TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Toxxic

PROMO: 'Burnout'

PROMO: ‘Burnout’

“I’ve had a couple of days to think things over now.”

The footage is on the SWF.net website, courtesy of a web cam from Toxxic’s house in Sacramento, California. The Straight-Edge Sensation appears tired, and rarely looks directly into the camera.

“I look back at the match, and I wonder what I could have done differently. In truth there are a lot of things I could have done differently, or wish I’d done differently… but that’s in the past now, and I have to move on.”

One black-nailed hand is run through the spiky hair, dishevelling it a bit, but Toxxic pays no attention to his less-than-perfect appearance.

“I want you to know, Landon, exactly what you’ve done,” he tells the new World Heavyweight Champion. “By my reckoning, you’re the first person to defeat me in any competition since August 20th, when I lost that title to Johnny. That’s four straight months I went undefeated, and I mean undefeated. Not just my partner being pinned in a tag match instead of me - me, my team, nothing I was involved in ever lost. So you have that to pat yourself on the back for.”

One hand raises a can of Coke to the straight-edger’s lips, and Toxxic takes a swig before wiping his mouth on the back of his hand and setting the drink down again.

“Second, you cut my World Championship run off before I could beat Flesher’s landmark and make it to 3rd longest ever. That’s impressive. You beat the most dominant World Champion this year. That’s impressive too. And don’t forget, you made me tap out for the first time ever. Really Landon, you should be throwing the mother of all parties and declaring yourself Jesus about now.”

The faintest hint of a lopsided grin creases Toxxic’s mouth, but even that seems tired… and perhaps a little bitter. It’s a well-known fact that the Straight-Edge Sensation never takes losing well.

“I rose faster and higher than pretty much anyone, certainly in recent memory. You have dethroned me, yes… but you still didn’t get there as fast as me, and you’ll have a job to stay there for as long. As Johnny found out, winning the title is only the first step; next you have to keep it.” Now, for the first time, Toxxic raises his head to stare directly into the camera, steel grey eyes boring into the lens.

“Has anyone else made as big an impact as quick? Maybe, maybe not. But I won’t deny that the cost has been high. I’ve been running in top gear for well over half a year, overcoming obstacles as they presented themselves, defeating opponents and never, ever letting up, not even for a moment. To be honest with you Landon, I’m burned out. I can try and recharge the batteries over the Holiday, but I don’t know how well it’ll work. I have been given serious thought to just saying ‘enough’ for the moment, and taking a leave from the SWF.”

Toxxic pauses to let this statement sink in, then sighs and hauls the SWF Tag Title into view.

“Of course, I have this piece of gold as well, and it would definitely leave Sean somewhat stranded if I was to take off now. Still, sometimes you just have to put yourself above all other considerations. I have been thinking for these few days, and I have come to a decision.”

Toxxic drops the Tag Title, and leans closer to the camera.

“I’m staying here. I’m coming for that title, Landon. And if you try to hold on too hard… I’ll burn you out.”

The camera shot abruptly cuts to black.