TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AboveAverage484

Girl with Rare Disease Can't Feel Pain

She would chew her lips bloody in her sleep, bite through her tongue while eating, and once even stuck a finger in her mouth and stripped flesh from it.

That last part is the part that makes me think "OK, no, I really wouldn't want this disease." I'd actually like to know if that much damage has been done to me.

Guest Shutterspeed

Looks like in 12 years time or so, this could prevent a lot of sexual frustration on her boyfriend's behalf.

Guest Smues

Unless you actually care about the person you're dating. Then you'd be worried all the time.

Well once she comes of age she has one less excuse to not do anal.

What?? Like you weren't thinking it!

Eventually she will learn to watch what she's doing a little more so she doesn't stick her hand on something hot or things like that. She'll still have to worry about things in her sleep though.

Guest Shutterspeed

When you stick your hand on something hot, the worry is pain - burning your hand on the stove generally won't result in a debilitating disease.

She will have to be careful of certain things though. Even if she has all of her senses intact, she's not used to pain so obviously won't be as cautious.

No when you stick your hand on a stove the worry is burning your flesh off. She may not be able to feel pain but she still can be hurt. Yeah it won't kill her, but she will probably be mangled if she doesn't start watching out.

Guest Shutterspeed
No when you stick your hand on a stove the worry is burning your flesh off.  She may not be able to feel pain but she still can be hurt.  Yeah it won't kill her, but she will probably be mangled if she doesn't start watching out.

Oh, of course it's a worry when it's that bad, but a small burn's only problem is usually, if any, contracting an infection, which is what I was thinking of.

I guess it's just hard to fathom that someone could have something like the palm of their hand down on a stove without knowing.