TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zyn081

Your favourite WWE PPVs.

Here's my WM 19 Snowflakes, didn't enjoy it very much:

- Rey vs Matt- * 1/2 Too short to be anything. Just spots.

- Taker vs A-Train/Show- * 1/2. Long bout with nothing embarassing, but just power/double-team stuff.

- SD Triple Threat Tag- ***. I agree. I think this match was kind of overlooked/underrated.

- Jericho vs Michaels- **** Very good, very very good.

- Booker vs HHH- ** So slow. Plodding. Decent ending until the Pedigree plus 1 minute stall finish.

- Hogan vs McMahon- **. Come on. Geriatrics. **? I give it that for nostalgia. Wasn't awful, but nowhere near the better "special attraction

efforts Vince did with Shane, Austin, etc.

- Austin vs Rock- ** 1/2. A shell of their former matches, due to injuries.

Brock vs Angle- ***. I agree.

No other WWE PPV has delivered as much solid wrestling as this one. Of course, the career-ending burials of Jericho and Booker kinda hurt it a bit.

I watched WM19 a week or two ago, so it's still fresh in my memory.

Rey vs Matt - *3/4, decent, but way quick. Really rushed, and they tried to do too much in the time given.

Diva Match - **, solid match, good effort by all three.

Taker vs Train/Show - *3/4, not as bad as it should have been. Not 'good' by any means, but not bad either.

Tag Title 3 Way - **, seemed like the first 6 minutes of a 25 minute match, then the last 2 added for the ending. Way rushed.

Jericho vs Shawn - ****, agreed. Really, really good match, outside of Shawn's spotty selling.

Triple H vs Booker - ***1/2, gets no credit, but it's really good. Booker's selling is outstanding, and there's just tons of little things that really add to it (like Booker hitting a spinning back elbow, rather than a sidekick because his knee has been destroyed). Ending's terrible.

Hogan vs McMahon - **3/4, fun match. Not good, but fun.

Austin vs Rock - ****, it seems like an epic. You really get the feeling that 'this is it' and that Rock has finally beaten Austin. I can't explain it. A fitting ending.

Angle vs Lesnar - ***1/2, don't get the hate (for all the Angle/Lesnar matches, to be honest). Really good match.

I think a lot of people don't consider where they were for the show, and just focus on ratings of matches. No doubt being in Safeco Field was fucking awesome compared to a regular 15,000 person arena...and it definately added a better feel for the show.

I think people give Angle/Lesnar a lot of crap because of the botched ending, but that didn't really hurt it much for me.

Rock/Austin was no Mania 17...perhaps even maybe no 15, but it was good and you did feel like it was it. Austin kicking out several times to several Rock Bottoms' had a lot to do with it.

SummerSlam 2002 and Vengeance 2003 have been the only worthwhile ones, really. Nothing else has even been solid, by my estimation.

I think a lot of people don't consider where they were for the show, and just focus on ratings of matches. No doubt being in Safeco Field was fucking awesome compared to a regular 15,000 person arena...and it definately added a better feel for the show.

I think people give Angle/Lesnar a lot of crap because of the botched ending, but that didn't really hurt it much for me.

Rock/Austin was no Mania 17...perhaps even maybe no 15, but it was good and you did feel like it was it. Austin kicking out several times to several Rock Bottoms' had a lot to do with it.

I thought the match told a good story, and you have to consider how much pain Austin must have been in during it.