Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Yankees/Red Sox chat thread

Guest complete confusion

Yankee fans have a sense of ego...

Red Sox Fans will generally be sour.

Guest Staravenger
Red Sox Fans will generally be sour.

I'd reffer to them as whacked out. When someone dresses up as Babe Ruth or Uncle Sam for a baseball game, I don't think everything's right upstairs. The Yankee fans just like to brag, but also respect most players.

Guest Anglesault
You can say the same about the Cubs/Cardinals series. So, shh.

I seem to recall TWO incidents all season.

Ah, yes, because if there's anyone knee deep in this rivalry it's KENNY LOFTON.

It doesn't matter who you are. When you put on that Yankees or Red Sox uniform, you're a part of it all.

Kind of like The Mask, huh?

Do they morph to? It'd be cool if they morphed.

And I assume after the game, when they change, they return back to normal? Or is it all part of an EVIL spell that lasts for the duration of their contracts?

All the players are in the mindsight that the other team is out to get them.

Thank you, Dr. Chong.

Guest Anglesault
Throwing at him in the first place wasn't necessary.  This all started because Lofton overreacted to something stupid he probably wouldn't have had the opposing team not been Boston.  This all goes back to my point that these two teams have allowed themselves to get so caught up in the hype of their rivalry that they're using the littlest thing as a catylst to attempting to create another memory in the Boston vs. Yankees saga.

Nah. They're entirely different. Probably because we're just Simple Midwestern Folk®. I'm surprised the game itself got so out of hand. From my personal experiences in Illinois, a Cubs-Cardinals argument seems to be like this:

"Hey man, you like the Cubs?"

"Naw, I like the Cardinals better."

"Aw geez, you stink, Cubs are better than the Cards!"

"No way, man! The Cardinals are so much better."

"Yeah right dude! You're wrong, man. Hey, you want another beer?"

"Yeah sure, thanks man"

I think that more or less comes with the territory of never actually fighting for anything of value. That's what a Yankee fan/Met fan coversation looks like.

The Yanks/Sox rivalry is more about the teams hating each other

God Forbid

Guest complete confusion

Or the reds/pirates

"Who is your team?"

"Reds. You?"

"Pirates"

"Sorry. Don't worry the extra 15 million won't make a difference"

"Yeah, I know. Just like a Future Hall of Famer won't either"

"Wanna get a beer and see if we can beat out the brewers for last place?"

"Sure why not"

Guest complete confusion
Or the Expos/Mets...

"..."

Nothing. Both teams fans all commited suicide.

I saw that 7 people were found dead in a pile.

I guess that clears it up.

Guest Anglesault
Or the Expos/Mets...

"..."

Yes, four people tripped over the pile and hit their heads.

I seem to recall TWO incidents all season. And there's really no comparison here. I'll admit the Carlos Zambrano thing wasn't a shining moment in the rivalry, but this rivalry was built more on competition and great, back and forth games. The Yanks/Sox rivalry is more about the teams hating each other and trying to one-up the other one in the off season like immature kids.

Ah, yes, because if there's anyone knee deep in this rivalry it's KENNY LOFTON.

It doesn't matter who you are. When you put on that Yankees or Red Sox uniform, you're a part of it all. Doesn't matter if you're Derek Jeter or a third-string catcher. All the players are in the mindsight that the other team is out to get them.

So the 13 inning game wasn't one of, if not the best game of the year?

Guest Sylvan Grenier

As for The Zambrano Incident, that very well could've been the Padres or the Mets he flipped out at rather than the Cardinals, since the guy is just such a nut.

Or the Expos/Mets...

"..."

Yes, four people tripped over the pile and hit their heads.

I'm kind of sick of people saying the Mets are an all time loser organization. They have been around for 42 years, have won 2 world Championships and 4 National League Pennants. There have been stretches (like the one currently) where they have been terrible (early 60s, late 70s early 80's, mid 90s), but I would not call them one of the big losers in sports history. The Houston Astros came in to the National League the same year the Mets did, 1962, and have not won a single playoff series. The Texas Rangers have also not won a playoff series. The Phillies have one championship in 100 years.

Guest Anglesault
m kind of sick of people saying the Mets are an all time loser organization.

It would probably stop if the Mets quit being a loser organization. In general, as an organization, they have an awful habit of not knowing which way is up.

Guest Sylvan Grenier
m kind of sick of people saying the Mets are an all time loser organization.

It would probably stop if the Mets quit being a loser organization. In general, as an organization, they have an awful habit of not knowing which way is up.

I heard their payroll is actually higher than Chicago's.

I was talking about in their entire history AS, they HAVE made some good decisions over the years and have won before. They are not at the level of the Clippers in the NBA, the Bengals in the NFL, etc. They are not an all-time losing organization. Like I said the Houston Astros started the same year as the Mets and have never won a playoff series.

I didn't say the Red Sox and Yanks haven't had some great games this season. However, their altercations not pertaining to the actual game have been more highlighted than anything else (except the 13-inning game). The majority of the games have been dull, too, with a great deal of them being too one-sided to really be interesting.

Guest Anglesault
I was talking about in their entire history, .

As was I.

They are not an all-time losing organization.

Well, Technically, they are, but that can be said of alot of baseball teams.

I was talking about in their entire history, .

As was I.

They are not an all-time losing organization.

Well, Technically, they are, but that can be said of alot of baseball teams.

How can a franchise with 2 World Championships and 4 National League pennants be an all time loser organization? What are the Astros then?

If you are talking about overall record, they are WELL, WELL below .500 as a franchise, so yes they have lost a lot, but they did win a lot, especially from 84-90

Guest Anglesault
If you are talking about overall record, they are WELL, WELL below .500 as a franchise,

.474. Not so so terrible.

How can a franchise with 2 World Championships and 4 National League pennants be an all time loser organization?
Because when they're not really good, they're REALY bad. There's no middle of the road with this team. And the bad far outweighs the good.

Guest Staravenger

The Bengals were in 2 Superbowls if my memory is correct, so if making the big game/series counts, then the Bengals aren't THAT much of a loser team in their history either since they did it twice.

I personally love the fact that the Yankees-Red Sox hate each other, I hope they play each other in the playoffs and have fights like last year. To me that makes the rivalry all the more exciting. I also hope the Cubs play the Cards in the playoffs, hopefully that series gets just as heated, if not more.

The playoffs were great last year until the boring Marlins-Yankees put a damper on it.