TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hogan Made Wrestling

Keyes Blames Loss

Guest Loss

Not at all. I find Nancy to be neither of those things.

Rather sexist remark, don't you think? Do you feel the same way about Elizabeth Dole?

Guest MikeSC
Not at all. I find Nancy to be neither of those things.

Rather sexist remark, don't you think? Do you feel the same way about Elizabeth Dole?

I don't feel that way about all women politicians. Pelosi is one of the few. A bitch in needing of a good and thorough bitch slapping.

-=Mike

Guest Loss

Proof that people still aren't comfortable with the idea of women being politically active, I suppose. I would fully support a Hillary/Pelosi ticket, but I know most wouldn't because they're women.

Guest MikeSC
Proof that people still aren't comfortable with the idea of women being politically active, I suppose. I would fully support a Hillary/Pelosi ticket, but I know most wouldn't because they're women.

I don't like women in politics because Nancy Pelosi is a sandy vagina?

News to me.

-=Mike

...Not voting for Pelosi makes you a misogynist, apparently. Also, Loss, why does Keyes blame you for anything, anyway? Is it that whole "gays are heathens" thing in effect?

Nothing to do with them being women. Just you are picking two women who are the equal of George Wallace and Teddy Kennedy in terms of me wanting to vote for them.

There was a female in Congress awhile back I would have easily considered voting for President. Hell if I remember her name now.

I'd support a Rice/Dole ticket because they're not total bitches.

I'd support a Rice/Dole ticket because they're not total bitches.

I'd vote Dole, just because seeing Bob walking around the White House doing the work of a First Lady would be awesome.

Elizabeth isn't horrible, I might consider voting for her if I heard more of her thoughts on the issues at hand.

Rice? No way. She scares me.

Guest Loss

Condoleezza Rice? Lord. The only thing I'll credit her for is the way that she's been totally consistent and hasn't shown signs of cracking, despite the Bush Administration using her as a total scapegoat. She would be a horrible President, I'm afraid, because she seems unwilling to speak her mind.

Then again, I guess that's why you don't think she's a bitch.

I don't think you're a mysogynist, Mike, I just don't see the problem at all with Nancy Pelosi.

Not that comparing her or Hillary Clinton to Ted Kennedy is an insult ...

Guest Loss

Ha! I'd love a black woman to be President actually, but not someone who reminds me of the woman on Roots who didn't want anything to do with the workers out in the plantation.

Guest MikeSC
Condoleezza Rice? Lord. The only thing I'll credit her for is the way that she's been totally consistent and hasn't shown signs of cracking, despite the Bush Administration using her as a total scapegoat. She would be a horrible President, I'm afraid, because she seems unwilling to speak her mind.

Then again, I guess that's why you don't think she's a bitch.

I don't think you're a mysogynist, Mike, I just don't see the problem at all with Nancy Pelosi.

Not that comparing her or Hillary Clinton to Ted Kennedy is an insult ...

Rice is a brilliant woman. You know how smart people think Hillary is? Condoleeza is SIGNIFICANTLY more intelligent --- and has actually accomplished stuff in life without relying on a husband.

Why doesn't she speak out more? Well, for starters, she speaks out quite a bit. But, in the end, she works for the President

You don't like Rice because she has an "R" in front of her name. If she had a "D", you'd have a bigger crush on her than Karl Rove here has on Obama.

-=Mike

...Pelosi is a useless lug in the House and, under her leadership, it's been a pretty consistent failure for the Dems...

Guest Loss
Did it ever cross your mind that perhaps she spoke her mind behind closed doors?

Yes, actually. And I find it funny that she can't seem to do it publicly. Her testimony was even more roundabout than Clinton's impeachment trial.

Oh Jesus Fucking Christ. I'm soooooo fucking tired of the whole if-you-don't-like-a-female-pol-you're-afraid-of-a-strong woman argument.

I'll be Condi's bitch any day...

Thank you. The reason we're not electing women to such high offices is because they've given us Geraldine Ferraro in '84 and likely Hillary Clinton in 2008. It has nothing to do with misogyny. I'm all for throwing gender out the window and making my choices based on merit. The Democrats just trot out women with no merit.

Guest Loss

I was a big supporter of Rice until her testimony, actually. I used to have a lot of respect for her. I still do in some ways, but I'm disappointed in her. I will never doubt her intelligence or capabilities, but I will doubt her courage and character. She's given me reason.

Then again, I could make the same argument about the "D" and the "R" with you if we were talking about Tipper Gore, most likely.

Guest MikeSC
I was a big supporter of Rice until her testimony, actually. I used to have a lot of respect for her. I still do in some ways, but I'm disappointed in her. I will never doubt her intelligence or capabilities, but I will doubt her courage and character. She's given me reason.

Then again, I could make the same argument about the "D" and the "R" with you if we were talking about Tipper Gore, most likely.

Tipper Gore is quite pro-censorship. So, no.

-=Mike

Guest Loss
What about Tipper? I disagree with the ban-naughty-music stance she took, but that's about it...

Heh. I pretty much despised everything about Tipper Gore.

Considering my extreme dislike of Bill Clinton, Al Gore, Michael Moore, John Edwards and Zell Miller, I think it should be obvious that I'm capable of seeing beyond party lines.

And as far as women go, I have immense respect for Barbara Bush and Nancy Reagan. Barbara Bush in particular was an amazing woman, and still is.

Laura Bush, to my knowledge, does almost nothing as first lady. I've never even heard her speak.

I should clarify my last post. When I said "that's about it" that doesn't mean I like her. I don't give a crap about her.

And I don't get the "D" and "R" reference EDIT: OK, it was in reference to Mike's post, which wasn't up when I responding. Most woman pols are liberals, so of course I'm not going to like a lot of them. So in a way, I'm treating them the same as I would if they were men...

Guest MikeSC
What about Tipper? I disagree with the ban-naughty-music stance she took, but that's about it...

Heh. I pretty much despised everything about Tipper Gore.

Considering my extreme dislike of Bill Clinton, Al Gore, Michael Moore, John Edwards and Zell Miller, I think it should be obvious that I'm capable of seeing beyond party lines.

And as far as women go, I have immense respect for Barbara Bush and Nancy Reagan. Barbara Bush in particular was an amazing woman, and still is.

Laura Bush, to my knowledge, does almost nothing as first lady. I've never even heard her speak.

First ladies AREN'T supposed to do a lot, considering their utter lack of accountability. Laura recognizes that people elected her husband --- not her. Something Hillary failed to notice.

-=Mike

Guest Loss

If that's true, Barbara Bush is guilty as well, although admittedly, her activity was less based in the political arena than Hillary Clinton.

Laura's a babe (for an old chick).

Oddly enough, I'm trying to think of liberal bitches that I like, but sadly I can't think of anyone. Would saying that I don't worship Ann Coulter, and don't like Laua Ingram and Monica Crowley help?

All first ladies are supposed to do is pick some hippie social cause and give it publicity...

Guest thebigjig

So basically... Laura knows her role, shuts her mouth and if not for the well equipped kitchen staff, would have breakfast on the table every morning?