TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Edwin MacPhisto

Initial BCS standings released

Hey this has turned into a "my conferene is better than your conference debate." I'm SHOCKED!

Anyways only thing I'll say is how many bowl teams a conference has doesn't mean much since they are pre-determined. Conference USA has six bowl bids this year.

Guest MikeSC
Well I don't think they have been really. I think they just get beat down by a team that is just obviously better than them and is generally better than most if not all of the country.

They only PLAY one good team a year and get their asses handed to them when they do.

A more overrated team does not exist.

-=Mike

Guest Salacious Crumb
Well I don't think they have been really. I think they just get beat down by a team that is just obviously better than them and is generally better than most if not all of the country.

They only PLAY one good team a year and get their asses handed to them when they do.

A more overrated team does not exist.

-=Mike

BYU from several seasons ago and the Nebraska team that went to the National Title game over Colorado and Oregon are the only teams that come to mind.

And Notre Dame every year. Voters look for any reason to throw them into the top 25.

Well Texas can't really help it that they play OU.....the Big XII can't really help it. The only team to consistently be able to take OU on is OSU.

And on top of that Texas does play OSU every year and wins every year.

And OSU last year was a good team.

Guest GreatOne

I'm shocked that anybody mentioned WSU and pounding somebody in the same sentence.

If this is last year with the defense from hell, the 97 or 02 teams, sure. This one, not on your life. I have better faith in Koren Robinson catching 10 passes in a row.

In other news, Pitt can still win the Big East and go to a BCS boll :)

You're typo monster in the last 30 minutes. Ha ha!

Whoever the Big East sends to the BCS is going to get ripped. Yuck. And:

Notre Dame has one of the hardest schedules in the country every year, that's why they can get into the Top 25 easier than other teams.

That's correct. And they're what now, 5-2? Wins over Michigan, Stanford, Navy - not bad at all. Floating in the last few spots of the poll is fine by me with that sort of setup.

Guest GreatOne

And they also fulfilled my prediction I made LAST year by assraping UW, so they're just fine with me :D

Well Texas can't really help it that they play OU.....the Big XII can't really help it.

They could try scheduling some decent teams in their nonconference schedule. North Texas, Rice and Arkansas sure isn't a murderer's row.

Guest GreatOne

I believe Ohio State's on the schedule next year.

They did have Virginia a few years back, and Arkansas did beat them last year...............

I'm shocked that anybody mentioned WSU and pounding somebody in the same sentence.

If this is last year with the defense from hell, the 97 or 02 teams, sure. This one, not on your life. I have better faith in Koren Robinson catching 10 passes in a row.

Defense from hell in 02? That defense that let OU with that piece of trash Nate Hybl as QB put 34 up against them in the Rose Bowl? ;)

Guest GreatOne

Did I say defense from hell in 02, Oklahomer?

Re-read:

If this is last year with the defense from hell, the 97 or 02 teams,

(separate fucking statements)

sure. This one, not on your life. I have better faith in Koren Robinson catching 10 passes in a row.

I don't troll anyone. I support my team. I cheer for my team.

I go into a thread and say that I don't agree with Iggy's rankings. You go into that thread and bring up OU when I said NOTHING about them. Then when I try to explain what I said had nothing to do with OU you tell me that you're trying to get me into my "midseason form". Basically telling me that you want me to start yelling and causing trouble. That's trolling.

I have never followed you into a thread and tried to incite you. You however enter college FB threads and call me names and try to get me to fly off the handle.

So yes you are trolling and I am not.

Guest GreatOne

If by supporting and cheering your team you mean going into AngleSault mode then I suppose you're right.................

A couple things. First, as some who goes to WSU, don't use them as an example of anything representative of a good team. They're probably about 8th in the Pac-10 this year, and could easily go 4-7. The only plus is that a healthy Brink is a little bit better at QB than the gimpy Josh Swogger we've had limping around for the last few weeks, and Swogger's now officially out for the season.

Now, as for the Big XII, they're still terrible. Not one team in the whole conference has a non-conference win over a team with a vote in the last coaches poll, but a couple of the "good" teams still found time to lose to Troy and New Mexico of all teams. The conference is a fraud, and if a team like Miami or Auburn did manage to go undefeated through an entire difficult conference slate, they probably would deserve to go to the Orange Bowl over OU.

The only team to consistently be able to take OU on is OSU.

Ahem

Anyways, I think this has gotten way off topic. The subject here shouldn't "Which conference roolz/suxs" but rather that we can all hopefully agree that the BCS blows a fat one

Now, as for the Big XII, they're still terrible. Not one team in the whole conference has a non-conference win over a team with a vote in the last coaches poll, but a couple of the "good" teams still found time to lose to Troy and New Mexico of all teams. The conference is a fraud, and if a team like Miami or Auburn did manage to go undefeated through an entire difficult conference slate, they probably would deserve to go to the Orange Bowl over OU.

First off, those games are scheduled far in advance. How are they suppose to know whos on the coaches poll when those games are made? Not their fault. Besides, look at Miami; Houston, Georgia Tech, Lousania Tech, Clemson... Miami doesn't exactly play all top 25 teams either.

Secondly, the last time OU was at the Orange Bowl they played a team in that "entirely difficult" conferance slate and it was a blow out of Florida.

Guest GreatOne

Um when knocking Miami's OOC schedule prob not a good idea to use two CONFERENCE teams...................

as some who goes to WSU, don't use them as an example of anything representative of a good team. They're probably about 8th in the Pac-10 this year, and could easily go 4-7.

I've never experienced in my lifetime an Apple Cup where BOTH Wazzu and UW were crap.......until this year.

Guest Salacious Crumb
A couple things. First, as some who goes to WSU, don't use them as an example of anything representative of a good team. They're probably about 8th in the Pac-10 this year, and could easily go 4-7. The only plus is that a healthy Brink is a little bit better at QB than the gimpy Josh Swogger we've had limping around for the last few weeks, and Swogger's now officially out for the season.

I wasn't trying to say they were good. I was saying I would take them over a lot of the teams in the Big XII right now. That's how bad half of the teams are right now.

First off, those games are scheduled far in advance. How are they suppose to know whos on the coaches poll when those games are made? Not their fault. Besides, look at Miami; Houston, Georgia Tech, Lousania Tech, Clemson... Miami doesn't exactly play all top 25 teams either.

Clemson and Georgia Tech are confernece teams and Louisville was a top 25 team.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

If Auburn especially goes undefeated, they deserve to play for the championship. They'd have beaten LSU, Tennessee, and Georgia all in the same season, not to mention an otherwise good conference. Oklahoma can't say that.

It shouldn't matter about "when the schedules were made" or some extraneous factor like that. If Team A plays and beats better teams than Team B in the year 2004, they're more deserving of playing for the championship that year.

Until they make a playoff, the setup will suck. Period.

Don't want to lose ad dollars? Make the last 7 games or whatever the bowls, with the championship bowl rotating like it does.

Guest bigm350

I think Michigan is underrated. If they beat Purdue, which they should, they should crack the top 10. IMO, Michigan should already be in the Top 10, not 13 in both polls.