TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Man in Blak

RoH - Steamboat/Foley

I noticed a while back in wrestling news that Ricky Steamboat was backstage at Raw. Now there's a lot of rumblings about Steamboat, should he decide to come on board with the WWE as an agent, possibly reduxing this "purist v. hardcore" feud that he's running with Mick Foley in RoH right now.

I, of course, don't have a single clue about this feud but, given the premise and the people involved, I definitely want to learn. What shows or matches should I check out?

ROH Glory by Honor 3- Foley's first appearance

ROH Gold- The Foley v. Steamboat confrontation

Joe v. Punk 2- Foley-Steamboat again get into it, Maff/Whitmer v. McGuiness/Collyer

Weekend of Thunder Night 2- Foley rags on Steamboat

Guest OSIcon

The best "Foley vs. Steamboat" thing so far is the 10+ minute promo the two have on the 10/15 show. Foley basically goes off on Flair through Steamboat, but they trade shots back and forth about hardcore wrestling and "pure" wrestling. Steamboat actually holds his own in it and overall, it is a good segment. The match the next night (Collyer/Nigel vs. Maff/Whitmer) is the first real "match" in the angle, but overall, it isn't very good.

Foley's promo with Punk on 11/6 is really good, though his feud with Steamboat is not at the center of the promo.

Steamboat's best stuff in ROH so far was with his "feud" with CM Punk. Their angle together on the 5/22 show and the conclusion of their angle on 7/17 are both really strong segments.

Guest OSIcon
From tape viewing, I thought the confrontation on 10/16 was better than the one on 10/15. Foley's flair flop is priceless.

That is actually the one I was thinking of.