?!?!

Bringing down the goal post because Wake didn't have a QB who could hit the wide opening receiver?

Ok, this goal post stuff has GOT to stop. It's getting stupid. It used to mean something, now they are just bringing them down for the most simple of situations. Yeah, great comeback...against WAKE FOREST.

When you are in the Top 25, you have no business EVER bringing down your goal post. EVER.

Guest Flyboy

I think teke might be close to crying. LSU offense has been... wait, there hasn't been any so far.

Rutgers, the Cincinnati Bengals of the NCAA, won their first game of the season over Michigan State

Lucky shot, or possible turnaround?

Those penaltys against OSU were a little bit of bullshit. Maybe call the first one but the second one was trivial.

Fuck the SEC Refs. OSU deserved to win that game.

OSU should have gotten a fucking safety on that last kickoff return...

Fucker STEPPED ON THE LINE of the end zone before he kneeled it.

PS- Those WEREN'T SEC refs AFAIK. In non-conference games, refs tend to be from neutral conferences.

Fuck the SEC Refs. OSU deserved to win that game.

OSU should have gotten a fucking safety on that last kickoff return...

Fucker STEPPED ON THE LINE of the end zone before he kneeled it.

PS- Those WEREN'T SEC refs AFAIK. In non-conference games, refs tend to be from neutral conferences.

They were, as the announcers pointed out nearly every time a flag was thrown, SEC refs.

Well pardon me, I was in the friggin' South end zone watching the game and couldn't hear ESPN from there.

HOWEVER, that still doesn't change the fact that there were blown calls on BOTH sides, including one that should have put LSU up by 2 with seconds left in the 4th quarter.

HOWEVER, that still doesn't change the fact that there were blown calls on BOTH sides, including one that should have put LSU up by 2 with seconds left in the 4th quarter.

What call was that?

Who were the officials in the OU/BGSU game? I mean I saw a couple of personal fouls(3 to be exact) from BGSU that were never called. It was pissing me off.

Anyways so out of the Top 3 from last season who are also the Top 3 this season......none of them have looked incredible.

USC seemed to have offensive line trouble and a little bit of defensive trouble.

LSU looks to be having offensive trouble.

OU's secondary sucks.

Hmm......maybe the Top 3 won't be in the Top 3 by the end of things this season? I dunno.....I still was damn impressed with that Sooner offense. I repeated to myself about 1000 times during the game "They can run the ball....." b/c it was so non-existant last season. And Jason White? Fluke? HA! The guy was incredible again.

Timmy Chang passes for 302 yards in a loss to Florida Atlantic, and is now 1,916 yards away from the NCAA career record held by Ty Detmer.

Win or lose, I want to see Chang break the record.

Guest GreatOne

If I had to put up with people trying to convince me how the Cougs choked at ND last year then Oregon State deserves the same lashing. Hell Dunning missed an extra point and a field goal, not three gimme extras, that and Wazzu could actually, you know, move the ball on the last drive when they needed to.

Well I guess all those FSU kickers of yore feel a bit better............

Guest GreatOne

Oh I imagine the 'don't kick yourself/no wait, on second thought you need practice' jokes will be flying out of UO this week................

It was an awful week for kickers. Missed PAT's and stuff all over the place.

Clemson/Wake was my favorite match-up, though I was disappointed that Wake didn't hold it together. Get those Tigers an ACC loss, dammit!

Ultimately, the end results mean not a lot of surprises so far, but Clemson's struggle and especially LSU's troubles have made for a fun week thus far.

Pure coincidence, but man, jungle cats do blow. I've always hated the "we need a mascot...let's make it a cat!" mentality that has resulted in about 18 Tigers, a handful of Panthers, and even a Bobcat here and there. Ass for creativity, people.

Hey at least people have a name that can make a mascot. I have The Sooners.......I know what a sooner is but what are we going to have some oversized 1890's guy with a flag running around on the sideline? Instead we get some horses......and some redneck guys shooting guns......ok......