TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dandy

Old Fox shows

Here's a couple for you guys...Matthew Perry starred in a show called "Boys Will Be Boys" about him and his two buddies bascially being stupid teenagers all day long...the kicker is that it's a spinoff from a previous show starring Perry and his two buddies in which a man that is Perry's character in his 40s returns from the dead and goes back in time to stop his younger self (Perry) from making all the life mistakes that eventually led to his death...now does anyone remember THAT one?

Guest El Satanico

I've always been a sucker for Fox shows, espiecally the shows that are considered bad shows. I loved Herman's Head.

One show no one has mentioned...The Ben Stiller Show.

After a trip to IMDB, here's some more Fox gems.

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes

Charlie Hoover

Down and Out in Beverly Hills

Eek! the Cat

Mr. President

Adventures of Brisco County Jr.

Bakersfield, P.D.

Brimstone

FreakyLinks

Kindred: The Embraced

Life with Louie

Ned and Stacey

New York Undercover

Pauly

Profit

Shaky Ground

The Sinbad Show

Strange Luck

Space: Above and Beyond

Werewolf

M.A.N.T.I.S.

Life With Louie huh?

As long as we're doing Fox Saturday Morning cartoons, I remember the original X-Men cartoon (my first exposure to the X-Men, along with the huge arcade game), Conan the Barbarian, Super Dave Osborne, Bobby's World, Bill and Ted (with voices of the movie actors, no less)...

I know I'm forgetting some good ones...

Oh yeah, speaking of Bill and Ted and Fox, anyone else remember the short-lived live action version (sans movie actors) that was not very good?

Don't forget about 1992's Woops!

The world is destroyed when kids accidently set off a nuclear missile causing the Russians to counterattack. Only six people are left in the US; Mark, the narrator, an ex-school teacher; Alice, a feminist; Curtis, a yuppie stock broker; Jack, a homeless person; Frederick, a black pathologist; and Suzzane, a sexy dummy.

Lasted 3 months.

wow I remember that show. and I actually watched it. man I loved lots of foxs aborted sitcoms . hermans head ruled all

last year fox had a short lived show about a family who is cursed with bad luck. i forget the name but it was funny (in one episode the daughter gets a log impaled through her head AND LIVES and goes to the scholl dance trying to hide it with a hat or somethin)

The Attack of the Killer Tomatoes cartoon? I loved that. I saw it before the movie and then I saw the movie and was like "this sucks......" none of them had faces in the movie!

They had all kinds of cool giant tomatoes in the second season of that cartoon! Like the Bull Tomatoe and the Snake Tomatoe and the General one.

Guest Evolution

Not sure if these two were mentioned, but man, they stink.

Big Bad Beetleborgs and VR Troopers.

The former at least had a rockin' theme song to go with it.

M.A.N.T.I.S.

This has to be one of my favorite tv flops of all-time. Not so much for the show itself, but for the commercials leading up to its debut. It started with some creepy looking Urkel robot laughing, then the Mantis comes into the screen and blows it away! I believe they then made some dig towards ABC's lineup, said when it is debuting, and ended the commercial. Anyway, from the sounds of it, Fox had high hopes for this show. I vaguely remember that it was supposed to anchor their new Friday lineup, and, obviously, they had intentions of it challenging ABC' TGIF lineup in the ratings.

So, what happens to the show? It gets cancelled in, I believe, 3 episodes. I just always found it hilarious that the show and Fox puffed up their collective chests, only to fall flat on their faces and fail miserably. 3 episodes? Yeesh.