TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

Laguna Beach...

I am in a fight with my friend right now. She is claiming that Laguna Beach is a reality TV show, but you can TELL it is filmed like a TV show.

So, is it real or not?

The way they are promoting it, I'd say it's more reality than scripted. They hammered us over the head with "this isn't fiction, this is our LIFE" or something to that effect for the last month.

Is it possible they just shot a reality show on film instead of the typical video?

Guest Banders Kennany

I don't know. Maybe it's a trick to have the audience believe it's a true show but they'll bait and switch at the end like They usedf to do with Rich Girls.

I seriously, would say that I'm 100% sure that this show is scripted. There's no way I can prove that...so I'm not :P, but still, there's no way this it's reality tv. I mean come on, you were given a chance to have a tv show follow the life of you and your friends...that can happen, but now, are you really gonna get the show to also be centered around 'Your most hated enemy' which was what one of the girls was to the 'main character'. Or are you going to "outwardly say in front of the camera" when you're about to do something illegal? If it was a tape that you and your friends were making or something..probaly, but if it's something that will be on TV, you usually would keep hush about it.

I watched the show for a while...and it just didn't even seem...'real' to me.

Guest The Decadent Slacker

I've had it muted, so i can't tell. I mark for Laguna Beach as a place more than a show.

Guest TonyJaymzV1

Film would be way to expensive to do if it's a reality show, plus, the way they are promoting it as reality and yet, the way it is, it's fake.