TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dark Age

North American Wrestler Pollage....

Lifted this idea from the Spider Twist~! message board aka airraidcrash.

Seems a pretty obvious topic to do, and I haven't seen said topic around, so I'll do it. Anyway, question is simply: Best NA wrestler of all time; who is it? I guess one could make the same thread for the best wrestler - period - but I'm not the biggest puro fan ever, so alas.

Anyway, we'll eventually narrow this down to a 65 man tournament (last two guys (64 and 65) "play off" for a place in the final 64). I don't know exactly HOW we'll narrow the choices down to 64 guys - maybe we could select a few judges who would pick between themselves from all of the nominations. Obviously, they'd have to have a good knowledge of North American wrestling, and any North American wrestlers. They also need to have a fucking clue what they're talking about. Anyone wants to be a judge, say so.

Premise is simple: Nominate as many guys as you like (as long as they haven't already been nominated) and we'll go from there. This is judged SOLELY on wrestling ability. Not mic skills, not drawing ability, not anything. Just in-ring skills. There are a lot of guys who, once nominated, aren't really up for debate. Feel free to give reasons WHY you think wrestler A deserves a place in the last 65. It'll help us decide on wrestlers some people may not be too familiar with.

There WILL be seeding once we get down to the last 65, but, again, we'll go over that when we get there.

Anyway, my nominations:

Bret Hart

Steve Austin

Vader

Stan Hansen

Chris Benoit

Eddie Guerrero

Rey Mysterio

Davey Boy Smith

Dynamite Kid

Steve Williams

British wrestlers are allowed, just because. If you have a problem with that, I don't care. Britain's America's bitch anyway, so it's ok.

That'll be it for my picks - for now. I may post more later. Obviously, I've left a lot of guys out, so YOU fill in the blanks.

NOMINATE AWAY~!!!

(P.S. everyone post. Otherwise, shame on you)

El Hijo del Santo

Jerry Lawler

Art Barr

La Parka

Bryan Danielson

William Regal

Sting

Barry Windham

Magnum TA

Juventud Guerrera

Some of those guys don't really belong on the list, but then some of the guys on your list don't either.

Like who? Bulldog and DK? British wrestlers are allowed. I guess it should be NA (with Britain). My reason for allowing the Brits in was simply because, the majority, spent most of their time in North America. Granted, a lot of NA wrestlers spend their time in Japan, vice versa and a load of other places, but I think the Brits should be allowed.

Rey Jnr. is debatable, but, in a judgment call, I think he qualifies due to his having SOME American in him (or at least being a citizen of it).

You, on the other hand, have seemd to have entered guys with NO relation to North America - at all - just for the sake of it. As far as I know, LA Parka and Juvi don't qualify, nor does Santo.

Of course, maybe I'm just mistaken on what you've said, but we'll see.

Ok people, anyone who posts in here, SHOULD British wrestlers be allowed? And does Rey Jnr qualify?

You, on the other hand, have seemd to have entered guys with NO relation to North America - at all - just for the sake of it. As far as I know, LA Parka and Juvi don't qualify, nor does Santo.

Canada-USA-Mexico.

That's North America.

Canada-USA-Mexico.

That's North America.

lol @ American school systems

Ok people, anyone who posts in here, SHOULD British wrestlers be allowed? And does Rey Jnr qualify?

Rey Mysterio Jr has been one of the best cruiserweights during the Monday Night Wars so he belongs on the list. Rey, Juvi, Psicosis belong on the list because they made lucha libre popular to the american public. As for the "British" wrestlers they belong if and only if they worked for WWF or WCW.

Shocker

Great Muta

Tajiri

Terry Funk

Arn Anderson

Tully Blandard

Just to give the old school wrestlers a shot here.

Lou Thesz

Dory Funk Jr.

Jack Brisco

Ted DiBiase

Randy Savage

Verne Gagne

Mike Graham

Bob Backlund

Ivan Koloff

Johnny Valentine

I've never seen Beyer wrestle though.

I've seen him wrestle once, in a 1974 match against Mil Mascaras as The Destroyer in All Japan. He's damn good on the mat, and carried Mascaras very well. The match is shockingly good, but it has a lame finish, which is typical of Mascaras's matches when he isn't winnning, where The Destroyer accidentally headbutted Mascaras in the groin off a leapfrog spot.

I've never seen Beyer wrestle though.

I've seen him wrestle once, in a 1974 match against Mil Mascaras as The Destroyer in All Japan. He's damn good on the mat, and carried Mascaras very well. The match is shockingly good, but it has a lame finish, which is typical of Mascaras's matches when he isn't winnning, where The Destroyer accidentally headbutted Mascaras in the groin off a leapfrog spot.

That match was way ahead of it's time. Probably the best Pre-80's match I've ever seen.

Guest Dynamite Kido

I would nominate these 10....of the top of my head

Terry Funk

Stan Hansen

Dick Beyer

Harley Race

Eddie Guerrero

Bret Hart

Chris Benoit

Ted Dibiase

Ric Flair

Ricky Steamboat

This belongs in Fantasy Booking, since you're apparently doing a tournament.

I nominate:

Chris Benoit

Shawn Michaels

"Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert

The Dark Patriot

Raven

Dean Malenko

Chris Candido

Tully Blanchard

The Big Show

Chris Jericho