TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

Fav style of ring introductions.

OK, having watched the most recent episode of IMPACT for TNA got me thinking...

What is your favorite style of ring introduction?

You like when the person's name, weight, and such is announced while they're coming to the ring?

The overly done Michael Buffer introductions with all the weird talking...

Or the NWA/ECW style, where they're not "introduced" until both competitors are in the ring and the music has died out?

For me, at least for World Title matches, the second two seem the best to me. But maybe that's just me.

Guest Pariah

I used to love Buffer's introductions for Nitro main events and PPV main events, it added a big time feel to the match, however if it were done for every match on the show it would be over done.

I'd prefer a mixture of 3 for all matches barring World Title matches and PPV main events which would get the Buffer-esque introductions.

What I prefer:

Undercard gets the standard intros as the wrestler come to the ring to their music.

Main event, and main event ONLY should get the japanese intros. [ie: intros done when all participants are in the ring]

Guest The Shadow Behind You

like the regular intro them as they come but for the main event? I like the intro them when they are in the ring with the whole "In the corner, the challenger and in the other corner, the champion..." and they meet mid-way for a in-ring instruction deal from Referee ala Hebner at WM12 with Shawn and Bret.

What I prefer:

Undercard gets the standard intros as the wrestler come to the ring to their music.

Main event, and main event ONLY should get the japanese intros. [ie: intros done when all participants are in the ring]

Seconded

Although ring introductions in the last couple years haven't meant that much to me at all... Lillian and whoever does Smackdown don't inspire me at all when they announce match participants and winners. When Fink, Capetta, that New Japan guy or even that guy from the 80's NWA (see: Flair DVD) announced participants/winners, chills would go up my spine (Fink: "The winner of this bout, and NEWWWWWWWWWWW..."), whereas the current crop just makes my dick go limp.

I agree with that, except that I believe all title matches should be introduced when everyone is already in the ring. Something as simple as that could change the feel of WWE for the better.

I do agree that it should be a mixture of the three.

For non title matches, introduce as they come to the ring.

For lower title matches, do the Japanese intros (introduce as they're in the ring)

For Main Events (especially World Title Matches), Michael Buffer (as long as he gets the name right and we don't have another Bret Clark) introing them...either as they're coming to the ring or while they're in the ring.

I do agree that it should be a mixture of the three.

For non title matches, introduce as they come to the ring.

For lower title matches, do the Japanese intros (introduce as they're in the ring)

For Main Events (especially World Title Matches), Michael Buffer (as long as he gets the name right and we don't have another Bret Clark) introing them...either as they're coming to the ring or while they're in the ring.

Guest LooneyTune

I like Michael Buffers for main events...unless he calls Bret Hart the wrong name.

The Fink and Capetta are at the top of my list as "regulars" for introductions, with Fink being on top. I hated when he declared Slaughter the winner at Rumble 91. Everyone probably thought the decision was reversed, but all of a sudden "The winner....and....NEW World Wrestling Federation Champion" was announced.

Guest Fook_Theta

I deserve to be shit on for this, but I'd have to say I would like to come out to, or like seeing a wrestler come out to streamers and about forty fans clapping in perfect tune to my theme song. Substitute forty fans with 17,000 Korakuen Hall schoolgirls.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

Streamers work in ROH but it wouldn't work in WWE because idiot wwe fans would throw them at the wrong time.

The Fink's "...and....NEW..." is one of my favorite things in the history of wrestling.

yep, awesome.

also loved when he said "...Bret......THE HIIIIIIIIIITMAN......HArt!"

Fink's intros are my favorite ever

Guest Fook_Theta
Streamers work in ROH but it wouldn't work in WWE because idiot wwe fans would throw them at the wrong time.

Well, I never said the fans would be throwing the streamers. Although the clapping in rhythm thing might need a good long rub from Angle to help with.

I echo all sentiments on Finkel's greatness. You've got "and...NEEEEEEEEW" and also "And now, let's all find out...who drew...number ONE!"

Or, for the 1990 Rumble:

"And now, introducing first...the man...who last year drew number 30...and this year drew number 1..."