TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in College Football 9/9 - 9/11

Guest MikeSC
Jesus Lord, how is Chris Rix still a starter?

When Brock Berlin outplays you, you are just not good.

-=Mike

I'd tend to agree. While Brock can't play for shit when he's under pressure, he sure looked like Superman on that last drive, passing the length of the field in a quick drive.

Prevents you from winning. :angry:

Musburger and Danielson are both horrible. Neither seems to know what's happening and you can tell Musburger bet on Miami because he was way more excited when they scored than FSU.

Rix made his best effort to throw an interception on the last play.

What are the odds FSU wins in overtime? 100-1?

Musburger and Danielson are both horrible. Neither seems to know what's happening and you can tell Musburger bet on Miami because he was way more excited when they scored than FSU.

I'm trying to figure out who Brad Nessler pissed off before last season to lose the #1 spot back to Musburger. Brent started losing his mind 10 years ago.

I'm already having to mute Aaron Taylor at halftime.

What are the odds FSU wins in overtime? 100-1?

Having to depend on Chris Rix and Xavier Beitia?? I'd say 3,000,000-1

Rix is the bigger question. Beitia is only a factor past OT number one if he attempts a FG, as there are no kicking PATs after the first OT.

MAN... If Miami scores on this upcoming series, Rix won't be able to show his face in Tallahassee for a while.

Fumbling a ball in OT is about a 99% assurance that you'll lose the game because you don't put ANY points on the table.

Guest MikeSC

FSU might want to be worried. They have been made to look inept by Miami.

-=Mike

...How many times has Rix been hit?

Chris Rix is no fucking soldier.

Miami puts them out of their misery quickly.

Now off to ESPN and the BLUE TURF~! Boise State has erased a 14-0 defecit and gone up 20-14 at the half against Oregon State.

I actually thought Rix was gonna turn it around this season. I guess there is still time but not a good way to start a season.

I remember seeing Chris Rix here in Louisville when FSU lost that wild rainy OT game. Keep in mind he threw an INT in the OT in that game. I thought at the time that Rix was REALLY horrible, but thought it could have been the rain

After tonight, I know...it was not the rain. What the hell was Herbstreit thinking by picking FSU in this game because he thought Rix would be awesome and then go on to WIN THE HEISMAN???? Is he out of his fucking mind?

Brock Berlin is mediocre but he isn't an outright fiasco. Rix will be lucky to escape alive after this one.

Although the focus of this game will be on Brock Berlin and Frank Gore, I must say that Antrel Rolle is a mutherfucking bad ass!! He should be a top 5 pick easy in this year's draft, but you never know.. He was phenomenal tonight.

:: crosses fingers and hopes Antrel Rolle drops to Redskins pick in upcoming draft ::

Rix still looks like a freshman...a HIGH SCHOOL freshman.

He routinely screws over his team, then proceeds to go out and do it again. In between he occasionally flashes some talent, then blows it up with another blunder. And sometimes it looks like he still doesn't get it...THROW the ball away...PROTECT THE BALL AT ALL COSTS. They keep bringing up the fact that he's the only QB only Bowden to start four seasons...what no one mentions is that he was pretty much the only option, he has been replaced, and had Adrian McPhearson decided not to start gambling McPhearson would be the starter.

I just don't understand the guy. I wonder if the light is ever going to go on and he'll start making good decisions. But his time is running out.

Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and play the freshman, in this case that would be Xavier Lee, the true freshman who I believe was the #2 QB recruit in the country behind Rhett Bomar. If FSU drops another game, say the Clemson game, and falls out of the ACC race, I could see FSU deciding to bench Rix and prepare for next year by playing Lee some.

I'll defend Rix and the offense and say the O-Line for Florida St. was absolutley horrible. I saw no running lanes, and Rix didn't have a lot of time to throw the ball.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Can someone explain to me all the love Rix was getting as a potential Heisman guy? Did I miss some point where he didn't suck?

Rix actually had a pretty good year last season overall. Maybe they thought he'd pull a Carson Palmer and finally have that one, huge breakout year.

well the loss can't be blamed on Rix because FSU at the end was down to like third stringers at guard and playing tackles at guard towards the end, and I don't care you if you have Brett Farve back there with no line, its hard for any quarterback to make plays when he has no time to throw at all

Watching my alma mater, Southern Miss, taking on Nebraska on ABC.

Southern Miss is up 9-3 right now at the half and I'd originally had them penciled in as my pick this week, but I decided to take the safe route and go with Nebraska.

It still won't bite me in the ass because my opponent, as I figured, picked Nebraska as well.