TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Tino Standard

Covering the Survivor Series press conference

I'm covering the Survivor Series press conference on Monday for the my newspaper's entertainment section. Since Survivor Series has been held in Cleveland three times previously, we're working on a retrospective to run the weekend of the event next month.

Anybody been to one of these before? How many questions does the press actually get to ask?

Finally, anybody have any burning questions they're dying to have answered?

Guest The Shadow Behind You

Ask if they will grow a set of balls and bring the War Games gimmick in.

Usually the press can meet with the people in the press conference after it's over to ask more questions. I've seen clips from TSN after the Summerslam 2004 conference when Triple H, Vince, etc. met with the press afterwards.

It would be awesome if you could get a one on one with a WWE representive or something after the press conference...call up Titan Towers!

Guest Dynamite Kido
In regards to my Survivor Series retrospective idea, the email I received from a WWE rep today stated that any questions I have about that, "You can ask Vince."

Giddy up.

Good luck with that.................

"Who will Triple H select to bury? A fresh Edge or is he feeling like Jericho leftovers?"

Ask him this

"Does it piss you off that the "garbage stuntman" is more nationally known and has a better income and got out of the business injury free at the age of 38 while you sell your soul and integrity to be HHH's lapdog at age 54?"

Make Flair go nuts.

Ask him this

"Does it piss you off that the "garbage stuntman" is more nationally known and has a better income and got out of the business injury free at the age of 38 while you sell your soul and integrity to be HHH's lapdog at age 54?"

Make Flair go nuts.

At the age of 54, he could probably still kick my ass, so sadly, I think I'll refrain on that one. ;)

EDIT: Actually, I take that back... He'd probably let me get in a ton of offense first before giving me an eye gouge and a low blow when the ref (in this case, the PR rep.) wasn't looking.

Hold up a picture of HHH and he'll calm down and lay on the floor and suck his thumbs and whisper "daddy".

Guest Loss

I'd ask Flair what he thinks WWE would do if HHH and HBK passed away tomorrow? It'd be cool to actually watch him melt right before your eyes.

You should ask Ric Flair what he REALLY felt about the first Survivor Series and what it did to him as World Champion of the NWA? History buffs know why. I'd like to see the political response to that.

You should also ask Ric Flair what he thinks about his contemparies from the 80's not being with the wwe today and why he is still there. I would like to see the political response to that as well.

Hopefully, this would make him think what he is doing to his legacy when he goes to sleep at night.

You should ask Ric Flair what he REALLY felt about the first Survivor Series and what it did to him as World Champion of the NWA? History buffs know why. I'd like to see the political response to that.

You should also ask Ric Flair what he thinks about his contemparies from the 80's not being with the wwe today and why he is still there. I would like to see the political response to that as well.

Hopefully, this would make him think what he is doing to his legacy when he goes to sleep at night.

Actually, that's the whole reason I wanted Flair first. I talked with my editor and explained that while it's a cool angle to talk about how this is unofficially Cleveland's event, the whole thing was basically created to screw over the NWA. Flair was their top dog. That's a golden story if he's willing to talk.

And MillenniumMan, I write for the News-Herald in Willoughby.

Guest theanswer1824

ask ric flair if we can get one more title run out of him WITHOUT jobbing the title back to HHH.

Ask Flair who he thinks is the best up-and-comer on Raw. Also ask if he pays any attention to Smackdown, the indies, or Japanese wrestling.

If you ask dumb shit like "how does it feel to be HHH's lapdog" or "WWE sucks LOL" the interview will be over pretty quickly.

Guest The Decadent Slacker

Why did he avoid Bruno at RAW a couple months ago?

Why did it take so long to tell his story (IE the book)?

Will their be a volume 2 of his DVD set?

Who wears short shorts?

Who's the most overrated WWE superstar in his opinion?

Underrated?

Something about virgin poppage.

Is Batista as much of a pimp as he is on TV?

Does he know Gene Snitski?

Serious Question:

What was it like standing in Panama City Beach 3 years ago and claiming to the world that WCW wasn't going to die like that, only to come into the WWE months later and see that it, in fact, had died just like that?

Not-so-serious question:

I want to be a wrestler, should I stomp my foot BEFORE I fake punch the guy, or right when I fake punch the guy? Oh, and have you ever met the Stunt Granny? Is she a face or a heel?

Guest Banders Kennany

If you're going to ask Flair questions, ask him some fluff ones to soften the blow of ones like the one about the first Survivor Series. Stuff like why he got started in the business, etc. If you ask to many "insider" questions at the get-go he might be turned off and the interview will over like splat.

Ask him about whether it's true Vince was pissed at him and yelling at him for the virgin killers promo. It's recent enough that he wouldn't think you're trying to dig up dirt on him or something like that, and it'd also be interested to hear from his own mouth.

Sure, I am... Well, sorta anyway.

I've got a pretty good idea of the story I'm going to do. Now, it's just a matter of getting Flair and the other guys to open up a little bit on the subject.