TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WWE News and Notes from 11/29 Observer

Guest Anglesault
You know, Eddy Vs Kurt I Quit match really looks more and more appealing now after seeing THIS is the Armageddon card

This card makes anything look appealing.

Except that. The build up would positively suck, the match would be rife with bad comedy bits, and we'd get another more or less disappointing match between two guys who should work much better with eachother.

Guest MikeSC
One thing I don't get from the article --- the love for Barely Legal. Sorry, but the show was crap with the ONLY truly good match not involving a single ECW performer. How that was the apex of ECW, rather than one of the most disappointing shows in recent history is lost on me.

-=Mike

Check the old school folder to see how Meltz overrated everything on that show. He gave the Raven/Funk debacle ***1/4 stars or something like that.

Raven v Funk got ***1/4?

Jesus, Meltz DID fellate ECW pretty badly. The ONLY match that surpassed *** on the entire show wa the M_Pro 6-man --- which sadly remained the best match ever on an ECW PPV.

-=Mike

Screw North America(which is really just a few cities, the Midwest, South, and North East)

Is anybody excited about the Holla Holla Holla tour featuring JBL vs Big Show?

Jesus, Meltz DID fellate ECW pretty badly. The ONLY match that surpassed *** on the entire show wa the M_Pro 6-man --- which sadly remained the best match ever on an ECW PPV.

-=Mike

I'd disagree. Tanaka/Awesome/Taz and Tanaka/Awesome from 1999 were incredible (not as good as their televised matches, though).

Raven v Funk got ***1/4?

Jesus, Meltz DID fellate ECW pretty badly.

Tod Gordon would disagree. :P

Meltzer was really harsh on ECW on over the years, a little too much so on occasion.

I think the deal was Dave loves Cornette and Cornette hates Heyman, so Dave was always hard on ECW. He used to pimp the hell out of SMW, IIRC, not suprisingly since we all know who was booker there.