TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UseTheSledgehammerUh

Mid-carder winning the Royal Rumble??

Taker will win the title most likely, setting up Taker/Angle. Angle will pick up the title. John Cena will most definitely win the Royal Rumble, and be the man to take on Angle for the title at WM XXI.

Id hate to see JBL lose the title, as I prefer JBL-TBS at SS04, JBL-UT-Angle (see below) at the RR & JBL-Eddie at NWO then UT-Angle. I see more variety with JBL. Randy doesnt need to win the RR. He bumps like a freak, cuts very good promos and I really like his ring work. Cena needs it more than anybody else. Forget about the US Title for petes sake!

I see HHH-Orton for World and JBL-Cena for WWE. UT and Angle could still wrestle in an ultimate submissions match, but screawing each other out of the WWE Title till before the RR. It makes sense, have Angle screw UT tonight, start to get a build from now, then at SS UT can face Reigns and Jindrak, whilst Angle faces Cena & wins to face JBL that month when Armageddon is on. Then UT can get back at Angle, setting up the 3 way dance. JBL would really look like losing it, until UT and Angle beat the crap out of each other.

I wouldn't mind seeing a surprise. Like if Charile Hass came in at #3, and was one of the last three people in the ring. Something like that. Take a young star, and make him the workhorse of the Rumble. Tease him winning it, and make the fans care about him, and when he finally does get elimnated he gets recognized for how long he lasted. The have the announcers sell how he surprised everyone, and build him up from there.

I wouldn't mind seeing a surprise. Like if Charile Hass came in at #3, and was one of the last three people in the ring. Something like that. Take a young star, and make him the workhorse of the Rumble. Tease him winning it, and make the fans care about him, and when he finally does get elimnated he gets recognized for how long he lasted. The have the announcers sell how he surprised everyone, and build him up from there.

That makes perfect sense. Make more than 1 star out of it. Could do it to someone from RAW too. I like that idea for Hass. Shame it will never ever happen.

Guest curry_man2002

Heres what i would personally like the rumble to be like in 2005

all year have both jbl/taker and orton/hhh feuds carry on now i know that many of you have said that they will lose steam but wwf used to do it in the old days and i think they could do it now.

my smackdown theory: have jbl retain the title against undertaker this sunday and every ppv from know until mania. this could be kept fresh by having gimmick matches and unique title matches see king of the ring 2000 main event for example.Then do NOT have a wwe title match at the rumble, and have undertaker dominate the rumble and win from say a cool unlucky number 13. Then finally have taker win the title from jbl at mania.

my raw theory: Do exactly the same NO title change idea for raw but instead of having orton win the rumble have his title match at mania be billed as the final encounter (ortons last shot) and have him win the title. this match should be the main event and im gunning for a evolution banned from ring side straight up one on one match.

Then finally have taker win the title from jbl at mania.

And whose going to get it off the undefeatable dead man then huh?

but instead of having orton win the rumble have his title match at mania be billed as the final encounter (ortons last shot) and have him win the title.

Very original, have never seen that before. Last title shot at the age of 24!!!

Guest curry_man2002

obviously its not really going to be the final encounter/shot but its wwe im thinking realistically.

Im thinking the undertaker has a long reign till summerslam where we have a six man hell in a cell, taker loses the title without being pinned therefore keeping the undertakers huge winning streak alive (im thinking maybe a second eddie reign here).

obviously its not really going to be the final encounter/shot but its wwe im thinking realistically.

If the WWE isn't thinking realistically, why should you? Thinking by WWE logic won't get anyone anywhere, and almost everything suggested in this post doesn't sound too good.

Im thinking the undertaker has a long reign till summerslam

That doesn't help anyone. Especially if he is undefeated. Because by now most fans think "Undertaker" and automatically think "well, he's gonna win" cause he hasn't lost since he was "buried".

where we have a six man hell in a cell, taker loses the title without being pinned therefore keeping the undertakers huge winning streak alive (im thinking maybe a second eddie reign here).

Again, why keep making the Undertaker look so good? He doesn't need the rub from an undefeated streak. Somebody else needs the rub for actually pinning him cleanly and soundly defeating him for the championship if he wore to have it. That is the ONLY way I would allow him to win it in the first place, is if he would be willing to put someone over BIG TIME when he loses it.

Sadly, and thinking realistically, I do not see that happening.

Again, why keep making the Undertaker look so good? He doesn't need the rub from an undefeated streak. Somebody else needs the rub for actually pinning him cleanly and soundly defeating him for the championship if he wore to have it. That is the ONLY way I would allow him to win it in the first place, is if he would be willing to put someone over BIG TIME when he loses it.

I cant see that happening either. I prefer my idea of JBL-TBS at Survivour Series 2004, JBL-Angle (since Armageddon is Dec PPV), JBL-UT-Angle (at RR, setting-up UT-Angle for WM), JBL-Eddie at NWO (hes one against a big man there once), Then JBL-Cena (RR Winner at WM). I like the idea of Hass getting an honourary mention, facing Booket T for the US strap at WM. That leaves the CW, Tag Titles and TBS, Eddie, RVD and Rey Rey unbooked.

RAW is a bit harder, although I would prefered Orton losing it to HHH at the RR, defending against Benoit and Kane and SS and Armageddon. Shelton could do well at the RR too, and face a turned Edge for the IC title at WM. Benoit could turn heel in frustration of failing to win the world title and the rumble, turning on Y2J since he sees him as the biggest threat to the World Title. Trish-Lita for the womans obviously. I dont see Christain-HBK lasting that long, but I would like to see that team face Batista & Flair for the Tag Straps.

Guest Tjhe CyNick

I agree with whoever said they will probably cut bait on Orton (assuming he continues to get worse pops than Ahmed Johnson) and go in another direction. Of course with RAW, I dont really see too many babyfaces who would work in that spot. This might sound crazy, but maybe they should use the angle they started on Monday, and eventually have Flair face HHH at Mania for the title. That might be more interesting. Flair is pissed at being looked at as a joke, and a lackey for HHH. Hey I'd love to see the promos for this one "You're not the greatest of all time, youre not even close!". As I type this and think about it, the more I can see getting into Flair-HHH over HHH-Orton.

On the SD side, I dont think it would be smart to put the title on Taker right now. There's nobody on the heel side for him to fued with between now and Mania. At the same time, I dont think it would be wise to keep the title on JBL until Mania, because he's just not good enough in the ring. I'd rather see JBL retain tonight, and then lose in a 3 way at SurvSer or maybe even in England next week (they could use something huge happening over there) to Angle. That way you can go with Angle against Eddie for the title say for Rumble, and then maybe Show for Armageddon or whatever. Point is, there are more oppenents for Kurt heading into Mania than there are for Taker.

If they really want to have Taker win the title another time, then they could have him go the traditional route of winning the Rumble and beating Kurt at Mania. Personally, I would rather see Cena do the same thing, and win the title, but I dont think they will go that way for whatever reason.

As for JBL, who I think can still be a viable upper level mid carder, what about JBL vs Hogan? You know Hogan is going to be at Mania (or at least I have a feeling that will happen), and I think JBL's gimmick is a good foil for Hogan. I know it would stink as a match, but it would be a helluva rub for JBL. I accept any and all criticism for suggesting that match.

Orton would be left without a big match, but they did tease something with him and Cena, maybe they will go at it in an interpromotional match. Along those same lines, I'd like to see Eddie vs HBK at Mania as well.

Flair is pissed at being looked at as a joke, and a lackey for HHH. Hey I'd love to see the promos for this one "You're not the greatest of all time, youre not even close!". As I type this and think about it, the more I can see getting into Flair-HHH over HHH-Orton.

Tha would be great, a good back-up plan, but can you see Flair actually winning because I dont see no point in it if he doesnt. The problem then is that Flair would only keeping it for a month to Backlash and then what are you going to do with him? A face flair would be without back-up, unless he reforms the 4 Horseman (with Benoit, Orton and Y2J) and goes against HHH, Batista, Edge & Christian (the New Evolution).

That way you can go with Angle against Eddie for the title say for Rumble, and then maybe Show for Armageddon or whatever.

I think you mean No Way Out :lol:

As for JBL, who I think can still be a viable upper level mid carder, what about JBL vs Hogan? You know Hogan is going to be at Mania (or at least I have a feeling that will happen), and I think JBL's gimmick is a good foil for Hogan. I know it would stink as a match, but it would be a helluva rub for JBL. I accept any and all criticism for suggesting that match.

I cant see JBL out of a title picture, being WWE, US or Tag with Jordan. It would be a good rub though, but JBL HAS to win.

Guest Tjhe CyNick

Yeah, Flair would kinda have to win, hey I'm down with one more day of glory for Naitch.

I believe the Armageddon show is a SD show this year, so thats what I was talking about. I think NWO is SD too though.

And yeah, I'd have JBL go over Hogan.

Guest Tjhe CyNick

Yeah thats what I thought, RAW has an extra show in January, the one they are doing from Puerto Rico.

There's a few ways I've looked at this, but it's still too far out to really say what a preferable RR outcome would be.

If Eddie loses to Luther at No Mercy, throw in an injury angle to give him a much needed break. Bring him back as a surprise entrant at the Rumble, where he eliminates Luther on the way to the win. If either Angle or JBL are holding the title then the story could pretty much write itself.

Have Orton and Batista as the last two in the Rumble, with some screwy Evolution interference handing the win to Batista. Next night on Raw, Vince McMahon comes out and orders a one-on-one match between Orton/Batista for the title shot, and bans all interference. Make it no-DQ, count out etc, so that Batista can really do a number on Orton and bust him open, but in the end he hits the RKO for the win.

My early preference for the Rumble is for the surprise winner. Have it be someone like Jericho, coming in at around number 10 and hanging on to win. Then build WM21 as Jericho chasing revenge for being dethroned at WM18.

Or go even more surprising and give the win to a solid mid-carder who has never tasted World Title glory before. Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin both have the in ring skills to headline WM, but not the recognition with the masses. A win here would be the perfect boost. Shelton could have a good build with the 'HHH has never beaten me' story, and if Kurt Angle was world champ then it shouldn't be too hard to build Haas/Angle.

When does Cena's movie come out? If it's getting a cinema release around that time then having him headline WM21 could be a big boost for both him and the movie. With his constant popularity (despite being mega-stale), a Royal Rumble win is not impossible for him at the moment, but unless it does tie in with the movie then I wouldn't give it to him.

Guest Tjhe CyNick

They are filming the movie as we speak, and I believe they said it will go into November. I can see them turning it out in time for Mania.

I'm pretty sure Angle will finally win a Royal Rumble (given his recent pulling backstage) supposingly he's not given the title running into WM because I don't see Undertaker winning the Rumble for whatever reason that's even if they decide to include him this time since he's the Phenom again.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

I don't like the prospect of Undertaker Vs Kurt Angle and Triple H Vs Randy Orton being the double main events for WrestleMania XXI. I don't believe Undertaker even needs a WM Main event run, and Randy Orton certaintly hasn't justified the reasoning for the spot. WMXX was a big draw but it wasn't because of the Hyped Main events, it was because of the appeal that WMXX had, being in WMXX and it was greatly helped by a marketing blitz.

WMXXI, will rely on the strength of the card and those two matches at the helm, won't draw whatsoever. So What do I propose? Take All four of those guys and take them OUT of the Main event slots.

Kurt Angle has main evented or headlined his respective brand the last two years and lost both of those matches, Has anyone done that with Three straight? No.

What does Kurt gain here by losing a third straight WM Main event and what does he gain by ending the WM streak? Nothing.

Randy Orton, despite the beliefs that WWE tries to shove at us, isn't getting over enough to justify a WM Main event slot, he's more suited for the mid-card with his current face character, or better yet, a upper-card position with his heel character, which he is more suited for anyways. Take him out, His character isn't going to pick up anymore steam.

So why take Triple H out of the Main event slot? Simply this, They can easily use him in another scenario and open a spot for another major match, If HHH believes in his own hype, He should be confident that he can sell a PPV like WMXXI without attaching his name to the title match.

So What do I do for the Main events?

First Off, Raw.

Chris Benoit © Vs Chris Jericho

I know that this will never happen but in 2003 at this time, we didn't think Benoit and Guerreo would close WMXX in MSG with the titles around their waists.

How do we set this match up? Simple, Chris Benoit takes the title from Triple H at some point at the end of the year, I assume the office has noticed the ratings have DROPPED since the title was taken off Benoit's hands. There is no question that Jericho, and not HBK or Orton is the top face in the company. So I do this, simply take the two best workers on the side of Raw and make that match, which we haven't seen in almost two years despite their long historic rivalry. The backstory is there, Lifelong rivals, close friends, both trained by Stu Hart.

What happens? Benoit wins the title and simply becomes sadistic, refuses to let go of the title now that he's got his second taste of it. Jericho, at some point drops the IC title to Christian or someone of the like. Jericho simply steps up as the natural #1 contender, kindly requests to his close friend a chance at the title, Benoit denies it. They do a tag team match and Benoit completely turns on his friend.

Establishing Benoit as a heel, something he's very underrated at. So what does tha do? Give us an fantastic match, opens another spot for Triple H to feed his ego.

So what does Triple H do if he's not in the main event? Who is Triple H's greatest rival? Shawn? No. Austin? Close. The answer is...THE ROCK.

An amazing rivalry dating back to 1997, with countless classic matches, and yet with this historic and intense rivlary...never a straight up ONE ON ONE match at the biggest stage of them all, WrestleMania.

Instead of wasting The Rock's one match a year appearence on a tag team match, and we know Rock putting someone over would mean nothing since HHH will take it back, so might as well give a final chapter to this historic feud and add another Marquee match. Don't Forget...WMXXI is in Hollywood, what better place for HHH to put the message across to The Rock that he is the "bigger star". I don't think the rock would care if he lays down, just wave that check and the pub for whatever his next movie is and he'll be down in a instant.

So what's going on Smackdown? Right now, despite what many refuse, JBL has been very good as the WWE Champion and quite frankly, He is a fresher character then the stale and boring act of Kurt Angle. So what does that mean? JBL should go into WMXXI...as the champion.

So who is the Challenger? Eddy Guerrero. That might seem like a suprise, considering he just curtain jerked the last ppv and his title run was a complete abortion, and it wasn't JBL's fault despit what many feel.

The problem is, I don't think Cena is QUITE there yet for Main eventing a WM.

Why Eddy?

I feel the JBL/Eddy angle never had closure, The setup is easy...Eddy gets the blowoff win over Kurt Angle at Survivor Series, make it a I Quit Match for effect. then at Armageddon (if that's SD) or a majorily hyped Smackdown, Have TBS vs Eddy in a #1 contendership match for the WWE Title, Eddy wins but is severely injured, thus loses his shot at the Royal Rumble title match, TBS gets it instead. However, Eddy against Doctor's orders enters the royal rumble, he enters at #21 and ends up winning the royal rumble.

The hype is simple, Eddy and JBL had a extensive blood feud and never had a concise finish.

So what happens to Angle and Undertaker?

Let's face it, Angle doesn't have much time left and with that in mind, there's ONE man on the WWE Roster whom Angle hasn't gone head to head with and is a match many fans are salivating for, HBK.

HBK Vs Kurt Angle at WM. how amazing does that sound? two legends facing each other for the first time at the biggest stage ever. It's not hard to set up either, just simply say that Angle is tired of the lack of talent on SD and chews out Long and calls him an incompent GM, meanwhile on Raw, HBK is growing tired of Bischoff's antics. HBK says he's beaten everyone on Raw and Angle claims the same with smackdown, so HBK/Angle is set up and they can find a inventive way to get those two together to hype it, have the cocky arrogant Angle walk into Raw shows and openly challenge Shawn on Raw's airtime, this pisses off Eric, so Shawn is told to distrupt Smackdown, basically it becomes that Shawn and Angle are Bischoff's and Long's representives for their brand.

What happens to Undertaker? We could set up another Undertaker Vs Monster Hoss match, but we've gotten our fair share of that. How about another interpromotional match, How about The Undertaker, an LEGEND. with a legendary streak taking on the...LEGEND KILLER.

It's a simple set-up, Undertaker is the ultimate WM Legend and Orton wants to put the literal nail in the coffin of yet another legend...and if WWE wants to, it's ultimate rub for Orton...I'd still put UT over.

So here is the proposed WMXXI Card with the additional Matches added

WWE Title Match

John Bradshaw Layfield © Vs Eddy Guerrero

World Title Match

Chris Benoit © Vs Chris Jericho

The Final Act

Triple H Vs The Rock

Respect Or Die

Randy Orton Vs Undertaker

ICON vs ICON

Kurt Angle Vs HBK

and throw in the other title matches as well and I think we got a better card there.

I kinda like the Shadow duders ideas...

Though, I think Orton should go over Taker in such a match since it might actually get him as over as the office thinks he is.

Unfortunately, this booking idea of Shadow's is far too thought out and interesting for wwe standards...