TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

This week in the NBA

With Abdur Rahim out Darius Miles has been lighting it up the last 3 games. Tonight 20pts 8 rebs, 4 steals, 3 blocks, 10-13 fgs. I hope the Blazers can find some way to deal SAR and get a shooter like Szczerbiak.

(EDIT: apparently Rant isn't banned after all)

Is anyone watching the Suns/Sonics game?

Dallas is not a better team than Los Angeles

Would you care to elaborate on this?

Guest The Shadow Behind You

I got the Sonics/Suns playing in the foreground. Pretty good game and it's close with 7:20 to go in the 4th, 85-88 in Seattle's Favor.

Guest Vitamin X
(EDIT: apparently Rant isn't banned after all)

Is anyone watching the Suns/Sonics game?

Dallas is not a better team than Los Angeles

Would you care to elaborate on this?

Personally, I don't see how you can even arrive at that conclusion in the first place. Since when was Dallas ever better than LA? I don't see how, and LA's been beating them left and right for years already.. and the Mavs no longer even have Steve Nash.

But I'll guess we'll see when they play for the first time this season.

Who won between the Suns and Sonics?

Guest Mindless_Aggression

Shaq and Kobe Lakers handled the Mavs. Kobe Lakers haven't consistently handled anyone yet. I wouldn't definately put them above LA either, but I'd give them an edge based on Dallas having more talent.

Top 8 teams in the west in my opinion:

1. Phoenix

2. Seattle

3. San Antonio

4. Minnesota

5. Sacramento

6. Dallas

7. Denver

8. Lakers

Then you have the Clippers, the Grizzlies, Utah, and probably Houston going at it with the Lakers for the last spot.

Guest Vitamin X

In my opinion =>

1. Phoenix

2. Seattle

3. San Antonio

4. Minnesota

5. Los Angeles

6. Sacramento

7. Dallas

8. Houston/Clippers/Jazz/Nuggets. They're really all about even, except Houston should be playing much better baskebtall later on this season as the team gels. Same with Los Angeles, and to a certain extent, Denver.

Utah's 10-14 thus far, so I'd have to classify them as not for real when looking at which teams will get the playoff berths.

The Lakers will sneak in at the 8 spot, narrowly beating out Houston to make it in. Who knows, Kobe could hit some miracle shots, and they might even be able to knock off the Suns in 5. However, the fact remains that they are no longer a viable threat to win the conference or compete for a title.

When you look at the people besides Kobe who are supposed to help out with the scoring, all you can do is laugh. They have the potential to win games here and there but they can't win a seven game series against any of the elite teams out west.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

I give Denver the edge based on the frontline. The Lakers got nothing there outside of Odom and an untested Brian Cook, Jumaine Jones and Chris Mihm. Granted, Marcus Camby and Nene aren't really proven either, but I'd take them plus Anthony and Martin over the other group any day. They got an easy advantage with Kobe certainly, but Andre Miller is more useful than Atkins on the whole. Then you got Boykins as his back up. They're just a deeper team.

Definately would still put LA behind Sacto too. Both benches are pretty weak outside of Bobby Jackson, but once again, the point guard position and the front line in general go to the other team. Lakers will be good and make the playoffs most likely, but I think they'll get killed pretty badly once it all gets started.

Let's not forget that Kirilenko's been hurt for a while when talking about the Jazz and their recent troubles. When he comes back, they'll be right back in the hunt. Maybe not to the extent they were at the beginning, but I wouldn't count them out.

I'll say my as of now playoff predictions for the western conference since everyone else is;

1. Phoenix

2. San Antonio

3. Seattle

4.Minnesota

5. Sacremento

6. Los Angeles Lakers

7. Dallas

8. Denver/Portland

Personally, I don't see how you can even arrive at that conclusion in the first place. Since when was Dallas ever better than LA?

Since about July 14th.

IF the Lakers make the playoffs this season, they're first round and out, since they won't win homecourt, and the only team that might get homecourt that they could even win a game against is Sacramento.

Guest Vitamin X

Losing Shaq to gain Butler, Odom, and Grant was infinitely better than it was to retain him. Perhaps not for the short-term, but certainly once the team comes together, they'll be tough to beat.

JYD for President.

The Knicks, maybe the season turning game of the year? This was a huge win. I've never seen the team play defense in the 4th and OT like they did. Marbury, JYD, Ariza, Sweetney, KT, Houston, left their hearts out. Crawford made a huge save, and Moochie also contributed. I'm all giddy.

Seriously, FUCK Tim Thomas.

Let JYD start.

So I was looking at this site, www.82games.com, which is a stat site about the starting rotations for each team in the NBA. And out of ALL the Knick rotations, look which has the best +/- in points.

Marbury-Crawford-Ariza-Sweetney-Williams + 21

or

Marbury-Crawford-Hardaway-K.Thomas-Mohammed +23

Notice something? NO TIM THOMAS. The starting five, with Thomas, is -8.

Guest Vitamin X

Hmm, I wonder what that site will show for the Laker rotations. I'm inclined to believe that Mihm/Odom/Butler/Brant/Brown is the best they've got. Even though I don't like Tierre Brown much because he plays sloppy, lazy defense.

Amazingly enough, Scot Pollard of all people tops the Pacers' single player list. I'm not going to even try to break down our five-man lineups.

Hmm, I wonder what that site will show for the Laker rotations. I'm inclined to believe that Mihm/Odom/Butler/Brant/Brown is the best they've got. Even though I don't like Tierre Brown much because he plays sloppy, lazy defense.

Atkins-Bryant-Butler-Odom-Cook (+24)

So I was looking at this site, www.82games.com, which is a stat site about the starting rotations for each team in the NBA. And out of ALL the Knick rotations, look which has the best +/- in points.

Marbury-Crawford-Ariza-Sweetney-Williams + 21

or

Marbury-Crawford-Hardaway-K.Thomas-Mohammed +23

Notice something? NO TIM THOMAS. The starting five, with Thomas, is -8.

I'd give the second out of the two (when Penny comes back) a shot as the starting lineup. Until then, start Ariza. I like JYD off the bench. He's more effective this way.

The one positive TT has is the expiring contract he will have next year. It could net us someone who can play some D or post up.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I miss KVH.

JYD is hilarious. Houston's new name? H-2-0.

According to the media, Keith Van Horn is "soft." Thus, Van Horn is traded alongside Todd MacCullough to the Sixers, for Dikembe Mutombo. Mutombo hits a sharp decline. The Sixers trade Van Horn away in exchange for Glenn Robinson. Robinson is awful, misses half a season. The Knicks trade Van Horn away, and get Tim Thomas. Thomas fails to produce.

Anyone notice a pattern here? Teams trade away Van Horn, thinking he's not good enough. In return, they get screwed.

It was such a stupid trade.

The team chemistry was awesome, Marbury and Macullough were awesome on the pick and roll, KVH was on a role, we were only TWO games below 500, and about the be awesome.

I still don't understand the trade today. Although, Nazi has turned out to be a very positive player.

Guest Vitamin X

Atkins-Bryant-Butler-Odom-Cook (+24)

Now that's surprising. I would have thought Mihm would be in there.

Granted, Marcus Camby and Nene aren't really proven either, but I'd take them plus Anthony and Martin over the other group any day.

how is CAMBY of all people not proven? He almost singlehandedly carried the Knicks to the finals in 99 and when healthy he's an automatic double double and major defensive force. The only question about him is the same one it's always been, can he stay healthy, but *knock on wood* he seems to have put that behind him. Camby in good health is a bigger impact player than anyone on the Lakers' frontline.

It was such a stupid trade.

The team chemistry was awesome, Marbury and Macullough were awesome on the pick and roll, KVH was on a role, we were only TWO games below 500, and about the be awesome.

I still don't understand the trade today. Although, Nazi has turned out to be a very positive player.

We never had MacCullough, I think you meant Doleac. But the trade was good because of Nazr. I'd rather have Nazr up at center, and develop Ariza than Keith Van Horn, and have Doleac as our starting center.

Marbury and Kurt Thomas with the pick and roll is money + a bag of chips, plus KT can actually, you know, do other big man basketball stuff that doesn't involve a medical degree from Utah

J/K, I like Doleac, I just never thought I'd see Knicks fans reminisce about "the Doleac era" :lol: