TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Taker666

SmackDown! beats Raw

Rey Mysterio was squashed by every main event heel in the last year. It makes Eddie look bad losing to him clean multiple times in a row.

Do you really think the fans really give a shit about that anymore. I mean seriously. The fans love mysterio anyways,and seeing Eddie(a fan favorite), loose to Mysterio(another fan favorite), isn't gonna damage Rey or Eddie's credibitly at all.

Guest LooneyTune

To bring up a point earlier in the... month. People say "Benoit is getting screwed over", at least he's jobbing to people who most likely will be World Champions. Eddie Guerrero is jobbing to Mysterio, who won't even be touching the World Title in his career, he was taken to the limit by the Bashams a few weeks ago (seriously, the jobber team that was losing to everyone on Velocity in the summer), and hasn't been booked like a former World Champion at all.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

Would people care as much, if Triple H losts 3 weeks in a row, to Val Venis?

To bring up a point earlier in the... month. People say "Benoit is getting screwed over", at least he's jobbing to people who most likely will be World Champions. Eddie Guerrero is jobbing to Mysterio, who won't even be touching the World Title in his career, he was taken to the limit by the Bashams a few weeks ago (seriously, the jobber team that was losing to everyone on Velocity in the summer), and hasn't been booked like a former World Champion at all.

Wait...so pretty much, former World Champs should be invinceable? Or at least, only lose to people that pretty much are. Well hey...they're doing that with Triple H, I guess he's being 'booked like a former World champ should'. And, people don't like it. I guess Randy Orton, should also be beating everyone...he is a former World Champ you know...

Guest Fook_Theta

HHH did lose three weeks in a row to Val Venis. Back when he was called Shelton Benjamin.

Err, ok I forget how many pinfalls Shelton had on him. Didn't Eugene also get a win or two before being squashed in that cage match? I preface this with I haven't seen but clips of the matches, but the Eddie - Rey Rey feud looks like good deal for both men. Eddie looks strong against Rey, but Rey manages to pull the win out everytime. Both get pops and stay in the limelight for something semi-meaningful.

Guest LooneyTune

Triple H lost once to Benjamin clean (as clean as possible for him), and was pinned by Eugene when Orton ran in and gave him an RKO.

For the record, I like both Eddie and Rey, but I find it weird Eddie is shunted so far down the card that he can't beat Rey Mysterio, while last year he was being put over everyone from January-June.

I think the SD recap this week says it all about Smackdown and RAW. RAW has HHH/Batista which is actually being done well and RAW is actually building stuff for the Rumble. Smackdown has a Title match and a guy announced for the Rumble, but that's about it. That title match is being built decently, but it seems the focus has been more on their valet's than the actual wrestlers.

JBL: "I've got the title, come get it!"

Big Show: "Who cares I'm more pissed about this woman who just joined WWE a couple of months ago, but I seem to be madly in love with!"

Guest M. Harry Smilac
Eddie/Rey having pointless matches every week (Where Eddie continues to job... to a friggin' midget) doesn't really make me scream for joy. Angle's hometown challenge is waste of time every week. The main stable on Smackdown comprises of JBL, Orlando Jordan, and the Bashams (please shoot me). Countless half-assed attempts to get as many whores off the street on T.V. as possible. The cruiserweights are either jobbed out against the "more important wrestlers" (a.k.a anyone over 229 lbs.) and stuck in Velocity hell.

JBL is the worst booked champion since Chris Jericho. Is it illegal for him to actually beat anyone clean? John Cena is US Champion for the 1085th time this year, does shit in the ring, relies on the same shitty promos, and has the most horrible looking belt since... the old US Title. The Tag Division is either thrown together messes or teams that outright either are boring as hell (Bashams) or as stale as a 60 year old loaf of bread (Dudleys).

Must I go on about how horrible Smackdown still is?

We can sub Jericho/Benoit for Eddie/Rey except they aren't jobbing to each other...yet!

Angle's hometown challenge is as big a waste of time as Simon Dean's schtick.

The only stable on RAW is no better then JBL's except for Batista who's being booked well but still hasn't show he's go it and is being very well protected as not to show it at the moment, probably for our own good.

As for the whores lets not forget were they came from!

The "cruiserweights" or non-hosses on RAW only job to the big guys and are stuck on heat hell.(Val,Tajiri,Hurricane,Rhyno)

JBL is a better champion at this moment then HHH.

Ppl are actually looking forward to his defeat unlike HHH who ppl already know to think "who will he lose it to,only to win it back right away"

Cena as US champ right now is alot better and treated more significantly then the current IC champ who I actually have to sit here and remember who it is as i'm typing this he's been booked so horribly.Poor Shelton :(

The tag division on both brands are just thrown to gether teams with the 1-2 other "teams" that no one cares about like La Resistance and The Bashams.

Must I go on about how horrible both brands are?

This is like aruing whether it would be less painful to be hit in the crotch with a spiked bat or a rusty sword. :D

Guest Hass of Pain
The only people who find Smackdown good are people who enjoy watching the Bashams and Orlando Jordan pushed ahead of wrestlers with actual talent.

Anyone who has seen five minutes of OVW footage knows that the Bashams aren't "talentless" and it's a little ignorant to say honestly. They feuded for months in what a lot of people called one of the greatest feuds of the last five years in all of wrestling, and both guys can go off on the mic and in the ring if they had anyone with the slightest bit of talent to work with. Give it 18 months and both Bashams will be stars along with Rob Conway, mark my words.

I would tend to agree with Taker that Smackdown has been the more entertaining show for the last few weeks. Bradshaw and his Cabinet are really gelling and Amy Webber is the most talented new Diva since Trish Stratus. Give it six months and I think most people will call Smackdown by the better brand barring no dumb trades like Cena for Orton as Meltzer is saying.