TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
strummer

ECW PPV? Roster Switches?

Guest LooneyTune

Anyone know who Cena drops the useless... I mean US Title to? Carlito and Jesus are injured, and that pretty much kills the US Contenders... unless Orlando Jordan wins it :(

hopefully he drops it to a freshly turned heel Charlie Haas

How is he a heel now?

I was at Armageddon and he got one of the biggest face pops of the night for what he did (unless he did something on Smackdown I missed, which is forgivable, considering I don't watch Smackdown).

If they are going to keep the super push for Cena going, then I don't see Cena dropping the title in the ring. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see him keep the title until WM XXI, and play off of the fact that he is the US Champion in his feud with JBL. Then, when Cena wins the SD Title at WM, he vacates the US Title, and it's tournament time.

hopefully he drops it to a freshly turned heel Charlie Haas

How is he a heel now?

I was at Armageddon and he got one of the biggest face pops of the night for what he did (unless he did something on Smackdown I missed, which is forgivable, considering I don't watch Smackdown).

I meant I hope a complete heel turn is coming. I know Haas is still a face, he tagged with Bob Holly on Velocity

Guest LooneyTune

Blech... I hate Tournaments for meaningless titles. Just give it to Luther Reigns @ No Way Out, but there goes my Reigns/Jindrak tag title match for WM XXI.

Dropping the U.S. belt to Orlando Jordan at No Way Out with JBL's run-in interference accomplishes three goals:

1) You get the belt off Cena via screw-job without him losing any heat

2) You perfectly set up the Cena/JBL storyline

3) You further your obvious goal of killing the credibility of the U.S. Title by putting it on Orlando Jordan

How can you go wrong?

My Smackdown history is pretty fuzzy, having given up the show for a while, but wouldn't that be the third tournament for this title already? Or am I blending together a different one?

It also looks like they are building towards Eddy v Booker at Mania. That's quite a one year drop off for Eddy

so the WM SD side looks like:

Cena/JBL

Eddy/Booker

Angle/Taker

Show/Reigns?

add something with Rey and RVD

It's a lot less obvious than last year

Guest Fook
All I have to say is WWE better know what they're doing and should just give Heyman 100% control of the show. If you're going to book an ECW reunion show in an ECW hotspot like the Hammerstein Ballroom, it's going to be filled with the old ECW smartened fans.

That's true. If they do a "WWE presents ECW" show, the fans will shit all over it.

The plan is for Orton and Cena to come out of WM XXI as World Champions, swap brands in the lottery, with Orton getting a lengthy reign on SD, and Cena, well, he'll be on Raw, so you know the deal there.

I can see them taking the titles with them, just so Raw, the franchise show, gets the title belt that has all the lineage (and no, I'm not trying to start the whole lineage argument again).

Who the fuck is Steph to say who will be on the ECW ppv?

Well she IS the former owner... :P

Dropping the U.S. belt to Orlando Jordan at No Way Out with JBL's run-in interference accomplishes three goals:

1) You get the belt off Cena via screw-job without him losing any heat

2) You perfectly set up the Cena/JBL storyline

3) You further your obvious goal of killing the credibility of the U.S. Title by putting it on Orlando Jordan

How can you go wrong?

If they are intent on the super push for Cena, no way is he doing any kind of pinfall job, no matter how screwy, that close to Mania.

Guest LooneyTune

Benoit jobbed clean to HBK the month of WM XX (as clean as possible for a Main Event) and won the World Title. Cena losing via screw-job is no different.

My Smackdown history is pretty fuzzy, having given up the show for a while, but wouldn't that be the third tournament for this title already? Or am I blending together a different one?

You may be right but you may be mixing in the tournament for a #1 Contender leading to Backlash 2003 which Cena won.

Guest Fook

If they really want to give Cena the uber-push, I say have him keep the US title and become a double champion at WM. Then they can just vacate the US title and have a tournament for it.

Guest LooneyTune

As much as I hate mid-card tournaments, it's a better idea than "Winner of a Battle Royale is Champion."

I mentioned this in another ECW-WWE post but I think Vince and Co. should take on a relationship with ROH similar to the one they once had with ECW. Maybe even go as far as giving ROH a time slot on WWE 24/7. An ECW PPV would be a perfect way to begin such a relationship as they could put guys like Samoa Joe, Homicide, CM Punk, Brian Danielson, Spanky, maybe even Lo-Ki, etc. on there. In exchange, guys like Paul London, Akio, Mysterio and maybe Eddie could do one shot appearances in ROH. This way the ECW PPV isn't just built around current WWE talent that wrestled in ECW and a bunch of people that can't find work elsewhere. They could maybe do an ROH-ECW angle out of it.

Guest LooneyTune

In other news, Vince McMahon donated $100,000,000 to Ted Turner. As much as that sounds like a good idea for something that has nothing to do with WWE, it's still WWE, and the day McMahon does something that big without the name "WWE" in it is the day the earth explodes.

If they really want to give Cena the uber-push, I say have him keep the US title and become a double champion at WM. Then they can just vacate the US title and have a tournament for it.

I wouldn't be surprised, but then again I'd like to see ALL the titles being defended at WM.

I wouldn't be surprised, but then again I'd like to see ALL the titles being defended at WM.

Who says it wouldn't be?

I could easily see it being like the WrestleMania VI main event: Champion vs. Champion, Title for title.

If they really want to protect Cena, they can have him drop the belt at a house show to whomever. That way, WWE can spin it (not the belt) any way they want and the fans would have to accept it since 99% never saw the change.

If they really want to protect Cena, they can have him drop the belt at a house show to whomever. That way, WWE can spin it (not the belt) any way they want and the fans would have to accept it since 99% never saw the change.

Except then they'd be spitting in the faces of the fans who are still willing to buy tickets to house shows. Not that WWE wouldn't do it anyway, but it's a bad idea to begin with.

If they really want to protect Cena, they can have him drop the belt at a house show to whomever.  That way, WWE can spin it (not the belt) any way they want and the fans would have to accept it since 99% never saw the change.

Except then they'd be spitting in the faces of the fans who are still willing to buy tickets to house shows. Not that WWE wouldn't do it anyway, but it's a bad idea to begin with.

Wouldn't that make house show attendance go up a bit in the hopes of actually seeing a title change? When I say spin it, I meant in reality you have Cena get bopped in the head w/ the belt but the announcers can scream Bloody Murder and how Heel X stopped at NOTHING to win the championship . . . not necessarily lying but a grose exaggeration.

They can just bust an Orton with Cena and have him drop the mid card title before winning the world title the following month.

Unless they decide Cena defends and drops the US title at NWO or is just involved in the number one contenders match like him and Show (the US champ then) were at this years NWO.

If they really want to protect Cena, they can have him drop the belt at a house show to whomever.  That way, WWE can spin it (not the belt) any way they want and the fans would have to accept it since 99% never saw the change.

Wouldn't that make house show attendance go up a bit in the hopes of actually seeing a title change? When I say spin it, I meant in reality you have Cena get bopped in the head w/ the belt but the announcers can scream Bloody Murder and how Heel X stopped at NOTHING to win the championship . . . not necessarily lying but a grose exaggeration.

Unfortunately, the last time they changed a title on a house show, when Booker dropped the IC belt to Christian, it was barely put over at all. If the goal of a title change at a house show is to try and get people to go to them in the hopes of seeing a title change, first off, the title has to be important, secondly, they have to have pictures or handheld video of the change, to show that it happened just as they said, and thirdly, they have to push the holy hell out of it on TV, and scream like crazy that the people who skipped the show missed out on something historic, and that they shouldn't do that the next time WWE is in town. Such attention to detail is foreign to WWE today, so I don't see a house show title change meaning anything, even if they did do it.

By the way, in early 2003, The Rock made an unadvertised appearance at a house show doing a run-in to make the save for a babyface. If WWE didn't push that thing to the moon on TV as a way to get people to house shows, they're not pushing anything.

Benoit jobbed clean to HBK the month of WM XX (as clean as possible for a Main Event) and won the World Title. Cena losing via screw-job is no different.

There is a huge difference to jobbing to a multi-time World Champion in a match with some interference (and to keep said mult-time champ in the title picture for the next two months' storyline) and jobbing to some random midcarder just to get the U.S. title on someone else a month before WM.