TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iliketurtles

Michaels/Angle staredown in Japan

I wouldn't mind though two pairs of singles matches; but I had a idea where Bischoff and Long can have a best of three series where the winning brand gets the first draft pick.

Huh?

What draft?

So what would you guys rather seeing: Kurt going down from some Sweet Chin Music or Shawn tapping the fuck out?

*wishes he could make a poll in this thread

:D

Well, I think that Eddie/Rey with a definate heel and face is better than a random, even if it is a great, tag match.

Huh?

What draft?

I guess he's assuming that there will be a draft after WM. Makes sense though, so he's probably right.

If they both go all out, this is going to be the greateast Wrestlemania match since Hart/Austin.

I guess he's assuming that there will be a draft after WM. Makes sense though, so he's probably right.

I thought they only did the mini-draft last year because "it all began again." That made sense. I doubt they are going to do it as a re-occuring theme, but it's possible. I just think that would make it too predictable...I'd rather see trades then a set lottery every year after Wrestlemania.

Really? I don't know how well they'll mesh though. And remember, we never know if Kurt is healthy or not. I think it'll be a solid, good match. I don't know about greatest since Hart/Austin though.

Well, we all know both SHawn and Kurt can go, maybe that was a bit of an overstatement, but I wouldn't mind if it got that high in quality.

I thought they only did the mini-draft last year because "it all began again." That made sense. I doubt they are going to do it as a re-occuring theme, but it's possible. I just think that would make it too predictable...I'd rather see trades then a set lottery every year after Wrestlemania.

Either way, I'm assuming we're going to have some sort of swapping going on. For Smackdown's sake, hopefully. Unless Shawn goes over and that's that.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

They made it sound like the draft lottery was going to be a annual thing; esp considering how well the draft shows do in the ratings.

Neither Shawn nor Kurt have ever had a match as good as Bret/Austin.  They sure won't now.

Didn't Bret himself say that his best Mania match is the Iron Man match from WMXII against Shawn?

Edited by pochorenella

Guest The Shadow Behind You

Bret's a old man with multiple concussions and a stroke victim.

Dont listen to him.

Bret's a old man with multiple concussions and a stroke victim.

Dont listen to him.

Yeah.

Everyone knows the Bret/Lawler match from King of the Ring 95 was the best Bret match ever. ^_-

Neither Shawn nor Kurt have ever had a match as good as Bret/Austin.  They sure won't now. 

Didn't Bret himself say that his best Mania match is the Iron Man match from WMXII against Shawn?

No, Bret said his best Mania match was with Steve, but the Iron Man match with Shawn was the toughest match he ever had.

Who does HBK put over though? All signs point to Edge getting the duke and progressing to a higher status after a win over HBK at the Royal Rumble. Then, if HBK/Angle goes down at Mania, would Shawn lay down? Doubtful. That would suck for Angle, but 2 straight high profile losses after getting defeated time and time again by Triple H (who is being booked as a total pussy in his Batista feud) would really look like shit for Shawn and he knows it.

Pick your poison.

It was announced last year, directly after that particular RAW's ratings were announced, that they would do an annual lottery after Wrestlemania.

Predictabaility is good, in this case -- what else would the fans look forward to, roster-wise? The hardcore fan won't hold their breath waiting for a blockbuster trade, and the casual fan won't even take notice when there IS one. Besides, creating the Lottery capitalizes on the seasonal success of the professional sports' drafts.

The more I think about it, the more that Michaels/Guererro would be such a better match. I mean, it's not as exciting to me as the current plan (which I never even really interested me until I saw the picture in HartFan's sig), but Michaels and Guererro are way more alike.

It was announced last year, directly after that particular RAW's ratings were announced, that they would do an annual lottery after Wrestlemania.

Ah. I hate that. They need to do the draft like in the middle of the summer or something. People will get the Rumble, watch Raw and SD, get Mania, watch the draft, and then stop watching. It's been like that for the past few years and at this rate, it's going to keep up at that pace.

as much as everyone is hyping this, I think the actual match would be a dissapoinment. unless shawn get go with angle on the mat (very suspect there) this will be an obvious style clash (not the wrestling move for all you TNA fans) with shawns high spot offense and kurts mostly mat based stuff. However I guess that kurt could spend the majority of the match wearing shawn down on the mat to build sympathy heat for him as shawn can sell well as we know.

anyhow, I am not quite sure about this one

Besides I thought Angle was facing Taker at mania?

either way the possible mania card makes me glad I didnt try to get a ticket to the show despite being less than an hour away from the staple center

More fuel to the fire. Taken from ign.com

IGN Sports: Is there a Smackdown wrestler in particular who you want to work with?

Shawn Michaels: I think people would like to see Kurt Angle and myself get in there and perform with one another. I think he's an amazing athlete, a talented wrestler, and it's a match people probably don't think that they're going to see. Again, I'm all about new challenges and climbing the mountains I've never climbed before, as I know he is, and it's something that I think we can bring to a big show that people will enjoy.

Besides I thought Angle was facing Taker at mania?

Meh, they can always save such a high profile match for Judgment Day or something.