TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Angle-plex

Metal Gear Solid 3

How in the hell do you follow on from MGS2 though? There are so many God forsaken loose threads of storyline that it's almost impossible. Like Anya said a while back, I don't think Hideo ever planned on officially revealing what happend after Snake parted with Raiden and took up chase of Ocelot/Liquid.

A remake of MG and MG2 would be nice, but MGS3 is awesome.

I wasn't too thrilled about a prequel before I played it, but now that I've beaten it and seen the story I think it was great. The details of the Patriots and why Big Boss turned evil are really fascinating. The ending REALLY puts a new perspective on him.

And it's not like it doesn't follow up MGS and MGS 2. It doesn't continue the literal story, but it does follow up and conclude the themes of those games. The main themes of MGS(what makes a person, freewill, ect) are all tied up really well.

MGS2 haters should like it. Once you get past the prolouge mission there is hardly any overly long codec cutscenes. This one has the most gameplay in the series by far. There's also some very well designed boss fights and new stealth mechanics. It takes a while to get used to no radar and using the new stuff, it works out fine. I liked sonor the most, but everyone seems to have their own style. There's lots of different ways to do everything.

I still have yet to play MSG2...does this game as well as MSG2 have long ass boss death scenes...that KILLED me in MSG, the bosses talking on and on and on and on...fucking die already...

2 has long cutscenes about everything.

3 doesn't.

I hope so--what I played in EB was a little bit of gameplay and tons of cinemas at the start (which I guess is normal for any MGS game). It seems Hideo has taken up a Woodian love of stock footage, though.

The closest you'll get to a remake of the original MG is the Game Boy MGS, which I haven't played much of, but it's pretty good from what I have played.

I think people hate on it too much because of Rydain(sp?). Who cares if you don't play as Solid Snake the whole way through. I mean you run around as a crappy block of pixels in the original NES versions and nobody complains.

Its a fun game that gets shat on by elitists.

A crappy block of pixels that didn't whine throughout the course of the entire game, I'd like to add.

It wasn't so much *just* Raiden as it was the entire cast and story. The gameplay itself *is* good, as I've readily admitted, but when you make something such a large focus of a game and fail at it, you're hurting the overall game experience immensely.

The first like hour of 3 is full of cutscenes and obnoxious tutorials. When you start the second mission, it really cuts back. There's still some long cutscenes with like action or exposition, but it's not like in 2 where it's all in the codec so you're just sitting there watching two talking heads.

3's story is also less convoluted than 2's.

I did a search on this game title rather than start a new topic, and I have to ask; Have more than 2 people played this and enjoyed it thus far? I only ask because it appears to be a likely Christmas gift I'm getting.

I'll admit it too, besides the ending I liked MGS2. The gameplay was enjoyable and beating people up via the naked cartwheel was different. I loved the start of the game on the ship. Stuffing people into the lockers and then opening fire on them to kill them was awesome. I think people hate on it too much because of Rydain(sp?). Who cares if you don't play as Solid Snake the whole way through. I mean you run around as a crappy block of pixels in the original NES versions and nobody complains.

Its a fun game that gets shat on by elitists.

I like it.

I think it's better than MGS2. Less cutscenes, more gameplay, simpler story.

The boss fights are cool (except for The Sorrow) and it's damn hard. The final fight is heli-tough.