TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cawthon777

Vader vs. Jake the Snake on Boy Meets World

I was flipping through channels last night and saw this episode of Boy Meets World, with Vader as a guest.

It was from 1996 and I immediately took notice when two of the main characters (Cory and Shawn) along with Vader's on-screen son (Ethan Suplee, 'Mallrats', 'The Butterfly Effect') seconded Vader in a match against Jake Roberts at what was obviously a house show.

So I went online last night and did a little research. Came up with this for the date and location.

WWF @ Anaheim, CA - Arrowhead Pond - October 13, 1996 (5,331)

Included Brian Pillman interviewing Sunny, which led to Steve Austin coming out and stating that he will face the winner of the world title match the next time the WWF comes to Anaheim

Barry Windham defeated Justin Bradshaw

Jose Lothario defeated Jim Cornette

Vader pinned Jake Roberts with the Vader Bomb; in Vader's corner for the match was Ben Savage (Cory), Rider Strong (Shawn), and Ethan Suplee (Frankie Stechino) from 'Boy Meets World'; footage was shot for an episode of the series in which Cory and Shawn helped Frankie bond with his dad (Vader); prior to the bout, Brother Love introduced Vader to the ring

Steve Austin defeated Savio Vega

Psycho Sid pinned Vader with the chokeslam and a legdrop

WWF IC Champion Marc Mero pinned Hunter Hearst Helmsley with a moonsault

The Grimm Twins defeated the Smoking Gunns

The Undertaker defeated Mankind

WWF World Champion Shawn Michaels pinned Goldust with the superkick after kissing him; because of problems with the top rope earlier in the evening, the bottom rope was moved up and the bout was wrestled with only two ring ropes

Something I found to be strange was that - during the episode - it was mentioned that if Vader won the match he would earn a title shot against Shawn Michaels at Madison Square Garden.

Keep in mind Vader was originally supposed to go over Sid at 'Buried Alive' just days after that Anaheim show, then go on to face HBK at Survivor Series (held at MSG).

because of problems with the top rope earlier in the evening, the bottom rope was moved up and the bout was wrestled with only two ring ropes

cawthon, do you have any idea what happened with the ropes?

that was in anaheim? oh man I wish I would have gone lol

I liked that episode, where cory has to both be at Topangas bday party and at the wrestling show and gets caught when he keeps his vader mask on at the party and she sees the match on tv right? (im sketchy since i havent seen that ep in a few years

that was actually vaders 2nd appearance on boy meets world. he had appeared in 95 in an episode in which cory joins the wrestling team and for some reason at a charity event has to fight vader (w/ wcw us title in hand- making the taping of this sometime in dec 94-marc 95)

of course mankind made a guest appearance on the show in fall 99

also at the end of the vader/jake show, vader is in the principals office with mr feeny who apparantly was his principal back in the day and he calls him "leslie" and vader freaks out saying dont tall anyone or sometin (Leslie? his name is Leon aint it?)

Guest BDC

Yeah, Vader basically begged off on the name thing.

Still, it was nice to have Vader around on the show.

Guest netslob

huh, i just watched this the other day when i was flipping around. what i found funny was how much Vader and Ethan Suplee actually look like father and son.

The strangest part of that match was Brother Love doing solo commentary during it.

The real strange part was that he did commentary over the house mic, so the crowd could hear him.

Guest LooneyTune
The strangest part of that match was Brother Love doing solo commentary during it.

The real strange part was that he did commentary over the house mic, so the crowd could hear him.

That wins the strangest part... unless Roberts got a lot of offense in.

Guest LooneyTune
They sold it like Jake was kickin' the crap out of Vader for most of the match.

:huh: :throwup:

Damn you, Shawn Michaels!

Did he really? Or was it just dubbed over for the show? Because that would be interesting.

Hey the first ep of this show that featured Vader was on the disney channel the other day

in it cory joins the wrestling team but doesnt wrestle he kust hangs out with the jocks and cool kids. But he gets into a fight with joey frankies freind and they schedule a grudge wrestling match . at it, Robert Goulet is the ring announcer and yasmine bleeth from baywatch a special guest ring girl. AND vader shows up with his son Frankie and wearing the wcw us title. cory gets the better of joey so frnakie tags in, cory tags in his brother eric and he pokes frankie in the eye so he tags in vader whos slams eric. mr feeny comes down to put a halt to this (and this is where he calls vader Leslie)

cory leaves the wrestling team and loses his friends. at the end he is in detention with joey and frankie and their friend (who was the guy who replaced harley as the bully at the school) he gets goulet to come in and sing for them as the show ends

and it says guest starring

leon white as vader

crazy stuff