TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bruiser Chong

Cam'ron Purple Haze

So now that SNKT is no more, I guess I need somewhere to throw some thoughts out on an album that I was beginning to think was never going to be released (I began to lose faith after the ninth or tenth time it was pushed back).

Anyway, I just downloaded it, since I haven't been to Best Buy yet and have been giving it a "spin" for a bit. Anyway, the standout tracks seem to be:

- Get Down

- Down and Out

- Adrenaline (yep, the old Twista joint)

- Hey Lady

- Get 'Em Girls

- Take 'Em to Church

There are some other good tracks on here, but these are the ones with the best production, and let's face it, that's the best part of anything with DipSet ties.

Down and Out is a Kanye-produced track. I'm getting tired of him being everywhere, but I'm not sick of the old school soul sampling yet. Get 'Em Girls features the beat used in the video, unlike the version that's been on any mixtape. I've always liked the video version more, so this was a treat to hear and may have renewed my fondness of the track.

Overall, this is basically what you've come to expect from Cam. The production is the hook, which is good, since he says some pretty damn stupid things, even for him these days. There are a couple tracks that recycle a lot from older songs, which I think is pretty lazy. Obviously this is a good compliment piece to Diplomatic Immunity II, which dropped two weeks ago. Anyone cop a listen yet?

Im not feeling Cam like I used to, he started changing after he went platinum, he got lazy with his lyrics but usually the production carries him now.