TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phenom

The OAO HOLY SHIT THE RED SOX WON~! Thread

Wait, is the Red Sox/Yankee series next year the first games of the year? Or is it the Sox home opener?

I'd think it'd be their home opener, unless MLB is starting the season late.

From what I am getting from this is that since the Yankees didn't win, then it isn't a rivarly anymore? That doesn't make any sense.

The whole basis of the rivalry was that the Red Sox couldn't beat the Yankees. They did.

And it's still a rivalry. Just a basic one.

No, the whole basis of the rivalry was the deep seeded dislike between the two organizations. Owners sniping at owners. Players throwing punches at players. Fans taunting fans. The fact that the Sox won ONCE does nothing to diminish the dislike, it actually probably increases it.

Like cabbageboy said on the last page, most rivalries are built around two teams beating each other, not just one getting stomped repeatedly. Only a Yankees fan would be ready to say 'this rivalry is over because we lost' ... if anything, you should be MORE into the rivalry, because now you actually have a rival.

/not saying anything that every poster other than AS has said for the last 3 pages

Wait, is the Red Sox/Yankee series next year the first games of the year? Or is it the Sox home opener?

I'd think it'd be their home opener, unless MLB is starting the season late.

Both, actually. The first series of the year for both teams (starting April 4th) will be at Yankee Stadium. MLB will probably make the first game the season opener (in which case, they'll probably start Sunday the 3rd, like the O's and Sox did last year). A week later (April 11th), Boston will have their home opener against the Yankees.

What an amusing thread...apparently anglesault has really gone off the mental deep end.

'Its not a rivalry cuz the sox won!' :lol:

Guest Anglesault
if anything, you should be MORE into the rivalry, because now you actually have a rival.

Quoted for emphasis.

We always had a rival. The Red Sox were never a joke, never a push over.

Of course it's going to be a rivalry. It's just never going to be nearly as good as it once was. There's no longer any real uniqueness to it, it's just two teams that don't like eachother and happen to play nearby.

For the last God knows how many years that I watched baseball, the story was "Can the Red Sox do it" "Can the Yankees stop it" or some combination of both. Without that, there's very little to this rivalry that makes it stand out.

Guest Anglesault
We'll see how you feel when the Red Sox get their World Series rings in front of the Yankees in their home opener.

Same way I'd feel if anyone got their world series rings against the Yankees. I'm not going to enjoy seeing that. I'm not going to tear up the house though.

Guest Brian

They never won. They never took it all home. That's textbook push-over.

The old Red Sox were a bunch of loser. And the Yanks were winners. That's the feud?

Guest Anglesault
They never won. They never took it all home. That's textbook push-over.

push overs are defeated easily.

The old Red Sox were a bunch of loser

They were good teams that happened to lose. They weren't losers.

We'll see how you feel when the Red Sox get their World Series rings in front of the Yankees in their home opener.

Same way I'd feel if anyone got their world series rings against the Yankees. I'm not going to enjoy seeing that. I'm not going to tear up the house though.

I don't buy that man. It'll be like when Robinson had his MVP Award speech in from of Hakeem, without saying Hakeem was one of the great centers in the league. It's more than that.

Guest Anglesault
It'll be like when Robinson had his MVP Award speech in from of Hakeem, without saying Hakeem was one of the great centers in the league. It's more than that.

That means absolutely nothing to me.

It'll be like when Robinson had his MVP Award speech in from of Hakeem, without saying Hakeem was one of the great centers in the league. It's more than that.

Yeah, you probably have no idea what i'm talking about.

Guest Anglesault

Yeah, you probably have no idea what i'm talking about.

Not a clue. I know who Hakeem Olajuwon is, but you lost me shortly thereafter.

It was a situation where Hakeem got pissed and dropped like 35+ or so in a playoff game.

Pretty much the Yankees should be motivated to destroy them after the ceremony.

Guest Anglesault
It was a situation where Hakeem got pissed and dropped like 35+ or so in a playoff game.

Good for him.

Pretty much the Yankees should be motivated to destroy them after the ceremony.

The Yankees SHOULD have been motivated when they were one game away from the World Series. All four times.

The Yankees SHOULD have been motivated when they were one game away from the World Series. All four times.

You're right they should of. But I can't change that, and I hope they will try in 2005.

Guest Anglesault
and I hope they will try in 2005.

We can only hope.

We can only hope that the "best player in baseball" will make a run at being the best player on the team this time.

We can only hope that our 13 million dollar 1st baseman doesn't suddenly contract the black plague.

We can only hope someone on the fucking team can pitch for the whole god damn year next year and pitch well. (I almost forgot that we were damned privileged to have Vazquez all year.)

They're a mess.

Guest DubWiser

... ...

The OAO HOLY SHIT THE RED SOX WON~! Thread, Holy shit, indeed.

Holy Shit indeed.

Menino: "Mount your ducks!!!"

This is fucking surreal.

Guest Anglesault

Oh, fucking Christ, someone told me that I should get excited about the games next year because 2005 will be "The Empire Strikes Back."

I'd better not hear that during the season.

What the hell was the deal with Pedro getting beaned at the parade?

"Hey thanks for winning us the World Series!" *conk*