TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MikeSC

Will Somebody Beat This Man?

Guest MikeSC
Carter fears Florida vote trouble

Voting arrangements in Florida do not meet "basic international requirements" and could undermine the US election, former US President Jimmy Carter says.

He said a repeat of the irregularities of the much-disputed 2000 election - which gave President George W Bush the narrowest of wins - "seems likely".

Mr Carter, a veteran observer of polls worldwide, also accused Florida's top election official of "bias".

His remarks come ahead of the first TV debate between Mr Bush and John Kerry.

They are expected to discuss the war on Iraq and homeland security during the programme on Thursday.

It is unconscionable to perpetuate fraudulent or biased electoral practices in any nation

Jimmy Carter

Each has held mock debates with aides standing in for their opponent.

Tens of millions of television viewers are expected to watch Thursday's head-to-head.

Mr Kerry, a debating champion at high school and college, will hope it can help him claw back a deficit in the polls variously put between 3% and 9%.

Florida vote

In an article in the Washington Post newspaper, Mr Carter, a Democrat, said that he and ex-President Gerald Ford, a Republican, had been asked to draw up recommendations for changes after the last vote in Florida was marred by arguments over the counting of ballots.

Mr Carter said the reforms they came up with had still not been implemented.

He accused Florida Secretary of State Glenda Hood, a Republican, of trying to get the name of independent presidential candidate Ralph Nader included on the state ballot, knowing he might divert Democrat votes.

He also said: "A fumbling attempt has been made recently to disqualify 22,000 African Americans (likely Democrats), but only 61 Hispanics (likely Republicans), as alleged felons."

Mr Carter said Florida Governor Jeb Bush - brother of the president - had "taken no steps to correct these departures from principles of fair and equal treatment or to prevent them in the future".

"It is unconscionable to perpetuate fraudulent or biased electoral practices in any nation," he added.

"With reforms unlikely at this late stage of the election, perhaps the only recourse will be to focus maximum public scrutiny on the suspicious process in Florida."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3693354.stm

Will somebody beat this useless fucktard senseless? It's sad that he sees NOTHING wrong with an election involving a known thug --- but the American system? Now THAT is a problem.

When he finally dies, I will happily, and on national television, go piss on his grave.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
Sorry, but I didn't find this story to be worth of its own thread. Just another story about ol' Wacky Jimmy Peanut...

Anything mocking that electoral embarrassment is worthy of special mockery.

The only way it'd be MORE worthy is if he and INXS did a joint press-conference. That'd rule.

-=Mike

Guest Salacious Crumb

I think the real sad part is the state is being destroyed by hurricane after hurricane and Carter's bitching about voting there.

I mean seriously, who in Florida gives a fuck about voting right now?

Yeah, Nader will suck votes off of Kerry; and yeah, the Republicans want his name on the ballot for that reason. However, Nader shouldn't need help getting on the ballot. It's the Democrats who are trying to block his run, which has gone through all the correct avenues to get on the ballot.

Ronald Reagan already beat Jimmy Carter.

Anyways, it's reasonable to have some skepticism about the Florida voting process. And oh yeah, I'm sure there's more evidence to back up your Chavez claim.

Also, I think there might be a bit more which could be done to help African-Americans. I'm not sure on the specifics. But, I definately encourage accountability for their leaders. If they have a corrupt congressman, they should try to do something, either in the Democratic party primary or even the Republican party (even if it might be futile) or in a third party. I consider myself against corruption and for responsibility.

I'm an odd mix of stuff for being a Democrat. Basically there's some social libertarian-ish stuff that I'm for.

But yeah, if people were more responsible, there would be less abortions. And the corrupt politicians should be flushed out of the system. Sorta like what Abscam did.

Guest MikeSC
Ronald Reagan already beat Jimmy Carter.

Anyways, it's reasonable to have some skepticism about the Florida voting process. And oh yeah, I'm sure there's more evidence to back up your Chavez claim.

Also, I think there might be a bit more which could be done to help African-Americans. I'm not sure on the specifics. But, I definately encourage accountability for their leaders. If they have a corrupt congressman, they should try to do something, either in the Democratic party primary or even the Republican party (even if it might be futile) or in a third party. I consider myself against corruption and for responsibility.

An election outcome that only went against EVERY poll (by a significant margin, mind you) taken beforehand; where the gov't could EASILY rig the computers to give them a preferred outcome --- yeah, no reason for doubt about that.

And, at the risk of sounding mean, why should more be done to help African-Americans? Why give them more than you give others?

The only plus is with the growing ranks of blacks becoming economically powerful, more will side with the Republicans.

-=Mike

Guest GreatOne

Next Jimmy Carter will denounce George W. Bush's foreign policy.

Oh wait.................. :lol:

Carter fears Florida vote trouble

Voting arrangements in Florida do not meet "basic international requirements" and could undermine the US election, former US President Jimmy Carter says.

He said a repeat of the irregularities of the much-disputed 2000 election - which gave President George W Bush the narrowest of wins - "seems likely".

Mr Carter, a veteran observer of polls worldwide, also accused Florida's top election official of "bias".

His remarks come ahead of the first TV debate between Mr Bush and John Kerry.

They are expected to discuss the war on Iraq and homeland security during the programme on Thursday.

It is unconscionable to perpetuate fraudulent or biased electoral practices in any nation

Jimmy Carter

Each has held mock debates with aides standing in for their opponent.

Tens of millions of television viewers are expected to watch Thursday's head-to-head.

Mr Kerry, a debating champion at high school and college, will hope it can help him claw back a deficit in the polls variously put between 3% and 9%.

Florida vote

In an article in the Washington Post newspaper, Mr Carter, a Democrat, said that he and ex-President Gerald Ford, a Republican, had been asked to draw up recommendations for changes after the last vote in Florida was marred by arguments over the counting of ballots.

Mr Carter said the reforms they came up with had still not been implemented.

He accused Florida Secretary of State Glenda Hood, a Republican, of trying to get the name of independent presidential candidate Ralph Nader included on the state ballot, knowing he might divert Democrat votes.

He also said: "A fumbling attempt has been made recently to disqualify 22,000 African Americans (likely Democrats), but only 61 Hispanics (likely Republicans), as alleged felons."

Mr Carter said Florida Governor Jeb Bush - brother of the president - had "taken no steps to correct these departures from principles of fair and equal treatment or to prevent them in the future".

"It is unconscionable to perpetuate fraudulent or biased electoral practices in any nation," he added.

"With reforms unlikely at this late stage of the election, perhaps the only recourse will be to focus maximum public scrutiny on the suspicious process in Florida."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3693354.stm

Will somebody beat this useless fucktard senseless? It's sad that he sees NOTHING wrong with an election involving a known thug --- but the American system? Now THAT is a problem.

When he finally dies, I will happily, and on national television, go piss on his grave.

-=Mike

Yeah, but you're the type be the FIRST to cry, bitch, and moan about anybody having even a slightest thing to say negative about Reagan when he died.

I wish I had gone to his funeral to hump his coffin. In front of his kids, and his wife. On Fox News.

Piss on his grave? Get creative!

Guest GreatOne

Reagan, most of all, earned the respect, Carter didn't.

I like the Goering sig, duder. Now all you need is Stevey's old Bush=Hitler pic and you'll be set :D

I'm going to pop a squat on Carter's headstone then dig up his body, let a dog have have sex with the corpse, then burn it, piss on the ashes, and then pour the remains into a litter box for further desecration.

How's that for creative?

BTW, my reasonings for disliking Carter deal with the complete distruction of the US military and intelligence community (although the latter was heavily lead by Frank Church) as well as ineptitude on all levels.

Carter didn't know crap about being President and didn't appoint anyone who knew how to do their jobs... It got even worse when Carter decided to make Cy Vance into an ornament while he played Secretary Of State himself.

Carter's only positive accomplishment was the Camp David Accords, which ended up getting Anwar Sadat killed and resulted in an Egypt that is still distinctly unfriendly, although not hostile.

Carter's negative accomplishments are too long to fully list but include:

1. Boycotting the 1980 Olympics

2. Not supporting the Shah of Iran / supporting Khomeni's takeover (his people had spoken to Khomeni and were convinced he was "a spiritual man")

3. Giving the Panama Canal to Panama. (This was never giving them BACK anything... Panama's a country today because Teddy Roosevelt told them "If you rebel against Colombia, we'll support you as long as we get to build a canal across the isthmus)

4. The economy

This incompetent bastard was only elected because Gerald Ford stumbled his way into office due to Spiro Agnew and Richard Nixon's problems then pardoned Nixon for anything he may have done in office.

I'm wondering how different the world could be if Reagan had beaten Ford in the 1976 primary then run against Carter. Would Reaganomics have ended the bad economy before the end of the 70s? Would Iran still be somewhat friendly to the US? Would there have been no scandal to plague his presidency since the conditions of 1985-1986 wouldn't have arisen (Middle East hostage crises, Contras vs. Sandinistas, theocratic Iran)?

It's impossible to really judge how different things could be based on one change, but that one would probably have had a significant positive effect IMHO.

Guest MikeSC

-=Mike

Yeah, but you're the type be the FIRST to cry, bitch, and moan about anybody having even a slightest thing to say negative about Reagan when he died.

I wish I had gone to his funeral to hump his coffin. In front of his kids, and his wife. On Fox News.

Piss on his grave? Get creative!

When people mentioned Watergate when Nixon died, I hardly complained. He brought the criticism upon himself, no matter how he tried to clean up his image after the fact.

Carter is an anti-Semitic, anti-American, fucking moronic waste of skin and blood. He was the worst President we've had this century and has been nothing but a shit to every President who's followed, including Clinton. He was so obnoxious a jackass that his own party hated his fucking ass. He's Noam Chomsky without the faux intellectual cred.

And after seeing the she-beast he and his wife spawned, I wouldn't want to touch his family.

-=Mike

My statement was defending Carter exactly how? Maybe if you read what I posted you could see there was no golden light shined down on Carter in any way. Pay attention you unmitigated fucktard. Then again I'm just "bloviating". Its amusing to me that you assume that since I'm on the left it makes me a democrat by default. Typical of the sort of black and white thinking that is going to sink US even deeper into wrong no matter how good the intent.

Teke - I like your idea. Somehow (and I'm assuming) you are thinking I wouldn't take a liking to having a good haha funny at all our inept world leaders. Makes no difference to me what party they rep... I hold ALL of them responsible for the status quo both here and overseas.

Great One - On another board I have an avatar that morphs Bush into a monkey. Which outta piss the righty creationists right the fuck off.

The Nazi quote... if you don't get it... you never will. Irony kids! I better go find out where Perot left those pie graphs. Sigh.

Guest GreatOne
Great One - On another board I have an avatar that morphs Bush into a monkey. Which outta piss the righty creationists right the fuck off.

The Nazi quote... if you don't get it... you never will. Irony kids! I better go find out where Perot left those pie graphs. Sigh.

Um, I've seen every Bush-bashing av there is just about. So you're not coming up with something new.

And as far as the Goering quote, I just thought the Bush=Hitler pic that Stevey used for a while would drive it all the more home..................

Guest MikeSC

Isn't it odd that the ONLY people I see quoting Nazis on message boards --- are liberals?

-=Mike

Isn't it odd that the ONLY people I see quoting Nazis on message boards --- are liberals?

-=Mike

Well somebody has gotta show you rightys what you sound like. I figure the perceptive ones will put it together.

:spank:

Once someone uses the Nazi analogy, you know you've one. It's the last gasp of the uninventive.

I don't think Carter was a bad GUY, he just wasn't suited to be a president, and he's obviously the most touchy-feely, wussy president in recent history, and ever to my knowledge. Pretty much to the point that if he had won a second term, he probably would have given you a few square miles of American soil if you told him a decent sob story.