TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

What movies will you be going to see in 2005?

After seeing the Trailer for Episode 3, it fell from my maybe list to my "no thank you" list. It looks like a steaming pile of horse crap sprinkled with Lucas.

Other than "Batman Begins", nothing has jumped out at me as a must see. Couple of possibles but other than that one, nothing.

what is this serernity movie i keep hearing about?

Do you remember a short-lived sci-fi show on FOX by the name of Firefly? Yeah, a lot of people don't, but Serenity is the big screen version.

Batman Begins

Fantastic Four

King Kong

Sin City

Serenity

I'm not sure about the last two, but Batman and FF are definites.

Guest TheLastBoyscout
serenity-logo.jpg

You must be happy it was moved to September when the studios realized it would be totally lost in the BATMAN-FEST this summer will be.

I'll almost definitely see King Kong...although I swear, if they bring out the "KING KONG IS THE BIGGEST MOVIE..." lines...I might change my mind.

I might go see Batman begins, and I might wait for it on DVD.

I dont think theres any other movies that I know of now that I want to see.

For you fools that don't know, Jarhead is a war movie directed by Sam Mendes (American Beauty and Road to Peridition). It's starring that Donnie Darko guy, Jamie Foxx, Chris Cooper and others. They could have no-name actors for all I care, because Sam Mendes has yet to make a movie worse than "excellent". Then again, he has yet to make three, so..

Guest TheLastBoyscout

Oh and, for those of you waiting for SERENITY... moving a big sci-fi blockbuster to the Fall Wasteland is NOT a good sign.

Oh and, for those of you waiting for SERENITY... moving a big sci-fi blockbuster to the Fall Wasteland is NOT a good sign.

Serenity isn't a sci-fi blockbuster.

Not by a long shot.

It's mostly just a "Thank you" to the cast, crew and the few fans who cared about the show. That and Joss Whedon trying desperately to prove he wasn't the reason "ALIEN RESURRECTION" sucked.

Serenity isn't a sci-fi blockbuster.

Not by a long shot.

It's mostly just a "Thank you" to the cast, crew and the few fans who cared about the show. That and Joss Whedon trying desperately to prove he wasn't the reason "ALIEN RESURRECTION" sucked.

THANK YOU, 2gold.

I'm more than a little disturbed that the Whedon fanboys are so incredibly blind to the fact that this movie, which is based on a FAILED TV show that couldn't even last ONE season, will do absolutely DICK at the box office.

It is the height of comedy to call this thing a 'sci-fi blockbuster'. It was moved to the fall because the studio wisely saw that this thing would get slaughtered in any other slot other than the "fall wasteland." It'll still bomb regardless, though.

Hey, I like Joss as a tv writer. And I enjoyed "Firefly" when I remembered it was on.

But I'm not crazy.

The movie has no drawing power other than Joss Whedon.

It might do averag, but it's not reaching high blockbuster numbers.

I'm still in awe the fans of the show and the fans of Joss truly believe it.

Hell, Joss himself has said it's mostly a thank you to his cast.

While I hope to god Serenity does well, I'm more just wanting to see it myself. Firefly the show is great, and hopefully the movie will be half as good.

But wait: it got cancelled by a shitty network after not being promoted and being placed in a death slot! It must suck!

Movies in 2005 I hope to see

Star Wars Episode III

Haute Tension (Now Called "High Tension")

Amityville Horror remake (Actually looks pretty good)

Oldboy

Hopefully coming out 2005

Calvarie (French Horror film with villains that make the ones from "Deliverence" look like angels)

Dead & Breakfast (Zombie gorefest comedy with David Carradine, Jeremy Sisto, and Portia de Rossi)

i saw 'haute tension' at a friend's place. overall, pretty good. but i have never in my life seen a movie's final ten minutes so commandingly and intentionally piss away the previous eighty.

Guest unleashedfury

The last 100 pages of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire book were an AMAZING piece of story telling. I'm looking forward to how can they display the whole graveyard sequence without getting an R rating.