TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

And the new Notre Dame coach is......

Guest Failed Mascot

7-5 gets you into a bowl easily.

But which bowl?

The "I Can't Believe Its Not Butter" Dairy Bowl.

Notre Dame's expectations aren't on par with reality. Their recruting standards will not allow them to stay on the same level as the USC's and Oklahoma's of the world, so to blame Willingham is stupid. Any coach who goes there is handcuffed.

I don't buy that excuse anymore. If a program like Cal can go 10-1 then so can Notre Dame. Berkely is one of the hardest schools in the counrty to get into and they've been quite successful. I would assume that they hold their athletes to higher standards as well.

I don't buy that excuse anymore.  If a program like Cal can go 10-1 then so can Notre Dame.  Berkely is one of the hardest schools in the counrty to get into and they've been quite successful.  I would assume that they hold their athletes to higher standards as well.

The reason for Cal's success is they heavily recruit Junior College's. That is where Aaron Rodgers and JJ Arrington came from. Without that they would be average.

ND does not recruit Junior Colleges. Thats one of the things Urban Meyer wanted them to change if he was going to coach there.

Kotz, you're talking out of your ass. ND has had 15 coaches with tenures of 3 years or less. They have fired coaches in the middle of contracts, including TW's predecessor, Bob Davie, who was canned in the third year of a five-year contract extension.