TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jimmy no nose

Another WR traded at the deadline

Guest GreatOne

Since WHEN do we have ANY activity at the trade deadline in the NFL?

Whoa

Though I was reading a piece in Sporting News a couple years ago that said they wanted to see more trades, well I guess between the offseason (Portis, TO) and now (Rice, McCardell) they got their wish.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Wow, Denver can't be happy about that as Brees now has LT, Gates, Caldwell and McCardell as good targets.

Maybe the Chargers will actually make the playoffs this year.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Yeah the price was pretty high but they do have all those extra picks that the Giants gave them. They have 2 first rounders.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Facing Oakland and Kansas City twice and facing Tampa Bay could make a playoff team out of one that has 3 wins right now.

They still have no offensive line and no defense. One over the hill WR does not a playoff team make.

You're right, last year they didn't have a good offensive line or defense, but that was last year. Their Offensive line is much improved and they have a good rush defense. In one day the Chargers have added Keenan McCardell and Bobby Shaw. This move proves that the Chargers think they can make a run at the postseason. What their chances are, I don't know. But I do know that McCardell is the best reciever the chargers have had since Tony Martin.

Guest Vitamin X

San Diego has the #2 run defense in the league. Pass defense doesn't mean shit when you have an offense that has a surprising pass attack (having McCardell could only help but let's see if the holdout will affect him or not) and of course LaDainian Tomlinson keeping the ball away from the other team. I could definitely see them making the playoffs with the way they've been playing.

Keenan and Bobby Shaw are still over the hill recievers who will add little in terms of gamebreaking ability to this team.

They weren't a playoff team before these aquisitions. They're still not a playoff team.

Pass defense doesn't mean shit when you have an offense that has a surprising pass attack

:huh:

See: Pittsburgh, 2003, et al

Guest Vitamin X

You missed the second part of that. A great offense, so long as they can also control the clock (having an awesome run defense helps as well) can well mask the deficiencies of having a bad secondary considering that they get less chances with the ball.

And now that you see Pittsburgh has a good running game, things have changed, haven't they?