TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jericholic82

CLASSIC WRESTLING DVD SET

Yep, today I was at the wal, when I went to the dvd section to pick up the Eddie Guerrero dvd. I also checked the bargain bin to see what was up. I found the new(well rerelease) of best of wrestlemaina 1-9 dvd (and whats up with editing the wwf block logo on the cover I thought they could still use that?) I didn't buy it(why would I? I have all the wms on tape already and already also have the best of wm 1-14 vhs) but I did get a classic wrestling two dvd set. It has two dvds in their own boxes (contained within a cardboard cover thingy)

Superstars of Yesteryear feat Curt Henning,Nick Bockwinkle,Lawler,and other mostly awa footage

Best of Booker T the early years, feat a collection of singles and 1 tag match with stevie ray apparantly all from his GWF days

The sound is mono on both and not too great audio and video for the older stuff especially, but not bad for $5.50 right?

I'll check back in when I finish watching them, but right now I'm off to watch the yanks and sox .

Later

I got that. It looks like some public-access show where AWA footage goes to die. When you don't even get the ending to one of the matches, you know it's bad. I don't think it's even worth $5.50.

No. It's a lot of that USWA-era footage that finds its way onto various cheapy releases. I've actually gotten a bunch of them, and they're nothing special, save for the odd match.

A real bargain at Wal-Mart is that they're carrying the Wrestling Gold five disc set for like $15 now (was formerly around $50).

yea I watched the classic superstars disc and it does indded suck, the best match has the ending cut off and the sound is horrendous, havent watched the booker t one yet

yep it aint worth 5.50 but hey its always a hit or miss with cheap videos

man i wish I had found the wrestling gold set

Guest M. Harry Smilac

The booker one is better just for the fact you get to see an early motivated booker.