TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LucharesuFan619

Kevin Nash vs. DDP vs. Monty Brown booked

That's a good question since they seem to want to get him over as a top singles guy. With Styles, Williams and Sabin all going into the Ultimate X...I don't even know who's left.

It also doesn't help that he was a heel last week...and on the next Impact he's facing another heel.

I have Skipper pegged as the newest meaningless 6 man X division tag guy...joining the likes of Dutt, Red, Kazarian and Shane.

They've been pushing Garza pretty heavy...and with Nash working (I crack myself up sometimes) a match already at the show...he's probably facing Hall.

So I don't see anyone left worth mentioning aside from Kash...who is also a heel.

So we're moving Daniels from meaningless tag worker to main event title challenger just because he was in the cage spectacle main event?  Who is Daniels even working at Final Resolution?

Yeah, well it's better than your idea which likely involves closing down TNA, cancelling the PPV and absorbing your favorites back into ROH.

If you actually followed the promotion instead of constantly bashing it, you'd know that the stipulation of the cage match was that the losing team must break up forever. Therefore, Daniels is going to be booked as a singles from now on. And he was hardly in a "meaningless" tag team, unless you consider being promoted as one of the top 2 tag teams in the company consistently for 2 years and working PPV main events as being "meaningless" (of course I'm sure you'll say, the whole company is meaningless by default...)

I don't know who he will work with at the PPV, in case you didn't notice, I'm not the booker. If I was I would have a totally different card anyway.

For my idea, all he'd need to do would be to sneak attack Brown at the first show after the PPV and cut one of his classic heel promos, throw in 4-6 weeks of classic Daniels mindgames with Brown's insane rebuttles and we have an fun feud and sure to be good match. Let him win a squash match with a local guy at the PPV for all I care.

Like I said, at least I presented an idea. My goodness, it's like dejavu all over again with you and me...

Guest Coffey

I feel the same way about Christopher Daniels as I do about AJ Styles. I mean, both of them are GREAT fucking wrestlers, although sometimes spotty. Granted, because of their lack of size, they have to do those "graceful" high-flying spots and shit...because otherwise...well, I don't know. They can't very well brawl with their size.

I like Christopher Daniels. I really do. Hell, at one time, he was probably top three of my favorite workers in the country along with AmDrag & LowKi. Still, despite his great ring work...I just wouldn't be able to buy him as a main eventer. Unless he was heel and cheated his ass off of course.

I never really realized how much size matters. In fact, I used to knock Vicne McMahon and WWE for it...but when it comes right down to it, how can you expect someone like AJ Styles (as a face mind you) to go over someone like, let's say Abyss? It's just unbelievable. Granted you're supposed to "suspend belief" when watching wrestling, but even I can't take it to that level. Unless Styles is played up as an underdog and then his win is played up as an upset, it looks too fake and corny. At least to me. Of course, if it's a fluke and an upset...it doesn't help either man in the match.

That's my biggest beef with TNA. They have TONS of talent (much like WWE) but they don't have any REAL main eventers. Hell, Jeff Jarrett is pretty much a middleweight. He looks terrible when standing next to people like Abyss too.

Fuck it, TNA should just book Abyss as a hugh, unbeatable monster and give him a 21-month reign like Samoa Joe. Just get him a mouth piece (Sinister Minister? Cyrus?) and he'd be gold.

Just trying to get some more conversation going, but that's really how I feel. Sad too, because Kid Kash would make a great top heel.

I don't know though, it's weird. I thought that Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels were both really good champions. I thought Bulldog was a great IC champ and would've went on to become World Champ. Well, Bulldog kindof bulked up anyway. Bad example. But Hart and Michaels...they were goot. Steamboat and Flair weren't that big and they were good. Same with Rick Rude. Hell, I even liked Bob Backlund, and he certainly wasn't big...so what do I know?

Whatever works, right?

How did people buy HBK beating anyone bigger than him? Because he was an amazing athlete and his fighting spirit was put over. You said yourself you bought him as champion, so what was different between him and AJ? The same thing can be done with Styles, Daniels and anyone who the crowd buys into. AJ Styles is an amazing performer, based on that alone I can buy him beating anyone in this fake sport. It's all a matter of perception and the booking playing to strengths.

Anyway, the right booking here is Raven taking out DDP leaving Monty-Nash 1-1 with Monty going over clean. Book a moderate injury to Monty, either the ribs or if he's consistent enough in selling it, a leg, and then give him the clean underdog win over Jarrett, proving that he's the better fighter. Will it happen? You never know with TNA.

As for Daniels, I agree that it's time to go all out pushing him, because that's pretty much the only reason for breaking up XXX, as Skipper is far too spotty and inconsistent to be relied on as anything more than an X-Division regular. Daniels is better than that.

Guest Coffey

It did take Shawn Michaels years to climb the ladder of success though. I mean Rockers to IC level then to top dog. It took a damn long time.