TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wildpegasus

Edge's book

Like the Kurt Angle, Chyna, Lita, and Hary Boyz books before it, Edge's career really hasn't been long enough for him to have a particularly enthralling story for wrestling fans to get into. If the library gets a copy, I'll read it, but otherwise I pass,

Actually the Hardyz book was a pretty enthralling story.

Reading about going from backyarding to OMEGA to working all over the South to becoming jobbers and finalyly making it up to the big time was really interesting stuff

Guest Phenom

I really think he should just be called Adam Copeland now. His book title, Adam Copeland on Edge, has practically killed the kayfabe of the name Edge.

Guest wolverine1007

I actually enjoyed Kurt Angle's book, but only because of his stories as an amatuer wreslter, which i actually found very interesting.

I'll probably pick up Edge's book, if only because he wrote it himself, but i probably won't get it until it hits paperback, like Edge predicted.

I really think he should just be called Adam Copeland now. His book title, Adam Copeland on Edge, has practically killed the kayfabe of the name Edge.

And then he should shave, cut his hair, and join Evolution.

And then not ever say anything funny and just be intense, mysterious guy.

I haven't picked it up yet, mainly because of that thing I don't have (money). Hopefully I'll get it for Christmas though.

Guest seth86

I read the book but it isn't that great. I wouldn't call it bad though. The first parts of the book is pretty good. Once he starts talking bout his WWE debut and E&C I got kinda bored.

Has anyone read Lita's book? I have not met one person yet who has read it.

A friend of mine borrowed it from someone, he was gonna start reading it. I ended up laughing at him as soon as I saw it.

My girlfriend saw a gril reading it on a bus not long ago.

Guest Miss Indy Queen

*raises hand* Yes I've read the book. It was better than what I expected and it almost comes across that WWE didn't bother to read the book b/c she's very vocal on how she feels. It does come across "real" but it's still not up there with the better books out there.

As for Edge's book, I read that one also. I really liked the book when he talks about growing up with his mother and getting into wrestling, but once he talks about WWE, it comes across like there was nothing storyline or otherwise he objected to, and praises WWE for everything. That's the only thing that brought down the book as a whole to me.

Also if you've read his commentaries when he was injured, in the book, he retells all the stories and it felt like, "ok you've told these stories already", so most of that stuff you will have already heard b/c it's just rehashing the same commentaries all over again.

And then he should shave, cut his hair, and join Evolution.

And then not ever say anything funny and just be intense, mysterious guy.

Eugene, too.

Or should I say "Nick Dinsmore."

I actually enjoyed Kurt Angle's book, but only because of his stories as an amatuer wreslter, which i actually found very interesting.

Agreed, it's amazing what Kurt Angle had to go through to win the gold medal. His training, I doubt any normal human could do.

Kurt Angle is a machine.

Edge's book was good, although I agree with a previous writer that he reiterates his web columns a little too often for my liking. I find it interesting that he and Christian have been best friends with TNA's Sinn since high school though. There's a story no one has mentioned before.

I've also read Lita's book, though I didn't buy it. Other than finding out she was a former stripper and actually getting a picture of the "punk" tattoo on her inner lip, it doesn't really tell me anything I didn't already know. It's kinda brutal towards some WWE storylines though, which makes it an oddball in the current set of "WWE is beautiful" books released by them of late.

Guest Pariah

Agreed, it's amazing what Kurt Angle had to go through to win the gold medal. His training, I doubt any normal human could do.

Kurt Angle is a machine.

I hated Angle's book, it was terribly ghost-written and skips over some really interesting parts of his life. Like the rape accusation during his College years, which is covered in about three lines, if he had written it ala Foley or had a more in-depth role in the book I'm sure it would of been great, but it seemed like a detached biography of some guy the writer had met once over lunch than anything special.

Like the rape accusation during his College years

...huh?

That is new to me also.

I'll read Edge's book after I read Scott Keith's.

What, I like SK's stuff.

Guest Pariah

...huh?

I'm fairly certain there is a section in Angle's book about a rape allegation... Or it could be Rocky's, I know its one of those two books

My memory sucks however

Guest Shutterspeed

...huh?

I'm fairly certain there is a section in Angle's book about a rape allegation... Or it could be Rocky's, I know its one of those two books

My memory sucks however

Angle's.

I'm surprised that Edge's book isn't ghost-written - he seems exactly the type of wrestler who would have his done that way. I'll probably pick it up too because of this. It's always much more intimate and fun when you know you're getting the story first-hand.

Guest Pariah

Thanks, I thought it was, couldn't be certain

I may have to pick up Edge's book when it comes out over here, I still need to get Flair's first though

And Mole, while I read SK's rants, 'Tonight... In this very ring' is an awful book, so poorly written. I don't hold out much hope for his new one.

I read her book. Nothing special really. She spills a lilttle bit of dirt, as she REALLY didn't like Miss Kitty, but other wise its just a straight coming of age type story. Oh, and I get the impression she really liked her dog.

...huh?

My memory sucks however

Angle's.

There was a rape accusation story in The Rock's crappy book, as well. Basically, he and his girlfriend were caught messing around in a sleeping bag in the outdoors, and even though Rock was sixteen or seventeen at the time, he looked to be in his late twenties and almost got arrested.

Guest Shutterspeed

I haven't read Angle's in a while, but didn't he sleep with some girl in college and have the two-faced bitch accuse him of rape the next day or something?