TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Yutaka Yoshie has his priorities straight

iizukayoshie012405.jpg

Yutaka Yoshie signed his new contract today, and it took him just 10 minutes to get through negotiations and sign five separate forms. Yoshie explained his quick signing, saying he had missed breakfast, and his hunger took priority over negotiations over insignificant things like money! A distressed Yoshie (see above) said all he could think about while talking with President Kusama was food, and as soon as he left the negotiating room, he rushed off to find something to eat.

Chairman of the wrestlers, Takashi Iizuka, put pen to paper, signing a new contract. May, 2005, will be the 20th anniversary since Iizuka joined New Japan's dojo, and the submission master has never left the promotion since. Iizuka announced plans to be persistent and chase who he called "The World's Worst Man", Minoru Suzuki. The old rivals met at the Tokyo Dome, with Suzuki scraping through and coming out on top. As wrestler chairman, Iizuka wants to build strong relationships with wrestlers, and also announced that he wants to be a wall for young generation members like Tanahashi and Nakamura this year. He wants to win his first IWGP belt since 1996, and also avenge his loss to Suzuki by beating the Pancrase Mission star with a sleeper hold.

Koji Kanemoto announced in his online diary at his official site today that he renewed his contract with New Japan earlier, after first stage talks ended in a stalemate. Kanemoto was holding out for more money again, so Kusama said to him, "If you don't like your deal, you may leave." Kanemoto apologized to Kusama today, and admitted he never planned to leave New Japan. Kanemoto said he loves New Japan and will continue to be a leader in the junior division this year.

Chono and Nakanishi signed their contracts quietly on Friday. Those who have yet to sign publically are Liger (possibly today), Hiro & Goto (I'm not sure if they have the same contracts anymore, as they do a lot of out-of-ring duties), El Samurai, and Shibata (the only one who seems in danger of leaving, besides Yasuda, who was fired). Some reports are saying that Nakamura didn't actually sign his contract last time, but will during his next talks with Kusama.

Guest Black Tiger

As if his fat-ass wrestling style wasn't enough. Now he participates in stupid angles like this. One more reason to hate Yutaka Yoshie. As if his old hair styles weren't enough. Plus his grand idea of "The Yoshie BUTT Festival".

Guest Salacious Crumb

Yoshie is probably my most hated Young Lion right after Blue Wolf. I think the only not bad Yoshie match I've seen was against Nagata at the 2003 G-1 Climax.

But I guess he's kind of over so it was probably good that they resigned him.

Guest Black Tiger

Tenzan got a miracle match out of Yoshie on the NJ 12/14/00 PPV. Of course the inferrior booking (Tenzan jobbing) factor tends to kill some of the buzz, but its still a pretty good match. The only other aspect about Yoshie I like, is his music.

Guest Black Tiger

I don't think Yoshie will ever be taken seriously. For starters, I believe that he spent the most time as a Young Lion. He just had his 10th Anniversary match, and he didn't really get any sort of recognition until probably mid-late 2001.

Then you have the whole thing with his hair, and he really can't "wrestle". He just kind of throws his weight around. Add in stupid little, I guess they could be called angles, like the Yoshie BUTT Festival, and his story for his contract signing.

Yoshie is the ECW version of the Blue Meanie at this point. His character and gimmick revolves around his *girth* instead of his wrestling ability. If that's not a deal that screams "FAT USELESS FUCK" then I don't know what does.

At least he doesn't try and act like Karl Gotch trained him or something for a gimmick...