TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in College Football 11/23 - 11/27

How come when Bob Stoops is still scoring at the point in the game against an inept opponent that he's already put away people accuse him of being a jerk and running up the score?

But Pete Carrol is obviously running up the score and trying to give his guy Heisman numbers(even though Smith and White still have better numbers) and people are probably going crazy about how great they are?

Such bullshit.

And fuck you ND. Way to give us hope and then snatch it away. What an inept football team. There's so many plays that they should've made but they've dropped balls or just played shitty defense.

It just struck me, just how ridiculous it's going to be when three unbeaten teams won't even get a chance to play for the national championship.

Yeah it is crappy but it looks like the voters and the BCS are probably going to be in agreement on who's playing in the game this year.

Well I guess all the ND alumns will be calling for Willingham's head again

I'm not even a fan and I'm calling for his head! This is just crappy football on all sides of the ball!

How come when Bob Stoops is still scoring at the point in the game against an inept opponent that he's already put away people accuse him of being a jerk and running up the score?

But Pete Carrol is obviously running up the score and trying to give his guy Heisman numbers(even though Smith and White still have better numbers) and people are probably going crazy about how great they are?

Such bullshit.

You seem to forget that Stoops was throwing for the endzone with 18 seconds left in the game.

Don't forget that this is a nationally-televised games and its against Notre Dame, so of course Leinart is trying to look good.

It just struck me, just how ridiculous it's going to be when three unbeaten teams won't even get a chance to play for the national championship.

Think about the undefeated Penn State seasons that didn't end in national titles before we even had this system.

Ok I take back the running up the score thing b/c Carrol's now put his second stringer in there. He just needed to get Leinhart a 5 TD game to match Jason White's 2 or 3 five TD games.

Think about the undefeated Penn State seasons that didn't end in national titles before we even had this system.

Speaking of good schools that have gone down the shitter......can we get new coaches at Penn State and ND please!?

I know the Irish have a history of "giving someone a chance!" but Ty's had his chance and hasn't produced! I mean he's getting them to a bowl this year isn't he? But he's pretty much killed the mystique in South Bend.

Speaking of good schools that have gone down the shitter......can we get new coaches at Penn State and ND please!?

I know the Irish have a history of "giving someone a chance!" but Ty's had his chance and hasn't produced! I mean he's getting them to a bowl this year isn't he? But he's pretty much killed the mystique in South Bend.

You're not very familiar with ND if you think Willingham is doing the worst job possible with ND. Think about how terrific their last coach was...

The mystique was dead long before Willingham got there. They've been just another school for some time now. They're never going to win another national championship as an independent -- it can't be done in the current system.

As for Penn State, Paterno will never be fired. He's done too much for the school to be forced out. Hopefully someone can convince him to step down for the good of the program, but he'll be there as long as he wants to be.

And another thing! Where was the QB pressure!? ND constantly rushed 4 and barely blitzed if at all! I mean you're sitting on the sidelines going "Man this guy is throwing all over us....." well it's easy for him to do when you aren't in his face!

What a dissapointing game. Mainly b/c Notre Dame played so shitty and braindead. I knew they were going to lose but I didn't think they'd be so clueless and inept in doing so.

No Dama, that's not what I meant. I meant it's not uncommon for an undefeated campaign by a major school to go unrewarded.

Yeah I know what you meant. It just got me to thinking.

Yeah they can't fire Joe Paterno but they can try to get him to retire. Surely he realizes that he's hurting the school now....doesn't he?

Guest Salacious Crumb
Leinart's final stats:

26/36, 406 yards, 5 TD passes

Somebody's just had their signature game

That's the second USC QB that Notre Dame has probably just handed the Heisman to.

Guest Salacious Crumb

And Notre Dame as a football program hasn't been the same since Boston College beat them a week after climbing to No.1 in the early 90s.

It's still not over for the 3 undefeated teams because next week will be some tests:

USC goes to the Rose Bowl for a rivalry game and UCLA would love nothing more than to ruin USC's season

Oklahoma has Colorado in the Big XII title game, while it should be a win for the Sooners, Gary Barnett's teams are known for pulling upsets (2001 Nebraska game, 2001 Big XII title game)

Auburn's got Tennessee in Atlanta and it could be very tough for them depending on if Erik Ainge can play or not.

Ok I take back the running up the score thing b/c Carrol's now put his second stringer in there. He just needed to get Leinhart a 5 TD game to match Jason White's 2 or 3 five TD games.

Huh?

Leinart (NO H DAMMIT) and White now have the exact same number of 5 TD games.

Guest Salacious Crumb

It's just pathetic to hear Mack Brown's whining and begging for voters to screw over Cal.

Huh?

Leinart (NO H DAMMIT) and White now have the exact same number of 5 TD games.

Damn that H! Damn it to hell! This is Leinart's second 5 TD game this season? God damn. This is difficult to decide now.

Oh I said they all will probably win in 50 point blowouts to complicate things OR they'll all lose.......man wouldn't that be wild? Hell that'd be chaos.

Imagine if the old format was used. USC in the Rose, Auburn in the Sugar, and Oklahoma in the Orange.

It's just pathetic to hear Mack Brown's whining and begging for voters to screw over Cal.

Mack Brown's going to take his Cotton Bowl trip and he's going to like it so sayeth the Sooners who beat him and dashed his hopes.....again.....but you know with 18 seniors graduating from OU this year he can probably do it next year!

I'd like to know just who the teams are that Mack theinks Texas is more deserving than. He surely can't be talking about Cal, can he?