TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Red Baron

2005 World Junior Hockey Championship Thread

Guest Jason

So, what do you think? Can Sidney Crosby and the Canucks beat Alexander Ovechkin and the Russians?

Guest Jason

I think Canada has a very good chance. Jeff Glass is no Marc-Andre Fleury, but he has been great in net. The forward line of Sidney Crosby, Patrice Bergeron and London Knights hero Corey Perry has been awesome, and pretty much every game has been very high scoring. The defense has been awesome, even though there have been several injuries to it. Brent Sutter has been a great coach as well, and has made all the right calls.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Russia will win.

And I want them to. Will Canada ever stop sucking Crosby's cock and give Ovechkin the credit he deserves? And really, Ovechkin is the coolest hokcey player ever. Just check out his visor.

Canada out to a lightning quick start, 2-0 but Russia gets a fluky goal and its 2-1 at the break.

Fuck fof with your bias, Canada's second goal was far more flukey than Russias. Honestly, its Canada's ethnocentric view of hockey that disgusts me.

I've watched the Juniors and is it just me or is Pierre Maguire one of the weirdest commentators ever? Gord Miller does play by play and you occasionally would hear Maguire mumbling about something, which you couldn't hear cause he talks too quietly.

Maguire does tend to mumble, but the guy flat-out knows his hockey, and I like him.

Plus, he drools over Dion Phaneuf almost as much as I do. Damn, I cannot wait to see him wearing the flaming C.

I found Maguire to be irritating in his one sided-ness and rants about the state of hockey.....he's supposed to be neutral....he was just annoying if you ask me, be neutral and ease your opinions in if possible, not cram them down our throats.....get a column or soapbox.....

Though I agreed in principle with a lot of what he said :headbang: .....but tone it down some.

Yeehaw. We are the kings of hockey: there can be no doubt now.

None at all:

- reigning world champions (men's & women's)

- reigning World Cup champions

- reigning world junior champions

- reigning Olympic gold medallists (men's & women's)

What else is there?

What else is there?

Defending Stanley Cup champion?

/just kidding ... I fully recognize that it was CDN born players that led the Lightning to the Cup

Yeehaw. We are the kings of hockey: there can be no doubt now.

Sidney Crosby > Alexander Ovechkin.

Crosby did absolutely nothing all game. Like nothing. His name was mentioned twice. Its foolish to compare this kid to any of the greats like Mario and Gretzky. Ovechkin didn't do much, either. But he didn't have an amazing team with him, all he had was Malkin and they don't even play together.