TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Breakdancingbatista

Fairly new to Japanese wrestling....

Guest Contentious C
For the New Japan Rookies, I think he was, sadly, talking about guys like Wataru Inoue, Naruse,

Huh?

Just because Naruse is relatively new to New Japan doesn't mean he is or was a rookie when he joined New Japan. Naruse is a 10-year pro.

Guest JebusNassedar

I'm well aware he's not by any means a new kid. But, he's new, comparitively, to New Japan, which is what I meant, and what I think he meant.

Guest Contentious C

"Good flyer," "crisp," "graceful," and "everything was just about perfect" are about the last terms I'd use to describe him, particularly in the DK series. You need to take the time to watch these matches before saying whacked-out shit like that. The first match of theirs alone has at least 2 blown spots I can recall in a sub-5-minute clip.

I have watched several of these matches, and don't recall a blown spot. I haven't seen the whole series, but I'm sure they improved with time over their first match.

Guest Breakdancingbatista

what are the websites for New Japan, Toryumon, All Japan, Zero1, etc and is Kensuki Sasaki anygood as I hear he's the current IWGP champion.

Guest Black Tiger

http://www.puroresufan.com, its a New Japan "support" site, and it has subsites for NOAH, DDT, and All Japan.

Sasaki is no longer the IWGP Champion, having lost it on 12/12 to Hiroyoshi Tenzan, but from what I've heard (I haven't seen much of his work this year) he's had a good year.

I guess TSM is where the Kobashi-hate takes place. He's probably the top heavyweight in the world at the moment, and the greatest World Champion of this century, so far. I'd rather see a Kobashi GHC title defense than any slug from NJPW.

Kenta Kobashi is probably the most important man in Japan, and is the US equivalent to Samoa Joe, as far as titles go

Yes, because Kenta Kobashi is an Indy worker for an Indy promotion. There is no other title in the U.S. that's as important as the WWF Title (whichever incarnation), in terms of drawing money and historical significance.

Guest Contentious C

Good of you to miss the point he was making. Maybe if you came up from air from that B.J. you're giving Kenta, you might figure it out for yourself.