TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

NFL Week 15

Guest The Shadow Behind You

The kneel down is the slow burn to the heel turn

Peyton : I did the honest thing! I kneeled down. I could have flicked it over the line and got the damn record right there but I didn't. I did the right then and what do you fans do? BOO ME? Well Indy you can stick it!

So technically the Ravens are behind the Jags for the last wild card in a 4 way tie.

The Ravens have the tiebreaker with the Bills and Denver.. but The Jags have to play houston and oakland which is the easiest of the 4 teams..

Cogratulations to the Jaguars on making the playoffs (its pretty much a lock) and a chance at the home field in the super bowl...

Looks like the Chargers will be the ones Manning gets the record against.

And this certainly makes a mess of the AFC wildcard pitcure, Jacksonville, Baltimore, Denver and Buffalo all sitting at 8-6 with only one spot to fight for.

Guest Vitamin X
The kneel down is the slow burn to the heel turn

Peyton : I did the honest thing! I kneeled down. I could have flicked it over the line and got the damn record right there but I didn't. I did the right then and what do you fans do? BOO ME? Well Indy you can stick it!

PLEASE stop comparing the NFL to fucking pro wrestling.

Cogratulations to the Jaguars on making the playoffs (its pretty much a lock) and a chance at the home field in the super bowl...

I wouldn't go that far - they play Houston next week, a team that beat them earlier in the season, and at Oakland in 2 weeks.

Guest Failed Mascot

Boller wouldn't be too bad if he had people that could catch the ball. They'll still probably spend their First Rounder on defense though.

So how long until the Detroit Long Snapper is fired?

The NFL is also in the entertainment business and they certaintly like to create villians and heroes along with ESPN and the rest of the media. (Favre is a hero...T.O is a bad guy). The whole Peyton=The Next Heel sthick is a play on how easily he'd be a "heel" to promote the league with like they do with Terrell Owens. It was completely tongue in cheek considering how much they try to sell him a nice good ole boy when sometimes he shows hints of arrogance and ego (hence tonight with his angry reaction to being taken off the field for a FG) but then he goes and does a class act thing with the kneel down.

The NFL like reality television loves to sell players; despite what that idiot Sapp thinks. Manning would be a great "character" to sell beyond the "nice boy who can score".

The #6 seed will finish no better than .500 in the NFC.

My thoughts:

1. Eagles (14-2)

2. Falcons (13-3)

And then

Wildcard Weekend

3. Minnesota (9-7) Vs. 6. Carolina (7-9)

4. Seattle (8-8) Vs. 5. New Orleans (8-8)

How possible is this?

Divisional of:

1. Eagles Vs. 5. New Orleans

2. Falcons Vs. 6. Carolina

NFC Title Game

1. Eagles Vs. 6. Carolina

THE rematch.

Boller wouldn't be too bad if he had people that could catch the ball. They'll still probably spend their First Rounder on defense though.

So how long until the Detroit Long Snapper is fired?

I'm sure he'll be cut after the season. However, has Joey Harrington always been a whiner?

His "I'm tired of saying we came close" speech after the game had the signs of young kid who'se losing control of the pressure.

I wouldn't go that far - they play Houston next week, a team that beat them earlier in the season, and at Oakland in 2 weeks.

All I know is the Ravens aren't making the playoffs.

My thoughts:

1. Eagles (14-2)

2. Falcons (13-3)

And then

Wildcard Weekend

How possible is this?

Divisional of:

NFC Title Game

THE rematch.

I don't think Carolina's luck can hold out for much longer. I mean they got alot of heart and fire but ultimately I dont think they can get back to the conf. title game.

Even as weak as the NFC is.

Guest Vitamin X

My thoughts:

1. Eagles (14-2)

2. Falcons (13-3)

And then

Wildcard Weekend

How possible is this?

Divisional of:

NFC Title Game

THE rematch.

You left out Green Bay, the only other team besides Atlanta and Minnesota to have clinched a playoff berth already, except I think for Seattle.

My thoughts:

1. Eagles (14-2)

2. Falcons (13-3)

And then

Wildcard Weekend

How possible is this?

Divisional of:

NFC Title Game

THE rematch.

This is not possible since the Green Bay Packers have clinched a playoff spot

i think Seattle/St. Louis will tie thus giving the spot to the Rams.

#1-Philly #2-Atlanta

#3-Green Bay #4-St. Louis

#5-Minnesota #6-Tampa Bay

Philly over Atlanta in Conference.

Don't even get me thinking how the AFC mess works out.

Guest Vitamin X

And honestly, no matter how bad the Packers have been playing, the Saints, Seahawks, and Panthers all have no business being in there over Green Bay.

Personally my ideal situation in the playoff would be-

Wild Card Weekend

Carolina (8-8) at Green Bay (10-6)

Minnesota (9-7) at Seattle (9-7)

Divisional playoffs

Green Bay at Atlanta

Minnesota at Philadelphia

NFC Championship

Green Bay at Philadelphia

That's just wishful thinking on my part though. But it would be symbolic, since in the first round Green Bay would have the first team they played this season, who also happened to be their opponent in the 96 NFC Championship game (and should have been last year as well had it not been for 4th and 26 and the OT pick), then going on to face their past two playoff failures- Revenge on the Falcons for ruining the Lambeau mystique by beating them at their place, and revenge on the Eagles for 4th and 26 at the site where it happened.

I don't know what would be worst for the superbowl hype period

"Favre is the toughest player ever! worship his greatness"

"T.O is the meanest and most disgraceful player ever! omg he moved his hips! clearly making a sexual gesture at the youth of america. and he's black!"

Here is my ideal NFC Playoff situation

Minnesota at Arizona(Just because I think it would be the greatest thing ever)

Carolina at Green Bay

Minnesota at Philadelphia

Green Bay at Atlanta

Atlanta at Philadelphia

NFC Champion: Atlanta Falcons

Philly have to make the SuperBowl. They can't lose in the playoffs esp not in the NFC Conference again for the 4th year straight. They are the only credible team in the NFC.

Yes; Atlanta has the marketable Vick and GB provides us with Favre...but the NFL *must* have Philly in the superbowl. They are the truly elite NFC team this year and the season has been all about Terrell Owens's antics (which he HASN'T done, despite what the media tries to tell us). It's only fitting the drama queen T.O gets two weeks in the spotlight.

So, I must know. With this season of AFC excellence and NFC "parity" wrapping up, how do we feel about playoff expansion?

I say the NFL sends the wrong directions to St.Louis/Seattle/Minnesota/Whoever the fuck makes it in and say "since The scheduled team no showed...luckily the Buffalo bills happened to be in town. They will subsitute for them"

ESPN's standings are WRONG!

W/L/T/Div. Record/Conf. Record

5. Jets 10 4 0 3-2 7-4

6. Jaguars 8 6 0 2-3 5-5

Ravens 8 6 0 3-3 5-5

Broncos 8 6 0 3-4 5-5

Bills 8 6 0 3-3 5-6

The Ravens are 3-2 in their Division. Wins vs Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Cincy and losses vs Cleveland and Cincy. They should be ahead of the Jags!

The Broncos are also 3-3 in their division.

Guest Vitamin X
Carolina (8-8) at Green Bay (10-6)

Seattle (9-7) at Minnesota (9-7)

Can't happen. The home games go to the Divisional champs, therefore Minny would be at Seattle.

Well then, just switch it and make it Minnesota at Seattle, and have the Vikes win anyways. Even if it would be great to hypothetically have a Holmgren Bowl in the NFC Championship, which won't hapen because Philadelphia's in the way and all.

So, I must know. With this season of AFC excellence and NFC "parity" wrapping up, how do we feel about playoff expansion?

Fuck it. The current system is what makes it exciting. Even if 4 teams get dicked out of the playoffs every year, who cares? By including them you make it so that half the league gets into the playoffs.

The current system works just fine. It's the OT format that still drives me nuts. I wish they would make it so that to win in OT, it's touchdowns only, or once you score, you also have to stop the other team from scoring. The sudden death FG shit doesn't quite cut it for me as much anymore. It's loathesome.

At least I know at least for 1 more week that the Ravens still have the final wild card based on the fact that they have a 3-2 division record vs the Jags 2-3 record. If Houston can beat the Jags again...even if they beat the Raiders and even if the Ravens lose to the Steelers, as long as the Ravens beat the Dolphins and neither the Bills or Broncos win out (hopefully the Steelers can beat the Bills and the Broncos lose to the Colts) than the Ravens would have the final wild card based on a 3-3 division record vs the Jags 2-4 record.

My head is about to explode.

The current system works just fine. It's the OT format that still drives me nuts. I wish they would make it so that to win in OT, it's touchdowns only, or once you score, you also have to stop the other team from scoring. The sudden death FG shit doesn't quite cut it for me as much anymore. It's loathesome.

THANK YOU.

You've got to have matching possessions, there's no other fair way. The team that lost the toss has a chance to score, and if they can't score more points than the other team did, or get intercepted, or whatever, it's over. Maybe even kill the game clock and just run off the play clock. I dunno. This system is terribly flawed.

"We want the ball\, we're gonna score!"

ARRRRRRRGH!!!!! GRRRRRR! DAMN YOU HASSELBECK