TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tekcop

Teenagers fromMars

Anyone here every heard of this? I bought the first four issues a little over a year ago (I even got a little pin taped to the back of one the books, which I wore on my hat at work for a few months before I was told to remove it) and loved the hell out of them, but stopped reading comics regulary not long after.

It seems I'm on some sort of mailing list as I got an email about a month ago telling me about a trade paperback collecting the entire series coming out. I haven't been this excited about a comic book release in a long while so I figured I post here and try and spread the love. Here's the email:

The Teenagers From Mars Collected Trade:

Coming this February, all the impossible to find comics will be collected into one giant 272 page volume published by Gigantic Graphic Novels. This is how it was meant to be read, as one massive, blood-splattered tale of romance, vandalism and comics.

Here’s the pitch:

Teenagers From Mars: When Macon, a young comic book artist, is targeted by the local censors for obscenity, he targets back. With the help of Max, a grave robbing thirteen-year-old, and Madison, the strong and independent punk beauty, he forms the world’s first comic book liberation army. It’s a story about kids getting in trouble and falling in love. It’s about a rolled up comic book stuffed in one back pocket with a still warm slingshot crammed in the other. It’s about making comics dangerous again.

TEENAGERS FROM MARS, a 272 page black and white graphic novel with a full-color cover, will be available from Gigantic Graphic Novels February 2005 at the finest comic shops for $19.95.

Here's what it's about from the site:

Macon is a comic-book artist in the horror-noir style, his comics are his manifesto of the everyman in modern American corperate fascism... Madison is every parent's nightmare in combat boots and leather jacket, her quick temper gets her in more trouble than her parents can tolerate... Max is by day a good-natured neighborhood kid who with his two friends Spock and Danny are a fixture in the town streets, but when night falls, the trio engage in less scrupulous activities... Mayor Wertham is fed up with the alleged satanic practices that seem to be multiplying in his peaceful town, and he plans to do something about it... And Sandy is always looking for an opportunity to "check out some action"... Take these individuals, a wanton act of vandalism, hundreds of zombies, several ass-whippings, a hard-boiled detective, throw in some hostile persecution, and a little boy meets girl John Hughes type shit and you got yourself Teenagers from Mars.

Cool, I heard about this comic from Wizard and wanted to read it but never could find it, this might just be what Im looking for.