TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Longdogger_Pete

Trivia thread!

Guest Longdogger_Pete

Z, Silent was a JL commissioner at one time also.  It didn't last very long, thankfully.

And isn't the word "Cyclotron" in the name of that Pepsi MAX machine somewhere?

I'm starting a personal trivia thing. Some you can guess and get right so don't get too cocky...

1. What's Cutthroat's favorite ice cream flavor?

a)Vanilla

b)Chocolate

c)Strawberry

d)Coconut

2. What's Cutthroat's pastime?

a)Snowboarding

b)Gymnastics

c)Sakteboarding

d)Tennis

3. What's Cutthroat's Game System?

a)X-Box

b)Game Cube

c)PS2

d)Dreamcast

4. Who's Cutthroat's favorite SJL super star?

a)Ced Ordonez

b)"The Superior One" Tom Flesher

c)Cutthroat

d)Z

Guest Longdogger_Pete

LDP SET #2 ANSWERS

Renegade rocked on most of these.  Anyway, here we go.

#1. Lightning Flik won the eight-man Newbie Battle Royal at Code Red.  Shockingly, I don't think special enforcer Hville Thugg was even used in the match.  Renegade got this one.

#2. The only JLer in the above match that's still around is Matt Myers, better known today as Poisyn.  Z got this one first.

#3. The only one in the Code Red battle royal to be bumped was Erek Taylor.  (Sorry, folks, Stryke wasn't in the match.)  Nobody got this one.

#4. The Impact Players were Holocaust and "Impact Kid" Scott Cade.  Renegade got this one.

#5. Jeremy Miller's first character was former EUS champ Snow Demon.  Points to Renegade again.

#6. Anthony Brown was played by Perfect Bo.  Score for Renegade.

#7. Anthony Brown did indeed defeat Iceman in a table match to win the JL's Television title for what would be a two-day reign.  Renegade again with the right answer.

#8. The "Thousand-Word Wonder" was Jang.  He was so named because his first few matches were all under a thousand words, all wins, and all by default, and he was moving scarily high up in the JL World title's #1 contender tournament (held after Thugg won the belt) until I finally shut him down, in, fittingly, a thousand-word match.  Renegade again with the right answer.

#9. Grimedogg is correct.  The Commishdogg regained IGNJL commissionership from Mistress Sarah and bought out the IGNML to merge the leagues in mid-2001.  Renegade again got it.

#10. Munich's bar room brawl was a classic match and one of his best; I'm surprised nobody got this.  In one of many defenses (Munich eventually retired the EUS belt) Munich held onto the title in a bar room brawl against D-Devil.

SUPER BONUS QUESTION

This morning's breakfast, as mine usually do, consisted of two cinnamon raisin bagels and two Mountain Dew Big Gulps.  Hey, I have to get up for work at 3:30 in the morning.  I need to wake myself up and get rolling pretty quickly.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

And who was D-Devil really, eh?

And Munich, you can't answer this one!

And actually, Cade and Holocaust were the Pressure Players, not Impact.  But, you know, thingy that imparts force...it's all good.

Guest Chuck Woolery

D-Devil was really Ted Flink.

-Mike Van Siclen

He's really really special.

Guest chirs3

WRONG! Wilson's Meat Parade it was not!

And yes, Hammer was the fourth XF9'er.

And yes, it was the Pepsi MAXimorphing Cyclone Comet Mobile!

I've still got a few unanswered...

2. Who broke the King of Hearts' leg in the ML World Title Tournament?

4. Who were all the permanent members of the WrestleCenter Roundtables?

6. Wilson's stable never had an official name. What did the Carnival refer to them as?

Let's go, people!

Guest midnight_burn

"4. Who were all the permanent members of the WrestleCenter Roundtables?"

Vlad, Magnifico, Neilsen, and either King or Thugg i think, not entirely sure.

"6. Wilson's stable never had an official name. What did the Carnival refer to them as?"

I'll guess the Meat Festival.

Guest HVilleThugg

And Stryke wins the grand prize.  MC refered to the stable of Wilson/Spider/THugg as Wilson's Meat Festival, which later merged with the corporate big wigs to become the IGNWO.  MC's name for us eventually stuck because we couldn't come up with a name, so we will forever be remembered in the bowels of this fed as Wilson's Meat Festival.

Since I just got here, I don't remember the questions that were asked.  And I'm too damn lazy to look back, but I've got a few of my own.

THUGG'S QUESTIONS OF DOOM!

1) When the HVille Thugg debuted in the JL, he began a bizarre campaign with another wrestler.  It was a relationship that started off with Thugg accepting money from this wrestler in exchange for taking Xstasy out.  Later, Thugg became enraged at this wrestler, and the 2 ended up fighting in and out of the ring, and Thugg went face, joining his best friend Xstasy.  Who was the wrestler referred to above, and what was the name of his stable at the time?

2) Ages ago, in the JL, there was a stable known as EoD, End Of Days.  Who were the members of this stable, and which of those members (if any) are currently active in the JL or WF today?

3) There is an active wrestler in the JL today that claims to know so much because he's a lurker.  Who in the fuck is Z really?!?

4) The HVille Thugg received his bump to the WF and appeared on some PPV (Crossfire, I think).  He was not booked at that PPV, and interfered on behalf of Chris Wilson.  Who did the HVille Thugg injure (forever) with his interference during that match?

5) Despite the above match, HVT was still part of the JL, and fought for the JL world title on his last JL show.  During that show, HVT received a letter officially stating his bump.  What WF superstar delivered that letter, and who were the participants of that final match?

6) Earlier in this thread, someone asked what were the names of all the stables.  No one...not even the question's originator, mentioned the stable known as "The Prodigal".  Who was the leader of that stable, and who were the members?

7) And finally, where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?

Da "trivia bot" H

Guest midnight_burn

Thugg's Q's:

"6) Earlier in this thread, someone asked what were the names of all the stables.  No one...not even the question's originator, mentioned the stable known as "The Prodigal".  Who was the leader of that stable, and who were the members?"

I think the leader was Mercury, and the other members were X and Outcast.

Guest HVilleThugg

COrrect on the members, but wrong on the leader.

Da "on the ball" H

Guest chirs3

Wilson's Meat Festival it is!

7) And finally, where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?

--> Last I played, it was Rome.

Guest Beingz0wningj00

2) Ages ago, in the JL, there was a stable known as EoD, End Of Days.  Who were the members of this stable, and which of those members (if any) are currently active in the JL or WF today?

Payne, Sarah and Trash? Probably wrong...

3) There is an active wrestler in the JL today that claims to know so much because he's a lurker.  Who in the fuck is Z really?!?

Z is actually a youngster known as Grunge.

4) The HVille Thugg received his bump to the WF and appeared on some PPV (Crossfire, I think).  He was not booked at that PPV, and interfered on behalf of Chris Wilson.  Who did the HVille Thugg injure (forever) with his interference during that match?

My main boy Divefire, although he did return in some matches. So he wasn't gone forever. ;)

5) Despite the above match, HVT was still part of the JL, and fought for the JL world title on his last JL show.  During that show, HVT received a letter officially stating his bump.  What WF superstar delivered that letter, and who were the participants of that final match?

SoS, HVT, Sarah and Thoth were in the match... I think.

6) Earlier in this thread, someone asked what were the names of all the stables.  No one...not even the question's originator, mentioned the stable known as "The Prodigal".  Who was the leader of that stable, and who were the members?

I think Outcast and X were co leaders, where Mercury joined shortly after. Or X was the leader. Blarg.

Guest BA_Baracus

PROMO (Stubby P. McWeed);

"All these questions and not one about the shining career of the greatest ever IGNWF/SWF superstar and commish, Stubby P. McWeed?

Pffft...you're all jobbed for eternity.

Mothernature says, what a travesty!"

Guest AnnieEclectic

Well, that's because someone has to remember trivia about Stubby in order to ask questions. Woah! Annie with the diss!

Now Stubby's probably going to job me for life now.

....wait, I'm ALREADY a jobber!

Wooo! ....uh....yeah.

Annie's Very Very Late answers:

1) Mafia, sorry bro, but yes, you were eliminated first, by Low Brass, and you got it right.

2) Mafia remembered that I didn't want to clutter the JL Promo thread, so I made my own thread, a JL No-No back in the days of only one board. Whoops. Considering I think there were only two other JL promos during the break, it didn't really matter.

3) A lot of people remembered America's Sweethearts, but Stryke grabs the tie-breaker bonux by remembering how many times Annie and Sydney actually tagged. Zero. Sydney Sky was inactive the entire run of America's Sweethearts.

4) Stryke also nabbed the first appearance of "Lady Red", during a TV Title hardcore match against Jack the Ripper. I beat him mercilessly, snoogans :D

5) In a way, I'm really glad no one answered this, because then I would think someone was stalking me. I'm not sure if I even remember all of them, so I'm going to cheat. In order:

1- Bob the Snob

2- Dust Bunny / Joey 'Crazy Ninja' Chan (pre Fat Panda days)

3- FlexXx / Jack the Ripper

4- Matt Myers (for the TV Title)

5- Matt Myers / Mafia

6- Jack the Ripper (Hardcore TV Title defense, appearance of 'Lady Red' character)

7- FlexXx (wow, I *did* fight him twice)

8- Sydney Sky (the infamous Egg Nog - Annie wins a date match. Scantily clad women covered in Egg nog. Mmmmm!)

9- Venom (Sydney Sky commentating)

10- Mafia / Low Brass / Stryke / Insane Luchadore / Erek Taylor

whew. Looked them all up. 'cause I suck.

Annie's non-egotistical question set #2!!!

1) Kojack, an up and coming JLer had his first match against.... who? Bonus: Why did Edwin love booking this match?

2) On December 15th, a Tag Stables Title match occurred between the team of Destruction (Insane Luchador / FlexXx) and a team from XF9. One tag member was Ash Ketchum, who was the other?

3) (easy) What was The Boston Strangler's nickname?

4) How many members of 'Havoc' held the JL World Title at any point in their career?

5) (this answers one of Renegade's Questions) When Renegade put Annie Eclectic in the hospital with a steel chair (bastard!), who came to visit her, convincing the Angel to belive that "More people should be like ___, he's so nice!"

I know, that last one had me in it. I floundered.

-Annie

Guest Renegade

Annie's non-egotistical question set #2!!!

1) Kojack, an up and coming JLer had his first match against.... who? Bonus: Why did Edwin love booking this match?

uh....uh......damn i dunno

2) On December 15th, a Tag Stables Title match occurred between the team of Destruction (Insane Luchador / FlexXx) and a team from XF9. One tag member was Ash Ketchum, who was the other?

Are you sure it was IL/Flexxx? I dont recall them in a 2 on 2 tag match.

Superstation!

4) How many members of 'Havoc' held the JL World Title at any point in their career?

Renegade, Annie/Red, Stryke

5) (this answers one of Renegade's Questions) When Renegade put Annie Eclectic in the hospital with a steel chair (bastard!, who came to visit her, convincing the Angel to belive that "More people should be like ___, he's so nice!"

It was actually a shot into a steel ring and a repititon of brass knucks to the head.

P.S do you have that promo Annie? i dont remember that....

Guest HVilleThugg

Payne, Sarah and Trash? Probably wrong...

Z is actually a youngster known as Grunge.

My main boy Divefire, although he did return in some matches. So he wasn't gone forever.

SoS, HVT, Sarah and Thoth were in the match... I think.

I think Outcast and X were co leaders, where Mercury joined shortly after. Or X was the leader. Blarg.

Sorry JD, you didn't do that well.

2) Sarah was never a part of End of Days.  Honestly, I can't even really remember who they all were, but I'm sure someone does....I do know that Sarah was never a part of that group

3) Is Z really Grunge???

4) Correct!  It was the infamous Divefire

5) You got 3 out of 4 on that one JD.  Thoth hasn't there as the leagues hadn't moved yet.  And still no one knows who gave the bump letter to HVT.

6) Eventually, you're correct on this one.

-----

Sorry Stubby, but I wasn't around for your career.  By the time I got here, you had already been injured, and the only thing I remember about your career was when you came back for the Genesis II PPV, and you beat me and Vincetti in a handicap match.

Da "not a history buff" H

Guest Grand Slam

I'm going to go way back and try for an answer for:

Who were the members of FTW?

NTD

The Great JD

Xero

Daemon

"Grand Slam" Mark Stevens

Now, here are a couple of questions from me.

Grand Slam's Questions:

1. Who were the members of Anarchy in the JL?

2. The Midnight Carnival are undefeated Stables Title Champions.  Name their opponent in the Stables Title Retirement Match.

3. What is the name of Grand Slam's son?  (Bonus: What does Lynn Stevens do for a living?)  

4. What training school did Grand Slam and Suicide King both attend?

5. Three people have tunred full-fledged heel on Grand Slam in a SWF match.  Name them.

6. Way back in the JL, Grand Slam won the European Title.  What did he rename it to and what were the stipulations concerning the defense of said title?

Guest Ash Ketchum

Annie Eclectic? ^_^;;;;;

Easy, because both times, I've won the title. It was supposed to be a PokeBall, but ended up being none other than Misty.

BONUS: What is Misty's JL record? ^_^YOU'LL NEVER GUESS!!!

SUUPERSTATION!!!

K-Os, Renegade, Stryke, Annie/Lady Red

5) (this answers one of Renegade's Questions) When Renegade put Annie Eclectic in the hospital with a steel chair (bastard!, who came to visit her, convincing the Angel to belive that "More people should be like ___, he's so nice!"

Ash. :D :P ;)

Guest Ash Ketchum
3. What is the name of Grand Slam's son?  (Bonus: What does Lynn Stevens do for a living?)

Christpoher Edward Stevens, isn;t it?

Or is it Christopher Edwin Stevens?

One of those two... ^_^

Guest redbaron51

Mark you are still missing to more members.

anywho anarchy consits of Suicide, Grand Slam, Bo, and Grunge

Guest chirs3

Mark: The Retirement match of the Stable Titles was against The Pack, wasn't it?

Guest realitycheck

Yo, just a quick answer on one of your questions, Thugg.

"5) Despite the above match, HVT was still part of the JL, and fought for the JL world title on his last JL show.  During that show, HVT received a letter officially stating his bump.  What WF superstar delivered that letter, and who were the participants of that final match?"

Ironically, that match was also on the last Wrath. Anyway, the particapants were Srah, Thugg, Sos and Trash. Perfect Bo delivered the letter. And the promo was actually on THE PROMO THREAD, you big yutz. Thugg, does anyone you feud with not have some kind of intricate history with you?

And also, I am not Grunge. As a matter of fact, I'm not any of the retirees. As it turns out, I'm actually a big central computer system kept in a deep undergraound lair in Ottawa, Ontario. I'm a sentient used by the evil Canadian govenment. My prime directive is to slash my way into other nations computer data banks, divert much money into the Primeminster's bank account, rig the next ten elections, make Ralph Kline sound sober, and dicover the Caramilk secret so the country may benifit.

But that still dosen't make me Grunge.

-Z

But if you need to imagine me as a ringer, how about Madrac?

Guest redbaron51

1) Who did I face in my first match as Xero.

(i)Angelous(/i)

2) Name all the members in FTW.

(i)NTD, JD, Xero, Iceman, Daemon, Grand Slam Mark Stevens(/i)

3) Who was my secret love during the JL days? (from promo's)

(i)Tabitha(/i)

4) Name all of the world title matches I have faced in.

(i) Spider Nekura, Kamien Roja, Erek Taylor(/i)

5) I was tag team champion twice, who were my partners on both ocassions?

(i) Cyclone Comet, JD, Brimestone(/i)

6) My main rival was...

(i)Iceman(/i)

Guest HVilleThugg

Good research there Grunge.  And that was the final show before the ML/JL merge.  I jobbed the title to SoS in that match, but he was stripped 3 days later and the belt put up in a tourney.

Anyway, it's nice you have you back Grunge :)

Da "sherlock holmes detective type" H

Guest chirs3

Raynor's Splenderiffic Question Set #2

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

1) For the very last Minor League show, the Midnight Carnival members were involved in some matches. Name the matches, who won, and how. (or more specifically, "why" in my case) Bonus points if you can name the cameraman from my match. (and it wasn't Gus)

2) In the "Carnival in Toyland" promo, who/what were Thugg and Reece disguised as?

3) For a very short time, there was an "IGNWF Sitcom" thread. Anyone even vaguely remember what went on?

4) Who were all the permanent members of the WrestleCenter Roundtables? (still unanswered)

5) What was Czar Galatea's full title? (you win a billion dollars for this, because even I don't remember it)

6) How many defenses, successful or not, have there been of the Stable Titles? Bonus: Name the matches.

Guest Beingz0wningj00

Who were the members of FTW?

NTD

The Great JD

Xero

Daemon

"Grand Slam" Mark Stevens

Iceman

Suicide

Funyon

Curry

Noka something or another?

Grand Slam's Set:

1. Who were the members of Anarchy in the JL?

Perfect Bo, Grunge, Mark Stevens, and slightly later, Suicide.

2. The Midnight Carnival are undefeated Stables Title Champions.  Name their opponent in the Stables Title Retirement Match.

IGNWO

I know it's two Carnies. Chris Edward I think. Lynn pulls her back often, secretly sleeping with the Suicide King. :)

4. What training school did Grand Slam and Suicide King both attend?

Shawn Michaels Wrestling Academy?

5. Three people have turned full-fledged heel on Grand Slam in a SWF match.  Name them.

King, Sarah and Stubby.

6. Way back in the JL, Grand Slam won the European Title.  What did he rename it to and what were the stipulations concerning the defense of said title?

Anarchy Title, and whoever held it got to choose the stip that they have to lose it in.

Bonus: How was Jay Dawg involved in the match where Stevens won that title. ;)

Guest Longdogger_Pete

Here's my guess on the End of Days question..

Payne, Shadow, Snow Demon, Trash, Triple E?  And I think Sarah *was* End of Days briefly before joining the Alliance.  Or was it ADD?

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Was it either?  I remember a short-lived burst of the stable Manic Thunder, which was, I think, Sarah, Big Danny (oh Danny, where have you gone?  You were so cool...), and...Payne?  Hazy memory.

Guest HVilleThugg

Yeah, you got it right LDP.  

No, Sarah wasn't in EoD.  MacPhisto is right there, she started in the group Manic Thunder with Payne and Big Danny...

I'm not sure about Payne in EoD...wasn't he in ADD?

Da H "to the izzo"

Guest Chuck Woolery

Payne was in both EoD and ADD... he switched over to ADD from EoD, causing Snow Demon to turn his back on ADD for EoD.  Damn, I'm good.

And Manic Thunder was Des Stroier, Mistress Sarah, Payne, and Danny... kinda got destroyed when Sarah ditched for the Alliance though.

-Mike Van Siclen.

He's somewhat smart.