TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

Ice Cube is the new......

Heh... I think that echoes the statement I have for this movie. However for the record... comparing Deniro's characters to Ice Cube's is just downright insulting. With Deniro... you can truly believe he's the character he's portraying... Ice Cube is always... Ice Cube. A hardcore nigger who seldom changes. Still very entertaining.

DeNiro's been phoning it in lately though, you've gotta admit it. DeNiro playing DeNiro is still more believeable than most performances, but he hasn't really delivered anything classic in a while. I'd honestly say Analyze This might be the most he's stretched in recent memory, and even then he was parodying himself.

Guest Jimmy Saint
no Ice Cube can't carry an entire film on his own, there are a ton of good actors who can't carry an entire film...Morgan Freeman and Bill Paxton are a couple that spring to mind...brilliant actors but their names alone aren't going to carry the flick...

Mole hit it on the head by comparing Oshea Jackson to Robert DeNiro or hell even Al Pacino...rarely do those guys play something other than tough man with a potty mouth and bad attitude...hell even in Meet The Parents, DeNiro played a bad ass...

what I meant by his range is that he obviously can pull off the dramatic roles well: street thug in Boyz In The Hood, very smart yet very angry college student in Higher Learning.

comedy rolls: stoned slacker in Friday, struggling businessman in Barbershop

and pretty much anyone can pull off action roles given the right script, FX and director...Anaconda was shit but he himself was good...Ghosts Of Mars (that was the title right?) was shit but he was good...

what's the problem with Oshea's acting?

My main problem is that he is crap at acting, he may have charisma and a likeable screen presence playing himself but that doesent equal a great actor. Morgan Freeman can't sell a movie at the box office but he can carry a whole film to greatness on his back due to his abilty as an actor. Ice cube needs an ensemble to carry the film for him. There is a big difference.

To be honest I don't even think Ice Cube is as good of an actor as Vin Diesel. Lets not get stupid here either and be putting him in the same sentance as Deniro or Pacino, whatever way you are throwing that out there.

Guest Beingz0wningj00

There's plenty stupid with what you're saying... Pacino/Deniro whatever eh... they play characters in same realities... but they are not the same person. PAcino was the quiet, coldblooded bastard in the Godfather... he was a cocky maniac in Scarface who gangsters still worship and I could very easily go on. DeNiro is a very similar boat...although I will buy that his latest haven't been too great. Although known for gangster roles... very few of their characters traits carry over to the next film.

Ice Cube in Friday--Pothead in Ghetto who stands up to Debo...wants to use a gun

Trespass--hardcore nigga with guns

Ghost of Mars-" "

XXX 2 he's gonna be a hardcore nigga with guns.

Barbershop... haven't seen... and don't think he looks to play a hardcore nigga with guns... but he's probably Ice Cube cutting hair... which does have amusing attributes.

Ice Cube has good charisma and presence... but his characters are all still Ice Cube. Just hand the nigga a gun and let him blow shit up.

Guest Jimmy Saint

Not if your opinion is that DeNiro and Pacino play the same role in every film when that is in fact complete bollecks.

Guest Beingz0wningj00

Nah... I get what he's saying... different strokes for different folks.

Our standards of 'acting' are different but we see the same PoV

:gas:

:gas: :ph34r:

:gas:

It would be uber hilarious if at the end of the films, that Ice Cube declares that the next enemy of the state is the KKK