TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in College Football 10/28 - 10/30

Oh well Miami and Auburn are both having trouble at the moment. By the end of the day OU and USC may be locked up on a collision course no matter what.

Oh and AD for Heisman......well at least a Hesiman finalist.

*board logic*

Well Miami's having some trouble with a crappy UNC team! They're obviously better than OU!

*miami wins b/c UNC misses a field goal*

What fighters! Miami deserves it!

Guest MikeSC
Ole Miss has held Auburn scoreless thus far. If this one goes close I bet everyone will say "What a showing by Auburn! Way to pull out a tough victory on the road!" as opposed to if OU were to do it you'd all say "OH MY GOD! THEY'RE NUMBER 2!? BULLSHIT!" Seriously you guys don't give them credit for anything and where another team would be praised you bash them.

You praised USC for there close victories against Stanford, Cal, and VATech as opposed to bashing OU for close victories against OSU and Texas.

Seriously, dig the sand out of your vagina.

-=Mike

Ole Miss has held Auburn scoreless thus far. If this one goes close I bet everyone will say "What a showing by Auburn! Way to pull out a tough victory on the road!" as opposed to if OU were to do it you'd all say "OH MY GOD! THEY'RE NUMBER 2!? BULLSHIT!" Seriously you guys don't give them credit for anything and where another team would be praised you bash them.

You praised USC for there close victories against Stanford, Cal, and VATech as opposed to bashing OU for close victories against OSU and Texas.

-=Mike

Not until someone gives them the credit they're due.

They come out and play great games. They show that there offense pretty much has an on and off switch where they can score when they want and they play two tough teams on the road two weeks in a row and people still bitch they have a weak schedule and don't deserve to be where they're at.

Sorry people but they're number 2 and you can't change it if they keep winning. And guess what? *gasp* they deserve it!

Guest MikeSC

-=Mike

Not until someone gives them the credit they're due.

They come out and play great games. They show that there offense pretty much has an on and off switch where they can score when they want and they play two tough teams on the road two weeks in a row and people still bitch they have a weak schedule and don't deserve to be where they're at.

Sorry people but they're number 2 and you can't change it if they keep winning. And guess what? *gasp* they deserve it!

Boo-frickin-hoo. Oklahoma was given a gift of a national title shot last year. Oklahoma plays a collection of patsies that would make the folks in Manhattan, KS blush.

Who here is calling them bad --- outside of YOU whenever, dammit, they're not beating a team by roughly 30.

Fans like you are why I now loathe Oklahoma and long for their defeat every week --- simply to watch you lose your ever-loving mind.

-=Mike

...And, just like last year, if they played the SEC Champ, they'd go down.

Hmm.....did I bitch about them not winning by 30 today? Nope. I said it was a great game and I enjoyed watching it.

Did I bitch about them not beating Texas by 30? Hmmm.......nope. I loved the fact they shut Texas out.

Did I bitch that they didn't blow out KSU by 30? Nope I was happy that it was a tough road game.

You're wrong Mike.

And no they don't play a collection of patsies. They have beaten 2 legit Top 25 teams and are playing a 3rd next week. Two of which are road games and one is on a neutral site. USC has only beaten 3 Top 25 teams. Also the Big XII South and Pac 10 are on about the same level. So therefore OU's schedule is just as tough as USC's and tougher than Wisconsin, Miami, and well all the unbeatens except Auburn. So no they aren't playing a collection of patsies. But you can believe it if you want. You're wrong. But you can believe it.

Guest Flyboy
Fans like you are why I now loathe Oklahoma and long for their defeat every week --- simply to watch you lose your ever-loving mind.

Thank you, Mike. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Oklahoma plays a collection of patsies that would make the folks in Manhattan, KS blush.

Oh now that's just uncalled for...

That statement doesn't work anyway since KSU and OU are in the same conference and share most of the same teams (and yes I know KSU stacks up on cupcake non-con schedule, though it's not entirely their fault)

And North Carolina wins it on a last second field goal, 31-28. As usual there is always a huge upset or two of these undefeated teams and we always end up with no more than two unbeatens from the major conferences.

Baylor has taken Texas A&M to overtime.

On the other side though, this means good things for Utah as it will knock them into the top 5 (win providing) and possibly even top 3 if Auburn loses

Man, am I pissed that I didn't go to the game. I can hear the stadium from here - I only live a mile or so away from Kenan stadium. Watched it on TV but I would have really loved to have been there.

Go Heels! Connor Barth 42 yarder wins it.

UNC! UNC!

Baylor 35, Texas A&M 34 OT

I have no words for this

Except that next week's match lost its impact, bigtime

I just looked at the box score for that game

After AnM scored a TD+PAT in the first part of OT, Baylor scored a TD and rather than kicking the PAT to go to second OT, they decided to go all out with a 2-pointer...

What-the-fuck?

Oklahoma is going to be seriously hurt by A&M's loss to Baylor in the polls.

Oklahoma has A&M, Nebraska, and Baylor remaining, plus a rematch with Nebraska in the title game, which won't help them because Nebraska is unranked.

Auburn has a week off, then Georgia(Top 5), Alabama, and the SEC championship against Tennessee(Top 10 if they win out.) If Auburn wins out, they will most likely pass Oklahoma in the polls.

I agree that Auburn should probably pass Oklahoma if they look good against Georgia and win the SEC Championship game. The problem is that I really don't see it happening. Really, the only game all year where they were impressive was against Tennessee. They only beat LSU because of a bullshit leaping call, and they're not exactly dispatching lower tier teams with ease either. I'd be surprised if they beat Georgia now, even if they are coming off a bye week.

They obviously can't really be ranked higher than four with a loss, but honestly I think the best team in the country right now might be California. You know that they would have won that USC game on a neutral field, and they haven't even been close to being challenged the rest of the way. As we speak, they're dominating Arizona State by a score of 20-0, and I think that if two of the top three remaining teams lose, Cal would probably beat either USC or Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl.

Damn you Texas A&M. You couldn't beat BAYLOR so that it makes OU look better next week? Fuckwads.

Oh well.....we win out we still go to the title game if we're undefeated. That simple. So I'm not really worried about what all these other f-wads in the Big XII are doing to each other. q

On the other side though, this means good things for Utah as it will knock them into the top 5 (win providing) and possibly even top 3 if Auburn loses

Not entirely good...the win over A&M is meaning less and less by the week. They could get knocked down by the computers because of this.

They should still be in the top 6, because they'll move up to 9th or 8th in the polls, but I wouldn't count on them being any higher than 6th when the new standings come out tomorrow.

To sum up.

We could have Oklahoma, USC and Auburn as the top conference undefeateds with Utah and Wisconsin being the other ones that no one even looks at twice.

Now lets say, for the fun of it.

USC finishes undefeated, Oklahoma gets upset by Nebraska in the title game, Auburn loses in the SEC title game....who gets the shot at the national title?

Does Utah? Does Wisconsin? Does neither get the shot?

Not to mention, does Utah get a serious Bowl bid if they are in the top five?

Current ABC worst nightmare: Auburn, USC, and Oklahoma all lose. Utah and Wisconsin do not.