TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in College Football 11/23 - 11/27

National television schedule. Tuesday is still too damn early in the week for football even with a great MAC match-up tonight.

I know you'll be up Thanksgiving Day to watch that traditional holiday match-up of UConn/Rutgers.

One ABC regional game on Saturday and Notre Dame/USC is nationally televised.

TUESDAY

#25 Bowling Green at Toledo, 7:00/4:00 PM, ESPN2

THURSDAY

Connecticut at Rutgers, 10:00/7:00 AM, ESPN2

#23 West Virginia at Pittsburgh, 7:45/4:45 PM, ESPN

FRIDAY

Colorado at Nebraska, Noon/9:00 AM, ABC

#13 LSU at Arkansas, 2:30 PM/11:30 AM, CBS

#19 Texas A&M at #5 Texas, 3:30/12:30 PM, ABC

#16 Arizona State at Arizona, 4:00/1:00 PM, FSN

SATURDAY

Memphis at South Florida, 11:00 AM/8:00 AM, ESPN2

Wake Forest at Maryland, Noon/9:00 AM, ESPN

#17 Virginia at #14 Virginia Tech, 1:00 PM/10:00 AM, ABC*

Syracuse at #21 Boston College, 1:00 PM/10:00 AM, ABC*

Missouri at Iowa State, 1:00 PM/10:00 AM, ABC*

Cincinnati at #10 Louisville, 2:30 PM/11:30 AM, ESPN2

Georgia Tech at #8 Georgia, 3:30/12:30 PM, CBS

#22 Oklahoma State at Texas Tech, 3:30/12:30 PM, FSN

#7 Boise State at Nevada, 7:45/4:45 PM, ESPN

Notre Dame at #1 USC, 8:00/5:00 PM, ABC

They always show Georgia/GA Tech on national TV as though anyone actually CARES about that game. I swear it seems like one or the other is good, but not both at once to make the game compelling.

One game not mentioned that might be a sleeper is Louisville vs. Cincy. Cincy has squashed 4 jobbers in a row. I'm not hugely concerned about this game, but it could get interesting.

I can't find an article on it but apparantly some of the Big Ten bowl invites have been handed out: Iowa to the Capital One Bowl, Ohio State to the Alamo Bowl, and Purdue to the Sun Bowl. No surprises there.

Wisconsin will play in the Halll of Fame Bowl (i'm no corporate whore)

Northwestern wins they go to the Music City, and Minnesota goes to the Motor City Bowl. If they lose than Minnesota goes to the Music City Bowl.

When I saw that Syracuse/BC was on ABC's docket, I was really worried. I'm back home in Florida for Thanksgiving, and I thought I might miss Virginia/Virginia Tech (the game of the weekend, I think, unless you really like Notre Dame). Thankfully the regional map shows the Big East game only in the northeast.

The ACC handed out its first bowl bid today: the Continental Tire Bowl unsurprisingly took North Carolina, whose success edges out Maryland's collapse for biggest ACC surprise this season. This means that Georgia Tech is almost certainly head back to Boise, again, and that there's still a lot of shuffling to do among the ACC's top flight in sorting out those 4 top bowls. My guess:

Sugar: Miami

Gator: FSU

Peach: Virginia

Tangerine/Champs Sports: VT

I'm sure Texas will go to the Cotton. The rest will be up for grabs, obviously with most of that shaking out this weekend--Texas/Texas A&M and Oklahoma State/Texas Tech will decide the pecking order. On the North side, if Nebraska can't beat Colorado, the conference will only qualify for 7 of their 8 bids. Somewhere, Troy and Akron are putting on their Buffs gear.

A&M is pretty much a lock for the Holiday Bowl and then the winner of Oklahoma State/Texas Tech this weekend probably goes to the Alamo Bowl. If Tech loses then look for them to go to the Ft. Worth Bowl where they'll do an all-Texas bowl with TCU. After that it's really anyone's guess.

This means that Georgia Tech is almost certainly head back to Boise, again

Ya they make out bad in this Clemson deal as there was already going to be three or four open bids that they would have had their choice of bowl to go to but now they are forced back to freeze their ass off in Boise. I suppose they could turn it down so they can go to one of the open spots like the Las Vegas Bowl, although I'm sure the ACC would frown on that.

We'd better get some nicer games with the 12-team expansion next year. Boise's a joke. I also think the ACC would do well to shift the Tire Bowl in Charlotte up to the #4 slot, because really, the Tangerine Bowl is horrendous. #4 ACC team vs. a #7 Big XII team has the potential for a nasty mismatch, especially this year.

Guest Salacious Crumb

It seems Bowling Green is always getting stuck playing these weekday games.

We'd better get some nicer games with the 12-team expansion next year. Boise's a joke. I also think the ACC would do well to shift the Tire Bowl in Charlotte up to the #4 slot, because really, the Tangerine Bowl is horrendous. #4 ACC team vs. a #7 Big XII team has the potential for a nasty mismatch, especially this year.

#7 in the Big XII? Who is that? Nebraska? Colorado? Sucks to be them playing Virginia or FSU or whatever.

Guest MikeSC
Straight to hell.

Damn even Hell is sponsoring a bowl now.......

Well, there's been a bowl in Shreveport for a while now...

-=Mike

#7 in the Big XII? Who is that? Nebraska? Colorado? Sucks to be them playing Virginia or FSU or whatever.

Either one of them or Iowa State, depending on what happens this week. Last year, N.C. State annihilated Kansas, and this year'll probably be something in the same vein.

Guest MikeSC

Either one of them or Iowa State, depending on what happens this week. Last year, N.C. State annihilated Kansas, and this year'll probably be something in the same vein.

How in the hell does the Big XII even have 7 teams QUALIFY?

-=Mike

How in the hell does the Big XII even have 7 teams QUALIFY?

-=Mike

B/c the South has 4 Top 25 teams and 1 teetering on the edge....don't ask me about the North.

If Oklahoma State loses to Texas Tech, thus Tech goes to the Alamo Bowl, they could possibly end up in the Tangerine Bowl as after the Alamo Bowl there really is no order to the Big XII bids. At least Virginia vs. Oklahoma State could be competitive.

They always show Georgia/GA Tech on national TV as though anyone actually CARES about that game. I swear it seems like one or the other is good, but not both at once to make the game compelling.

One game not mentioned that might be a sleeper is Louisville vs. Cincy. Cincy has squashed 4 jobbers in a row. I'm not hugely concerned about this game, but it could get interesting.

I care. I think it will be a damn good game. I've had shitty Pac-10 matchups until they're coming out my eyeballs, and Clean Old-Fashioned Hate will be a welcome change.

I get off work on black friday just in time for the Lone Star Showdown. Yay. It should be a better game than usual. Where's it at?

Is USC/ND nationally televised? Because I wanna watch it.

And so this week and then next week for conference championships and we're done? Already? Man......

Wow, here's something I hadn't picked up on...the Big East champ could possibly be worse than we all think:

Syracuse (5-5) 5-5, yet still alive.  Hard as it is to imagine, the Orange have a pulse in this discussion.  If they can knock off Boston College in Chestnut Hill and Pittsburgh beats West Virginia, a four-way logjam atop the Big East would result.  Syracuse and Pittsburgh would survive that “mini-conference” with 2-1 records and, by virtue of their win over the Panthers, the Orange could get the berth if Pitt is unranked.  Of course, if they lose, they won’t even be bowl-eligible.

That wouldn't do the Big East any favours in the "Do they really deserve a BCS bid?" discussion. And BC's starting quarterback is out indefinitely...

This week might be interesting in that the two teams that have created the controversy in Auburn/OU are off! So everyone wants to know "Who's going to the title game? What's gonna happen?" but since USC is probably going to eat ND for lunch we get no answers this week either! We have to wait another week!

The BCS is fucked up. Say somehow Boise State jumps to number 6 after a Texas loss, thus making both them and Utah guaranteed for a BCS bowl. However, Cal stays fourth and is guaranteed a BCS bowl by being in the top 4. That means you have USC, OU, Auburn, Cal, Utah, Boise State, ACC Winner, Big East winner, and Michigan all eligible for a BCS bowl. How can 9 teams fill 8 slots and what determines who gets left out. You can't leave out the conference champions especially if BC wins. What the hell would they do

The BCS is fucked up. Say somehow Boise State jumps to number 6 after a Texas loss, thus making both them and Utah guaranteed for a BCS bowl. However, Cal stays fourth and is guaranteed a BCS bowl by being in the top 4. That means you have USC, OU, Auburn, Cal, Utah, Boise State, ACC Winner, Big East winner, and Michigan all eligible for a BCS bowl. How can 9 teams fill 8 slots and what determines who gets left out. You can't leave out the conference champions especially if BC wins. What the hell would they do

Cal isn't guaranteed shit. They only apply the top 4 rule after applying the top 6 rule, and then only if there are any at-large spots left. Cal would be shut out if Boise State makes the top 6.

I've made this point before but I'll make it again:

It's strange. Last year we had controversy with 3 one loss teams in OU, USC, and a team named the Tigers from the SEC.

This year we have controversy with 3 undefeated teams in OU, USC, and a team named the Tigers from the SEC.

ALSO

Last year we had a 2-loss Michigan team going to the Rose bowl to play a heavily favored 1-loss team from California named The Trojans who lost to the Bears.

This year we have a 2-loss Michigan team going to the Rose bowl to play a heavily favored 1-loss team from California named the Bears who lost to the Trojans.