TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shooting Star

WWE in Puerto Rico?

I heard that the WWE will do some sort of house show in puerto rico on January 9th....is this true? I live in Dominican Republic just 30 minutes away from Puerto Rico and it would just be a dream come true to go to a wrestling show even if it means risking my own life since everytime i've been to puerto rico to a concert or anything in the Roberto Clemente a riot breaks out but if this is true then it is my destiny to be there!!! so is this true?got any info?

It'll be a Raw PPV. Which makes perfect sense, considering that Smackdown has the former Puerto Rican superstar.

They don't like Carly in P.R anyways ....it's all about Rey Gonzalez!

It would still have made more sense to have the brand with Colon in it have the PR PPV.

It'll be a Raw PPV. Which makes perfect sense, considering that Smackdown has the former Puerto Rican superstar.

It would still have made more sense to have the brand with Colon in it have the PR PPV.

Yea that would have been logic.....maybe he'll make a guest apperance or something

Not when he is a heel. A NEW heel at that.

Not when he is a heel. A NEW heel at that.

So you don't see the logic in putting on the card a guy who was over in Puerto Rico and who fans there would recognize, and might want to pay to see ?

They didn't pay to see him when he was there.

Maybe a few WWE adverts with Colon talking about moving on from 'the bush leagues' would change that. A long shot, I know, but I figure they should try anything at the moment, especially in a near-virgin market, and every little thing could help.

Today they started hyping the raw ppv in puerto rico mentioning some of the wrestlers schedule to appear like HHH Edge Randy Orton(who is the most over wrestler in puero rico right now) Benoit and Flair.

The prices will be 90$ and 200$ in ringside and they will be on sale starting the 20th at ticket pop puerto rico and El Coliseo. The Event is scheduled to start at 8:45(7:45 in the united states east coast) and tonight Smackdown! starts being aired on the island in Televicentro and it will include both hours of the show.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

What type of Venue are they going to be doing this at? A Soccer Stadium? I hope so. I love the shit out of outdoor shows.

Guest combat_rock
tonight Smackdown! starts being aired on the island in Televicentro and it will include both hours of the show.

Whoa! WWE is being generous!

That reminds me of being deployed in Turkey, where we only got the armed services network. Anyone that's served over seas knows what I'm talking about. It sucks. We only got Smackdown (no Raw) and it was two months old and clipped down to an hour.

What type of Venue are they going to be doing this at? A Soccer Stadium? I hope so. I love the shit out of outdoor shows.

At first they were going to do it at the Roberto Clemente which is a baseball stadium but now they are going to do it at Jose Miguel Areglot to which i haven't been to yet but i heard it's indoor.

is it really that bad over there ?

The thing is puerto ricans love argueing and the riots usually start when 2 fans start argueing about who is the better wrestler. I once went to a IWA show and a riot started because some people were argueing about who's better Rey Misterio or Amazing red and then everyone just joined in on the fight. And also if the favorite wrestler loses which means if the WWE doesn't want a riot they better make sure they have Randy Orton win since he is MEGA OVER in P.R and so is HHH.

Why is Orton over in P.R?

and why hasn't america nuked this island for it?

tonight Smackdown! starts being aired on the island in Televicentro and it will include both hours of the show.

Whoa! WWE is being generous!

That reminds me of being deployed in Turkey, where we only got the armed services network. Anyone that's served over seas knows what I'm talking about. It sucks. We only got Smackdown (no Raw) and it was two months old and clipped down to an hour.

I wasn't aware that was the situation in Puerto Rico. And that real sucks, Combat_rock, I don't understand why they can't show shows in entirety (I can understand it being some time old)

Why is Orton over in P.R?

and why hasn't america nuked this island for it?

Because most of the people outside of Canada, England U.S and maybe Australia are marks and we believe everything the WWE tells us and we cheer who they want us to....I for one discovered wrestling was fake about 2 years ago.

Here are the prizes....i am probably the only one here who is going but i just thought I'd share...

Red Carpet

$200.00

$90.00

Ring Side

Nivel Principal

$75.00

Nivel Superior

$50.00

Nivel Superior

$35.00

Nivel Superior

$20.00

Superior arriba

Arena is capacity 13,000 (11K with stage/ring), so this follows WWE's trend of slightly downsizing the arenas they use for PPV to minimize tarpage.

If I was in Puerto Rico, I would definately go.

Funny, I am Puerto Rican too, and heh, the rioting part is not always happening. BUT, it did happen once.

There was another Puerto Rican Day Parade after the one in New York City, in NJ, Jersey City to be exact. An independent wrestling organization I follow decided to run the 3 days that the parade would be there. Well, man, most of the ppl there probably didn't know that wrestling is fake! My god! On the roster, there were some Puerto Rican wrestlers that fought against the heels in the roster. Wow, I never heard so much cursing in Spanish in my LIFE! Hell, one of the biggest tag teams around the Northeast indy scene, the Dirty Rotten Scoundrelz, egged on a fan, you know, to step into the ring. Well, the fan nearly jumped the barricade ready for a fight, and security had to stop him. Funny, because later in the day, the whole parade/carnival was cut down 3 hours early, due to a fight stemming from the wrestling show.

Here are the prizes....i am probably the only one here who is going but i just thought I'd share...

Red Carpet

$200.00

$90.00

Ring Side

Nivel Principal

$75.00

Nivel Superior

$50.00

Nivel Superior

$35.00

Nivel Superior

$20.00

Superior arriba

Red Carpet? That sounds interesting, what is that?