TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Styles

TNA Final Resolution reaction

What did you think of Final Resolution?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of Final Resolution?

• I ordered the show and enjoyed it
    • I ordered the show and did not enjoy it
    • I did not order the show but think I would have enjoyed it
    • I did not order the show and don't think I would have enjoyed it

Damn. Besides the disappointing ending, at least it was done well and wasn't cheap and builds to a rematch making eveyone look stronger, but what a PPV. Turning Point was good, but Final Resolution IMO was excellent. I can't remember I had that much FUN watching a PPV. I was marking out over and over again and I was just watching it alone, really into it.

The opener was just what it needed to be, a hot match. Skipper/Dutt put on an exciting spotfest, Dustin and Kash had a suprisingly good psychology based match, Piper made Hall/Hardy entertaining (I was laughing at the prematch frisking and the results!). Raven/Watts wasn't great but there are circumstances around that. The 3 way was what it needed to be and gave everyone hope for Monty.

The last 3 matches were literally nonstop action. Just an awesome triple main event to finish things. AMW are like tag team gods. Another emotional tag team battle for them. I loved how it evolved from brawling to the heel heat segment, to all the nearfalls to the backfiring interference. ****s at least. And then, Ulitmate X was just one markout moment after another. I don't want to throw 5 snowflakes out there but it was pretty perfect. I mean AJ bringing the psychology with the hurt hand and not being able to climb? The spot where AJ flipped inside out and I thought he was dead? The way he sold the destroyer? The way he leaped out of nowhere to grab the belt? Hell, AJ made the match!

And the main event was what it needed to be if Jarrett was going to retain. Nothing like Nash interfering or a dumb ref bump leading to a pin. Monty looked like a contender, took Jarrett to his limit and it took Jarrett countless gutair shots, lowblows and strokes to finally put him away. I hope they promote the 1 on 1 rematch for Feb. like everyone wanted and pull the trigger on Monty.

Oh, and I can't forget the atmosphere. I have never seen a crowd quite like the Impact Zone audience that is consistently into the show from start to finish. Their cheers and chants really added a layer of atmosphere to the show.

I would highly reccomend the replay for anyone with the funds. I would gladly forgoe ordering Royal Rumble in favor of this show.

Ok, enough of my gushing, let's hear from others who watched the show.

As for those who didn't see it, wait until you all read other opinions, results, etc. and honestly respond whether it was a show you might have enjoyed.

Guest Fook_Theta

Did not watch it but looked at the preliminary results posted around the net.

Yes it looks like all the non-Jarret-holding belts got transfered to the faces/draws. I guess that is a good thing. However, AJ winning leaves me with the only possibility that he put on a good match. Where was the short-term or hell, even long-term feud here? AMW winning was very short-term booking, but I'll let that slide.

I'm sorry you guys paid for yet another medicore but "better than WWE!" PPV.

Guest LooneyTune
To no one's surprise:

Jarrett retains again!

:angry:

I think everyone knew that, but your nickname is now "Captain Obvious". Brown wasn't going to win the title, and everyone should've expected Jarrett to retain.

As apparently the only person on Earth who actually watched the show, I can say that Jarrett retaining was not as bad as it sounds. I am almost positive they will do a rematch at the next show, with 1 on 1 buildup. Seriously, Monty took him to the limit and Jarrett had to throw everything but the kitchen sink at him to beat him. I think the point of this match was like a trial baloon to make Monty a star and show he's capable of beating Jarrett for the rematch.

And I can emphatically say this was NOT a mediocre "just better than WWE" PPV. It was as I said the most fun PPV I've watched maybe ever. The tag title and Ultimate X matches were insanely good.

I feel like the only person in the world who actually gives TNA a chance around here. Anyone else care to chime in who's seen the show?

2 people have voted that they saw the show and did not enjoy it. I am begging those voters to please comment and elaborate. I am not exagerating, I really thought this PPV was awesome and just a Brown title win away from being in best ever territorry. Please, do make yourselves heard because I really am curious to hear your reasons for not enjoying the show.

Guest LooneyTune
It was as I said the most fun PPV I've watched maybe ever.

I'm guessing you haven't watched many PPV's. I'd recommend Every WWF PPV from January-May 2000 as great shows and all around fun to watch.

Guest TDinDC1112

If you ordered that ppv, and didn't enjoy it, well, you're nuts.

That was TNA's second AWESOME ppv in a row. I know the ending was deflating, but looking past it, that was 3 1/2 hours of SUPER entertainment. The tag match and the Ultimate X are worth it alone. Just a super show.

Guest TDinDC1112

I'm guessing you haven't watched many PPV's. I'd recommend Every WWF PPV from January-May 2000 as great shows and all around fun to watch.

Great, pluck out the best 6 months of pro-wrestling in the last 20 years and compare everything else to it.

I didn't order it (no PPV box), but I watched what I could and listened via scramblevision and it came off like a really great PPV.

I'd say the stars Slapnuts is throwing around are about right, and a lot of the questionable matches really delivered (Dustin v.s. Kash was a fantastic selljob by Dustin).

Guest TDinDC1112

The 2 matches that needed to be good to swing the show towards the positive (and they had potential to be horrible) were Dutt-Skipper and Kash-Dustin. They were good. Candido-O'Reilly was good too, as was the opening 6 man. Ultimate X and Tag title match were great. I thought the main event was ok too, until the over booked finish.

Kash got a *** match out of Dustin for sure. Kash was wrestling himself in there it was amazing, like a Ric Flair performance. The match made total sense. A lot of psychology in tonights show which is a nice change of pace from just highspots.

Guest LooneyTune

Great, pluck out the best 6 months of pro-wrestling in the last 20 years and compare everything else to it.

I already did, but if you want me to list every PPV ever that I thought was fun, it's going to take some time.

I stand by my comment. For the record Backlash 2000 was the most fun show I've ever seen....and I was there live, therefore it doesn't count as a PPV to me (i.e. on TV).

Again, I plead to the people who saw the show and voted they didn't like it to speak out. All I'm getting so far is people who watched the show and agree with me that it was awesome and the typical negativity from the anti-TNA people who didn't see it. If you didn't like it speak out and tell us why!

Guest LooneyTune

I stand by my comment. For the record Backlash 2000 was the most fun show I've ever seen....and I was there live, therefore it doesn't count as a PPV to me (i.e. on TV).

Oh come on, just because you are hard selling TNA because it's going to die doesn't need twisted logic about how to determine what a PPV show is. Just say it: The show was great for a pay-per-view, and from top to bottom fun.

Oh come on, just because you are hard selling TNA because it's going to die doesn't need twisted logic about how to determine what a PPV show is. Just say it: The show was great for a pay-per-view, and from top to bottom fun.

It was top to bottom fun, probably the most fun I've ever had watching a wrestling PPV on TV. I was all alone (well except for my dog who didn't know what was going on) and I marked out numerous times throughout. It wasn't just one match or one moment.

I really enjoyed this show. More so than New Year's Revolution, definately.

I'm glad I ordered it....and I'm damn hoping Brown gets a rematch where he wins in the future with how strong he looked (chairshots, 2 or 3 guitar shots, belt shots and then 3 strokes (one with a low blow before it) before Brown was finally put down.

Guest LooneyTune

Fantasy time... Imagine if Randy Savage vs. Jeff Jarrett actually happend... wait, nevermind, I'm trying to forget that was going to happen. Anything would've been better than that match.

Fantasy time... Imagine if Randy Savage vs. Jeff Jarrett actually happend... wait, nevermind, I'm trying to forget that was going to happen. Anything would've been better than that match.

Hogan vs. Savage for the NWA World Title.

Hogan vs. Savage for the NWA World Title.

In a Yapepi Strap Match! :lol:

Guest LooneyTune

What the hell is a Yapepi Strap Match? and Hogan vs. Savage would've been better. At least Hogan and Savage are both over main eventers around the World.

In ring quality? Even in the horrible department.

I just wrote a long winded post on the show but then my browser froze up so I'll keep it shorter than last one...

Overall, the show was as good, if not better overall maybe, than Turning Point. If TNA keeps having at least really good ppvs like this, I dont think they will be going out of business anytime soon, but thats debatable. One thing that does really get to me around here is the unwillingness of alot of you guys to even accept than anything TNA is doing is *gasp* actually something good or worth paying for. Stop being so blinded from the past mistakes they have done and look to the here and now - its not that bad! In fact these last two ppvs are something to throw down some money on if you really are a wrestling fan and want to support an event that delivered on many fronts. Simply going to find it off the internet for free and then continuously bitching about TNA's negatives in the mean time doesnt help anything. If a show is well done, I dont see what the problem is with supporting it's effort by actually buying the show, especially in a situation like this.

My only real complaint about the ppv and the company as a whole is how Brown didnt win tonight. I think this was the time and the place to do it - as the fans were and have been begging for it long enough. With that said, a rematch could draw if they follow up immediately on this. Every extra day the no-drawing stale Jarrett continues to hold the belt, its just hurting the overall perception of the company to people like alot of us on the internet here - and dare I say I think thats one reason why alot of you may be so biased against TNA because of this one point.

Not sure what they are going to do with the world title picture now, but if they dont go with Brown-Jarrett again soon, the company will continue to flounder with the masses not taking them seriously when they have such a lame world title division that only serve to feed the egos like Nash and Jarrett. If they do in fact build the next ppv to those two for the world title, it's not going to get any better. The thought of Jeff Hardy back in the title hunt isnt exactly exciting either, to say the least. The only real answer is to build a rematch next ppv where they give Brown the belt. Every other scenario (such as a Nash v. Jarrett title match for sure) is worthless in my eyes and will just serve to stick it to the loyal fanbase they are gaining in Orlando and everywhere else from the past few ppvs if they dont go with Brown.

Opening six man and Skipper-Dutt was better than I expected and showcased everyone working real hard. Both are easy *** 1/2

Kash-Rhodes was also better than I expected and built logically to a finish. ***

The real downer of the show was Raven/Watts. Boring match that saw Watts clearly not into working this match really and Raven having a hell of a time carrying him. Made no sense to give Watts the win either when it appeared they were blowing Watts off afterwards with Raven laying him out (perhaps as a send off?) *

Hardy/Hall and 3 way dance werent as good as some of the other earlier matches but still average matches at ** 1/2. Good to see Hall put over talent no questions asked. Abyss coming back was a surprise too (I'm assuming to lead to a TLC match with Hardy next month's ppv). As far as the 3 way match, Nash was the shits and worked at a snail's pace (how crappy looking was him trying to take a bump over the ropes?) but DDP and Brown had a nice little series of moves leading to a finish.

Tag title match was way beyond anything I thought it would be. Best match for AMW in a really long time (maybe since the matches they had with New Church even) and Team Canada's best match ever. That team has potential in the future if they can work like this normally. Nearfalls at the end were great and believable as hell. ****

Ultimate X also delivered big time. Styles selling added alot of drama to the match that made for a great finish. Some spots were certainly innovative and really well done overall. **** 1/4

Main event had great heat, great brawling, and led up well to the finish. If only the finish would have been different (like Brown still kicking out of the stroke and then winning it with the Pounce) this would have been alot better. But to be fair, Jarrett had to do one thing after another to keep Brown down, but it still served to help nobody unless a rematch is followed up on. *** 1/4

Guest LooneyTune

Jarrett/Brown is a ***+ match?! Jarrett has only had a handful of 3 star matches in his career, and 1 is against Monty Brown? Either someone slipped something special in Jarrett's coffee, or everyone is a little too generous with star ratings because the matches before it were good.

By the way, am I the only one who keeps seeing "TNA Final Solution" in the title, even though it clearly says "Resolution"? Damn my eyes.

Jarrett/Brown is a ***+ match?! Jarrett has only had a handful of 3 star matches in his career, and 1 is against Monty Brown? Either someone slipped something special in Jarrett's coffee, or everyone is a little too generous with star ratings because the matches before it were good.

By the way, am I the only one who keeps seeing "TNA Final Solution" in the title, even though it clearly says "Resolution"? Damn my eyes.

Just watch it and see for yourself if you dont think its true - to each their own.

Marty_Feldman.jpg

"Too late!"

Guest LooneyTune

If I had a PPV connection I might've ordered, but I didn't think it was possible for TNA to put this good of stuff on, considering all of 2004 really sucked.

Unless of course, people like it because TNA is on it's death bed soon (trying not to be negative). Lord knows, I was praising WCW from January-March 2001, even though I haven't watched a single Nitro from the Russo booking because of how horrible it sounded. Go Enforcer Road Warrior Animal!