TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trivia247

Brock Calls Vince

God, are you blind? I even showed you the quote for full split with the full in bold.

I know the brand split happened in April, but the brands weren't fully split then, because HHH or Hogan or Undertaker or whoever the champ was went back and forth between shows. Thus, with the champ coming over, the show didn't need it's own big star to build around.

The brand split happened in April and the full split happened in September. From September 2002 until he left this April, Brock Lesnar was the centerpiece of Smackdown.

The split still happend in April of 2002, and thats how it will be remembered, not when WWE dusted off the piece of shit Heavyweight Title and threw it over Triple H's shoulder for no reason other than to stroke his ego.

I'm having conflicted views with this . . . .

Trips being handed the title was bad, no doubt. It should've been contested in a tournament, or something of the sort, even if Trips ended up with the title, at least it wouldn't seem as contrived as just handing someone a World title. So for that, I've always seen some "tarnish" on the Raw belt, even though Benoit helped rub some of that "tarnish" off . . .

That being said, I just can't view that belt as "shit", because I feel it's been good for both brands to have World title . . . gives for some comparison, and adds to the competitive feel that the brand extension was supposed to produce all along. Plus, whether WWE wants to recognize it or not, that belt is as historic, if not moreso, than the WWE title that JBL has. Just my personal opinion, that's all.

As for Lesnar? I welcome him back. I didn't like the way he left either, and I'm sure that there's a lot of fences to be mended in the locker room as it relates to Brock. But the business is at a point where it needs all the help it can get, and if you have a major player like Brock back in the main event scene, then I'm all for it. I'd bring him to Raw, trade Orton and/or Michaels to Smackdown, and let the games begin.

The stupid part about the Raw title deal, is that on the night that Hunter was given the title, he beat Ric Flair right after. Was it that hard to do an angle where just as Hunter is taking the belt, Ric Flair interrupts and says that a real champion wins a title in the ring, and set up a match between the two where the winner becomes the first Raw Champion ? At least then the first Raw Champion would have won the title in an actual match.

Guest LooneyTune

The full split technically has never happend then, because the Womens Champion was allowed to jump shows too and they've never officially said the Womens Title is exclusive to RAW unless it was an afterthought comment on Heat. :-D

And obviously I'm not blind, otherwise how would I be using a computer? With my cane?

The split still happend in April of 2002, and thats how it will be remembered, not when WWE dusted off the piece of shit Heavyweight Title and threw it over Triple H's shoulder for no reason other than to stroke his ego.

I'm having conflicted views with this . . . .

Trips being handed the title was bad, no doubt. It should've been contested in a tournament, or something of the sort, even if Trips ended up with the title, at least it wouldn't seem as contrived as just handing someone a World title. So for that, I've always seen some "tarnish" on the Raw belt, even though Benoit helped rub some of that "tarnish" off . . .

That being said, I just can't view that belt as "shit", because I feel it's been good for both brands to have World title . . . gives for some comparison, and adds to the competitive feel that the brand extension was supposed to produce all along. Plus, whether WWE wants to recognize it or not, that belt is as historic, if not moreso, than the WWE title that JBL has. Just my personal opinion, that's all.

As for Lesnar? I welcome him back. I didn't like the way he left either, and I'm sure that there's a lot of fences to be mended in the locker room as it relates to Brock. But the business is at a point where it needs all the help it can get, and if you have a major player like Brock back in the main event scene, then I'm all for it. I'd bring him to Raw, trade Orton and/or Michaels to Smackdown, and let the games begin.

The whole point of just handing the strap to HHH was to creat controversy and heat, which it did, on both counts, so mission accomplished.

The World title has more linage then the WWE title, but the WWE title has the longer history in the WWE, so I think they counter each other out.

HBK plus somebody else NOT envolved in the EC or been on SD alreasy should go to SD.

Guest LooneyTune

Kane has never officially been on Smackdown. He did one appearence to speak about Undertakers burial.

HBK plus somebody else NOT envolved in the EC or been on SD alreasy should go to SD.

The Hurricane, maybe?

Would be nice to see that again.

If not him, who?

Hasnt the Hurricane been on SD already? :huh: Isnt he a member of a Tag Team with Rosey? I prefer Tajiri, he plays a good heel.

I like LTs idea of Kane but isnt he in an angle with Snitsky and Lita (besides, last RAW Lita seemed to like the idea of Kane, her husband, beating up Snitsky).

If hes a face, he faces Angle (weve seen that and well . . . it wasnt that good) and JBL :headbang:

As a heel he faces Eddy, Booker, TBS and UT (for the 1,309,275th time) and RVD (again).

How about Eugene going to SD! It makes sense storyline wise too, Uncle Eric finally gets rid of him and WWE see him as upper-midcard talent.

Guest Trivia247

An Update on this story

(Source www.steveswrestling.com who probably swiped it from somewhere else)

Brock Lesnar has yet to get past Vince McMahon's secretary, Beth, when attempting to talk to Vince McMahon about a return to the company. He's made a number of calls, but Vince has yet to return any of them.

Although WWE didn't have a huge problem with Lesnar's decision to leave for an NFL career, they weren't pleased with the comments he made, putting down WWE and wrestling in general. Because of this, the decision to bring Lesnar back will be much more difficult than it would've been at the time he left the company.

Many also feel that Lesnar's failure to make the roster of an NFL team hurt his leverage in contract negotiations. WWE would've been more likely to bring him back had he had a semi-successful run in the NFL, but he's gone from a big-time performer in WWE to an NFL failure. In order for a WWE return to take place, Brock's attitude would have to change.

Brock also wasn't a huge draw, so a WWE return isn't exactly set in stone. Although most believe a return is inevitable, many believe Lesnar shouldn't be brought back as a main eventer, and should "pay his dues" this time around. On the other hand, some believe he should be brought back as a top-tier wrestler since his return will seem important from a storyline perspective.

The stupid part about the Raw title deal, is that on the night that Hunter was given the title, he beat Ric Flair right after. Was it that hard to do an angle where just as Hunter is taking the belt, Ric Flair interrupts and says that a real champion wins a title in the ring, and set up a match between the two where the winner becomes the first Raw Champion ? At least then the first Raw Champion would have won the title in an actual match.

Yeah, but then it would be seen as a new title. The World Title is supposed to follow the lineage of the WWWF/WWF/WWE title up until Brock became Smackdown exclusive.

Guest Ransome
Yeah, but then it would be seen as a new title. The World Title is supposed to follow the lineage of the WWWF/WWF/WWE title up until Brock became Smackdown exclusive.

Says who? When have they *ever* said this on WWE TV?

Not to get into an argument, but, according to the video packages created by the WWE, the World title follows the lineage of the NWA and WCW until the belts were brought together for Vengeance 2001.

Piece of shit?

Guest TheLastBoyscout
Brock was the centerpiece in SD but the ratings didn't improve at all.

They were worse under Eddie so what's your point? Business hit an all time low with Eddie as Champ.

Guest LooneyTune

Piece of shit?

It was in 2002. The title had zero value to it, and just putting it on Triple H just made it worse, making it possible to make a crap title look even crappier.

The title didn't start improving until... actually never. HHH has been Champion forever, then when he loses it, the person who won it (Goldberg, Benoit) either aren't allowed to do anything good or are made to play second fiddle to HHH.

the Raw Heavyweight Title = the HHH Title.

Not to get into an argument, but, according to the video packages created by the WWE, the World title follows the lineage of the NWA and WCW until the belts were brought together for Vengeance 2001.

You are so right, it harks back to the Original NWA Title, up to the time it was taken over to WCW.

I would give you the dates and everything but my browser doesnt want to open the pages :angry:

The real World Heavyweight title is the TNA Title, followed by the WCW Title and then the WWE version. Shame that, that the 3rd largest belt is the one everybody sees every week. So much so, it used to be called the Federation Championship, and wasnt considered a World Title.

Piece of shit?

It was in 2002. The title had zero value to it, and just putting it on Triple H just made it worse, making it possible to make a crap title look even crappier.

The title didn't start improving until... actually never. HHH has been Champion forever, then when he loses it, the person who won it (Goldberg, Benoit) either aren't allowed to do anything good or are made to play second fiddle to HHH.

So sad but very true.

Piece of shit?

Man, this has got to be the most niggling thing I've ever seen smarks just pounce on for the longest time and base an entire set of opinions on it.

It took me literally a month or two to start looking at it as the Raw title and thinking of it as just that, and that was only because I had to get used to seeing it around someone's waist and being defended. I really couldn't care less about lineages and how it was just handed to someone nearly TWO AND A HALF YEARS AGO (yes, it's been that long). 99.9% of the fanbase certainly doesn't give two shits either, and I'm with them in the same boat, that being that no matter the circumstances or lineage of a title in a pre-determined sport, it's only as good as the people holding it and the matches for it, as well as proper focus being put on the belt. Thus far, it's been pretty fucking good so far in my mind, especially over the length of 2004 with the exception of around June.

Guest LooneyTune

I think it's more about me being bitter that Triple H has challenged or been the champion EVERY month since September of 2002 except for June of 2004, when he and HBK were the main event of a PPV.

Piece of shit?

Man, this has got to be the most niggling thing I've ever seen smarks just pounce on for the longest time and base an entire set of opinions on it.

It took me literally a month or two to start looking at it as the Raw title and thinking of it as just that, and that was only because I had to get used to seeing it around someone's waist and being defended. I really couldn't care less about lineages and how it was just handed to someone nearly TWO AND A HALF YEARS AGO (yes, it's been that long). 99.9% of the fanbase certainly doesn't give two shits either, and I'm with them in the same boat, that being that no matter the circumstances or lineage of a title in a pre-determined sport, it's only as good as the people holding it and the matches for it, as well as proper focus being put on the belt. Thus far, it's been pretty fucking good so far in my mind, especially over the length of 2004 with the exception of around June.

It still the best world title there is on offer. I think HHHs long reign added credibility. Can really call the NWA Title, the Heavyweight Championship of the World? And SD!'s is know as the WWE Championship for crying out loud.

Guest LooneyTune
And August. Shows how forgettable all that Eugene business was.

<---stands corrected. Summerslam 2004 is hard to remember... other than the crowd completely shitting on Edge. And being the hottest for the Heat match.

And August. Shows how forgettable all that Eugene business was.

<---stands corrected. Summerslam 2004 is hard to remember... other than the crowd completely shitting on Edge. And being the hottest for the Heat match.

Orton-Benoit was a good match.