TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Taker666

Carlito's petition

On SmackDown!, we saw Triple C start a petition to get GM Long fired. Do you actually think this will lead to Long getting replaced(yet again, sigh) or will it have a different outcome.

I've read some rumors that the WWE might be replacing Long's role as SD! GM (with either Shane,Al Snow, or Nowinsky which I heard). sence this rumor isn't big, its proabally false anyways.

to me, I hope this isn't true, I've been enjoying Long's role as GM even moreso than Bischoff(before he turned face). besides, how many damn GMs is SD! gonna get? it started with Steph,Heyman(the best one), angle, Long and now it could be someone new. just stick with Long.

Guest Korgath

Well, Bischoff will simply get another chance to rub in Smackdown's face then.

It's a contender for the "most continuity shown in an angle" award.

How many times have they used the "petition" angle for the GM position?

Stuff like this IS making me miss that wife beater Austin.

I'm really liking Long as the GM. A heel GM just doesn't work for me, the bad guys cheat, so they get by well enough on their own.

NO MCMAHONS!

At least they've kept Stephanie off TV way longer than we expected.

You know, as far as I can remember, Vince is the only McMahon that appeared on TV in all of 2004. and those appearances were for speical occasions. No wonder why 2004 was such a great year. :)

I'm really liking Long as the GM. A heel GM just doesn't work for me, the bad guys cheat, so they get by well enough on their own.

NO MCMAHONS!

At least they've kept Stephanie off TV way longer than we expected.

They don't exist. It's Stephanie whose kept herself off tv. She could return anytime he wants to.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

Not true. Linda appeared on Raw once last year.

Early like in January.

But who is signing the petition??? Cameramen, ring crew and fans??? What the f**k, as if the WWE would care about such signatories.

Also, Bisch is a tweaner, calling him a face is a long strech.

Keep Long for fs sake.

It may be an excuse to get CCC on NYR, like asking Bisch & RAW superstars to sign it. I mean, he may as well, since the SD! really carries weight in the fans eyes. ;)

Naaaaaah, this is the WWE, that wont happen.

When you have fans of the show signing a petition to remove the General Manager of that show, then I think it has some meaning. I don't really care who is or may become the General Manager, I only watch Smackdown when a match looks like it may be good. This week was the first time I've watched in atleast a month and I did just for Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio, most everything else was almost embarrassing to watch like Kurt Angle's hijinx, John Cena's battle rap with Kenzo, and Daniel Puder's acting. I don't understand how you get a guy who legitimately takes down Kurt Angle in a fight, have him win you 1,000,000 Tough Enough challenge, and instead of putting him in the ring you force him to act (badly) in meaningless backstage skits with divas. Yet, WWE continues to show me that they have no clue what they are doing.

I haven't been able to stand Long on the four or five episodes I watched of Smackdown in the 2nd half of 2004. His act isn't funny and he doesn't have the precense to be a good GM. Even Angle had more spaz than Long, and Angle as GM was one of the worst ideas of the year. Then again, anything looks horrible compared to Heyman as GM which was easily the best GM SD had.

They honestly need a NEW face. Someone from waaay back that no one would really expect to see...like Steamboat.

Hell, move Bischoff to Smackdown and Steamboat on Raw. That would make both shows a bunch more intresting.

When you have fans of the show signing a petition to remove the General Manager of that show, then I think it has some meaning.

I meant it as, when does WWE listen to the fans and I wouldnt be surprised if they were plants.

I haven't been able to stand Long on the four or five episodes I watched of Smackdown in the 2nd half of 2004. His act isn't funny and he doesn't have the precense to be a good GM. Even Angle had more spaz than Long, and Angle as GM was one of the worst ideas of the year. Then again, anything looks horrible compared to Heyman as GM which was easily the best GM SD had.

They honestly need a NEW face. Someone from waaay back that no one would really expect to see...like Steamboat.

Hell, move Bischoff to Smackdown and Steamboat on Raw. That would make both shows a bunch more intresting.

Steamboat wouldn't be a good GM choice. One of my all time favorites and a tremendous worker, but to cut promo's and be in constant backstage skits? No way.

Teddy Long I think has done a fine job as GM. He continues to get good pops when he comes to the ring.

I don't think they will replace him.

Guest LooneyTune

Here's a horrible choice: Dean Malenko! :lol: Well, it's better than bringing a McMahon back.

I like Mr. Long....he's straight down the middle...which he needs to be.....Looks like the writers are slowly moving Bischoff to the middle as well...

They shouldn't replace Long....I'm tired of these kinds of storyline...Long should be the Smackdown GM for a good while....have a steady GM is the best thing to have....thats' one good thing I can say about RAW...they have had the same GM since 2002...

It may be an excuse to get CCC on NYR, like asking Bisch & RAW superstars to sign it. I mean, he may as well, since the SD! really carries weight in the fans eyes. ;)

Ok, include the fact that he's got people signing a petition and you can very well do my idea then.

I was at the Smackdown taping, btw, in the 2nd row by the right side ramp.

Dames

I don't understand how you get a guy who legitimately takes down Kurt Angle in a fight, have him win you 1,000,000 Tough Enough challenge, and instead of putting him in the ring you force him to act (badly) in meaningless backstage skits with divas. Yet, WWE continues to show me that they have no clue what they are doing.

Do you really want to put him on TV and in the ring after 8 weeks of training? They had far LESS time than the Tough Enough 1, 2 & 3 kids to train and yet all of the others went to OVW for at least a few months.

The only logical reason why they should keep him on TV (but then again, this is WWE that we're talking about) is to keep his face on TV until the Royal Rumble, where he'll promptly get his ass kicked by someone in the Rumble and shafted to OVW, I hope.

Dames

Guest bigm350

I think babyface and heel GM's are staler than year-old bread. They should be impartial, like officials are in every other endeavor of life. (For the most part ;) )

It may be an excuse to get CCC on NYR, like asking Bisch & RAW superstars to sign it. I mean, he may as well, since the SD! really carries weight in the fans eyes.  ;)

Ok, include the fact that he's got people signing a petition and you can very well do my idea then.

I was at the Smackdown taping, btw, in the 2nd row by the right side ramp.

Dames

It would be nice to see CCC at NYR, imagine the pop. My apologies Dames, I knew somebody had brought it up before. :huh:

So, the big questions is Dames, did you sign it? :P

I would have, but he didn't get past the first row. The guys in front of me did sign it and as a matter of fact, they had a Puerto Rican flag that they were waving and that's what got his attention. It was awesome.

You couldn't see that on SD on TV, cuz the hard cam was focused on the ring. I was by the ramp on the right side towards the front.

Dames

I would have, but he didn't get past the first row. The guys in front of me did sign it and as a matter of fact, they had a Puerto Rican flag that they were waving and that's what got his attention. It was awesome.

You couldn't see that on SD on TV, cuz the hard cam was focused on the ring. I was by the ramp on the right side towards the front.

Dames

:) Now, that Dames, that is cool.