TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bcu1979

(observer) edge jumps past rvd

Guest bcu1979

It looks like the Edge push is going to continue for a while. (Well, until someone decide he's not a good enough worker, not a good enough interview, too short....errr too goofy, not muscular enough, and unable to draw like "real" main eventers. (i.e. X-Pac)

According to the latest Observer, which has excellent stories on Lou Thesz and Wahoo McDaniel, the WWF has decided that Edge is the next guy to push to the top after his match with Angle at Backlash. Edge has jumped past RVD on the hierarchy after comparing their matches at Backlash. The negatives on RVD are that his punches suck, he doesn't have intensity and he's just a spot wrestler.

There was a lot of disagreement over putting the belt on Hogan. Apparently, a lot of the agents at the agents meeting on Sunday pushed for Hogan to get the title because they felt two straight PPV losses would kill Hogan and he would be worth nothing in the future.

The writing team dissented with Heyman and Stephanie at the top of the list. (Anyone surprised?) Apparently, Heyman was more vocal than Steph because she didn't want to express a strong opinion in fear that people would think she was putting her personal feelings above the business.

The next two guys for the crusier division are supposed to be Rey Jr., who would get a big babyface push, and Jamie Knoble.

And the Smackdown ratings are less surprising after seeing the RAW ratings for individual segments. The biggest ratings losers on RAW were segments Hogan was involved in. The Undertaker/Hogan interview lost almost 400,000 viewers. (Which really says a lot about the upcoming PPV main event.)

Even worse, the Hogan/Regal match/Hogan/Taker angle that took place during the overrun actually lose another 300,000 viewers.  And that was directly after Goldust/Spike lost 380,000 viewers themselves. Meltzer said he could not remember the last time an overrun lost any viewers.

Are you really shocked Edge jumped past RVD? Hell, even guys like Bradshaw & Maven has passed him. Oh well, Vince KNOWS what the fans really want, right?

The negatives on RVD are that his punches suck, he doesn't have intensity and he's just a spot wrestler.

I could say something here, but I won't.

Anyway, I guess Edge is the WWF's man to elevate. RVD no doubt is over, but as much as i don't like Edge, he is very over as well. Angle has helped him a great deal with their match at Backlash, and the feud overall though, so I don't understand why Angle shouldn't be main-eventing. And, RVD is very much a spot wrestler, but the fans LOVE it...and that's what we are looking for, right? I'm not saying by anymeans that RVD is ready for the main-event, but with some work, he could be main-event material.

Though I think it is non-sensical to depush someone as over as RVD, I can't say I'm too heartbroken over it. Edge is finally getting over (thank you, Angle), and I'd rather see Edge near the top of the card than RVD, anyway. Even if he needs some improvement--which he does--Edge can work a better match than Mr. Backflip any day.

Guest bcu1979
Are you really shocked Edge jumped past RVD? Hell, even guys like Bradshaw & Maven has passed him. Oh well, Vince KNOWS what the fans really want, right?

I'm surprised considering RVD was the hottest act in the company a few months ago, while Edge was stuck in a never ending feud with William Regal. But it was only a matter of time before RVD had his wings clipped. It happens every time.

I think Meltzer used an RVD/Edge comparison because he reported a couple months ago that those two guys were the ones next in line for a huge push.

Guest Anglesault
, Heyman was more vocal than Steph because she didn't want to express a strong opinion in fear that people would think she was putting her personal feelings above the business.

If that's true, then Stephanie should be commended. Looks like she's not beating HHH over everyone's heads anymore.

Good for Steph, too bad she didn't open her mouth more. Then again, we all would be bitching about Triple H still being Champ. It's a lose-lose situation.

Guest Brian

Yeah, but the ratings couldn't be as bad. People are turning off Hogan. They're waking up.

Guest Anglesault

This also shows the scary-little influence that Heyman has over the booking committee

Guest bcu1979
, Heyman was more vocal than Steph because she didn't want to express a strong opinion in fear that people would think she was putting her personal feelings above the business.

If that's true, then Stephanie should be commended. Looks like she's not beating HHH over everyone's heads anymore.

I don't think anything has changed. She still expressed her displeasure for the title switch. She just let Heyman do all the screaming so people wouldn't look at her.

If she wasn't writing the shows in favor of her boyfriend (and how could she not be) then why would she be so concerned with how people took her comments on the title switch. She knows the deal and she knows everyone else figured out her game a long time ago. It's just a matter of trying to appear unbiased when she and Triple H don't have Vince's ear in private.

Guest Ravenbomb

If hogan lost 2 PPV matches in a row, he wouldn't be worth anything in the FUTURE???!!!

and after the SmarKDown rant and reading about the hair match (correct me if I'm an idiot who can't read) for some reason everytime I try to picture Edge after losing I keep picturing him lookling like Tyler Durdan from the later part of Fight Club...

Heyman doesn't really have anything over the booking commitee. They'll probably say it's RVD or Jericho's fault ratings are down.

Guest The Electrifyer

Oh well, I'd rather see RVD put on ***** matches with people like Eddy Guererro, Jeff Hardy, etc, in the mid-card instead of him having to slow down his pace for people like Hogan as a main eventer.

Guest Sandman9000

As much as I like RVD, his style has gotten boring to me.  I do realize that it is important to have a look and style that stands out in the WWF/E crowd, but do you think that it would kill him to add a couple of wrestling moves to his offense?  All I see are crappy-ass forearms, kicks, and flying around.  I never see him do any kind of throw or hold, or any kind of ground wrestling at all.  I have no problem with the 5 Star, seeing how it is a finisher that works on all opponents, which is important if you want to be higher up the card.  But until RVD slightly modifies his offense and removes some of the staleness that is starting to creep in, I can't disagree with his de-push.

Guest Your Olympic Hero
Oh well, I'd rather see RVD put on ***** matches with people like Eddy Guererro, Jeff Hardy, etc, in the mid-card instead of him having to slow down his pace for people like Hogan as a main eventer.

RVD vs. Jeff Hardy --- *****?  That'll be the day...

Guest papacita

If they were worried about Hogan losing 2 straight, they could've done a no contest. They beat down the heels at the end, Hogan gets to work his program with Jericho, Trip and Taker do their X-7 rematch, the Steroid Kings get their super posedown and the fans get to go home happy. They didn't have to put the belt on Hogan save face that night. Oh well...screw them.

As for Steph...she did good. Somebody send her a Milk Bone.

Hm. It's hard to accept i'm agreeing with Steph. If she's the head writer, and Heyman agreed, why couldn't they put a stop to it?

Guest Anglesault
Hm. It's hard to accept i'm agreeing with Steph. If she's the head writer, and Heyman agreed, why couldn't they put a stop to it?

The numbers were against them.

Guest muzanisa

HHH was meant to win right up to the last minute when Vince decided to go with Hogan.

Vince always has last say he owns the company.

Guest Hogan Made Wrestling

Heyman probably wanted Justin Credible to win the title in an inpromptu match...

A) They're writers, not bookers.

B) No matter what the writers, uh, "write" - it will always come down to what Vince wants in the end.

Heyman probably wanted Justin Credible to win the title in an inpromptu match...

That was priceless.

Guest Risk

It's SCARY when Stephanie AND Heyman can't stop Hogan from winning.  Hogan is either fucking Vince or blowing him.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

Dammit, don't ever scare me like that, HMW....

Guest alfdogg
The negatives on RVD are that his punches suck, he doesn't have intensity

Indeed

RVD's character could benefit from getting REALLY pissed off every now and then. He almost did it once, back when he was sorta-feuding with Austin last year, and I really liked that side of him.

I would suggest the same for Edge, but I'm afraid he can't be helped. Back when he was feuding with Christian, he cut a promo where he disowned him as a brother, but Edge still sounded like a doofus. He just has a voice where he sounds like he's always goofing around, and that's unfortunate.

Guest alfdogg
RVD's character could benefit from getting REALLY pissed off every now and then. He almost did it once, back when he was sorta-feuding with Austin last year, and I really liked that side of him.

He did it with Jericho too after Jericho won the belts, but then the 1-7 depush fell upon him.

Guest Vyce

The negatives on RVD are that his punches suck, he doesn't have intensity and he's just a spot wrestler.

Ah, so HHH made the decision to push Edge over RVD.

Cause it's a rule, all upper carders must have INTENSITY~!