TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

Leinart Staying in School

Guest Failed Mascot

I agree. Good for him. Go get your college degree and come out looking like the favorite to be the #1 pick in the 06 draft.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

What if he hurts his arm in a car accident tonight? I hate, hate, hate how people use the "He could get injured" comments.

Leinart made the right move; he was going to be stuck with the hopeless 49ers or the equally hopeless Browns franchise. Here; he bolsters his legancy @ USC via status, records and history.

He graduates already by the start of the '05 season; so he'll be completely devoted to USC Football.

Great move.

What if he hurts his arm in a car accident tonight? I hate, hate, hate how people use the "He could get injured" comments.

Leinart made the right move; he was going to be stuck with the hopeless 49ers or the equally hopeless Browns franchise. Here; he bolsters his legancy @ USC via status, records and history.

He graduates already by the start of the '05 season; so he'll be completely devoted to USC Football.

Great move.

Agreed.

He'll end up on a bad team next as well.

Listening to him on Sportscenter, I have a new respect for him.

The interviewer kept saying "what about the money?" and he basically shrugged like "I honestly don't care, I want to stay here and play football."

He doesn't worry about injury, he doesn't care if he wins another Heisman and he'll worry about next year next year.

He has a very good head on his shoulders.

Bravo to Matt.

Guest Failed Mascot
Leinart made the right move; he was going to be stuck with the hopeless 49ers or the equally hopeless Browns franchise.  Here; he bolsters his legancy @ USC via status, records and history.

Great move.

Agreed.

He'll end up on a bad team next as well.

Could end up on the Dolphins. They have alot of cap issues and are looking to get younger on defense. Some of their key free agents now are Chris Chambers, Patrick Surtain, and I think Sam Madison too.

Still, after the 05 season I doubt either Fiedler or Feeley will be around.

Guest Failed Mascot

With Alex Smith, Aaron Rodgers, and Jason Campbell in this draft I think they grab one of those and let Favre do his retirement tour this year.

I think Smith being groomed by Favre would be ideal.

What's interesting about Smith is it seems like the psychical tools aren't necessary all that great, and his draft status is more about accomplishments on the field. Don't get me wrong, that counts for alot. However, i'd be hesitant to draft Smith if his psyhical tool aren't all that great.

Well I mean it's respectable what he wants to do. He will be the Heisman favorite and his team will be #1. Unlike "El Choko White"(i still ike him but damn) he will have a much better chance b/c he stays cool under pressure.

Just an FYI... from what I know, Leinart needs 18 units to graduate. Now, a full load at SC is 16 per semester, but the NCAA only requires athletes to take 12. Leinart COULD HAVE graduated this spring, but now he can take his normal class load and still get his degree.

I was in Heritage Hall today, it was an awesome feeling when the crowd went nuts with the news. I'm definitely glad he's staying.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

I don't think the dolphins will be as bad as they were this season; as a matter of fact; I think they could be much improved. They will install a new offense with a running attack with one of the free agent RB's (Edge; Johnson etc) or a draft.

Leinart is really coming off looking great here; no one would have blamed him for leaving. Already has one national and one co-national championship, Heisman. Graduating... Nothing else to stay for 'cept to shatter Palmer's records.

Guest Rrrsh

I am very happy Matt made teh decision he wanted and didnt get conned by anybody else.

A question I have is this, if USC wins the National Championship next year and he wins another Hiesman, will he be the greatest Player ever in NCAA Football?

3 NC and 2 Hiesmans. Thats pretty impressive.